FE5-GBA Tileset Project

Yeah for some reason the 0 and 4 palettes get swapped when I import. I can fix it by switching them with copy/paste. After that everything works fine

Alright, thatā€™s good.

A fe5 tileset for gba? Great, the first step towards FE6 beta-Emblem/maiden of darkness becoming a reality.

A little jarring to use right after vanilla tilesets with the different houses and whatnot, but itā€™s still a great tileset. Iā€™m sure this project will develop into something great! :+1:

I improved my castle tileset even further, adding more water tiles, cliffs, sand, and fixing up the existing palette.

mapanime%201_000 mapanime%201_001 mapanime%201_002 mapanime%201_003 mapanime%201_004 mapanime%201_005 mapanime%201_006 mapanime%201_007

3 Likes

Looks absolutely fantastic. I love FE4/5ā€™s Artstyle a lot. Wish I had a project that would use these tiles. :slight_smile:

I was going to make a improved version tooā€¦
I think iā€™m gonna make it anyway, because more outdoors terrain isnā€™t what the tileset needs.

What exactly are you thinking of doing for your tileset?

Mainly do more custom walls, columns and floor tiles.
In other words, increase the variety of indoors tiles, which is what the tileset needs.

Alright. I might try to do the same for mine as well, in that case, if you feel that the indoor section is lacking. I believe I added a couple new floors in my tileset, and introduced more wall varieties. I might look at more vanilla GBA tilesets to see what else I can add. My intention was not to add more outdoor tiles, but thatā€™s what I ended up doing when I was at the end.

Well, this has been a long time coming.

Ever wanted to have ships (both vertical and horizontal), mountains, forests, desert, castle, village, ocean, and cliffs all in one map? Look no further.

The Everything tileset. Get it now.

Have some preview maps as inspirations.

20 Likes

That horizontal boat is really jenky, especially juxtaposed with the vertical one

I didnā€™t have much room in the tile map to make a horizontal boat. I had to make do with what I already had. Part of the reason it looks janky may be because there isnā€™t much on it compared to the vertical boat.

While I prefer the GBA tilesets for their more stylized and colorful palettes, this is some impressive work and Iā€™m curious what a hack with these would look like.

1 Like

Palettes shouldnā€™t be an issue since you can easily change the palette in the editor.
I made a lighter version precisely to solve this issue.

1 Like

If the lighter version isnā€™t light enough for you.

4 Likes

Crap I worded that really poorly. I mean I liked the cartoony stylization of the GBA game tilesets. They both look great in their own rights, but I think GBAā€™s tilesets stand out a bit more. Palettes wouldnā€™t really be an issue in the first place since people can easily edit them.

Alright. Though plenty of my tiles are about the same or similar to GBA, like the regular grass, mountains, rivers, floor tiles, and seas. Really only the ship, the wall tiles, and the light grass feel radically different to GBA-style to me.

I feel my tiles are graphically superior to vanilla and the palette is easier to work with, but I see how the simpler vanilla tiles would fit more with that style. You could only use the more vanilla-styled tiles and it would fit better. Itā€™s kinda all up to preference in the end.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never unstalled a tileset before, but upon reading I still canā€™t figure it out.
Iā€™ve added the tile config in the bottom right, and the image in the bottom middle.
But still the mountains are all off colored and parts of the map arenā€™t paletted properly either.

So I havenā€™t touched the bottom right import palette. Even if I do it still isnā€™t right.

For whatever reason the lighter palette reminds me of the N64 FE game that was scrapped.