Here is the Randomizer: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsfU3qRjcTTdnEoTseWI55eBSFjO?e=btzZgr
Here is a link to DSLazy, which is required to make it work: https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/793/
And here is the source code on GitHub (Warning! First time, learn-as-i-go Haskell code ahead): https://github.com/jespoketheepic/Jespokes-FE11-Randomizer
So i tried my hand at learning Haskell over the last few weeks, and the people that recognize me should know what that means: A new Fire Emblem Randomizer! I’m very much on brand this time too, making a very janky randomizer for a game that had none before: FE11 this time.
Partially because Haskell turned out to be a very… unconventional language for this kind of project, there is no GUI this time. Everything is operated in a terminal with (y/n) or 1, 2, 3 inputs for answers.
The available randomization options are:
– Enemy classes
– Enemy bases
– Enemy growths
- Reclass system*
* Whether you can reclass at all, randomized class sets, or normal class sets.
It also adds Falcon Knight to the regular class pool, and if you randomize classes, it also shuffles who
has access to each PRF weapon.
The Whitewings, who normally each start over water, should move to land now so you can actually get them if they can no longer fly.
Basic instructions on how to use it:
- Download the folder with the randomizer
- Download DSLazy, and place the DSLazy folder in the randomizer folder
- Run DSLazy.exe, pick your FE11 ROM with the […] button, and unpack it
- Then run Jespoke’s FE11 Randomizer.exe, and follow the text instructions
- Once the randomizer closes after applying your edits, use DSLazy to pack a new ROM
Lastly, i included a side feature i call the Meme Mart. It’s selection is sparse for now, but it has a few very stupid edits you can apply to the game, after the randomization, or on its own without any randomizing. I would like people’s suggestions for what edits i should put in the Meme Mart in the future. I load a ton of the variables of the game into easily edited datastructures, so what kind of edits i can offer is pretty broad, so give me some ideas
- Removed classes with no generic portrait from the options for enemies to become, since giving them portraits didn’t stop the crashing they caused on certain emulators.
- New Meme Mart option: “devil” to give every weapon the devil effect.
- Gaiden characters no longer get prf weapons.
- Fixed random reclass sets being able to become too big for the game to handle.
- Removed the unified reclass set option that didn’t work.
- Fixed a bug in a feature of last update; hopefully the classes that can crash some emulators are now gone for real.
- The unpromoted and promoted reclass sets now line up.
- Fixed the dragon memes to actually work now, and added a feature to it: All characters get access to either Earthstones or Divinestones.
- “brave” to make all weapons have the Brave effect added to the Meme Mart
- Fixed an issue that the previous patch introduced where the reclass alterations messed up the class table, giving anyone that wasn’t a Lord a wrong class.
- New options for having class stats added into the character stats before randomizing them for GBA-style randomization.
- “0%” added to the Meme Mart, for 0% growth.