FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

If you’re a paint dot net lad you can use the fill bucket tool, change flood mode to global, reduce tolerance to 0% and disable anti-aliasing then count up as you replace each colour with the same new one until everything’s the same colour, then undo all your filling

1 Like

Colorcube analysis in GIMP tells you how many unique colors are in the image. I don’t remember where it is, but GIMP also has a function search you can use to find it.

1 Like

I didn’t expect this much help :>
Thank you, y’all! I’m using gimp, so this is definitely helpful :>

What I usually do to curb the color is to change the colours from RGB to indexed 16-bit and GIMP will automatically merge similiar colour until there’s only 16 left.

(it’s image -> mode -> indexed)
(change the maximal number of colours to 16)

2 Likes

Now that I’m at my computer I can actually tell you specifically where the function I mentioned is, assuming you’re using GIMP 2.10 or newer (not sure what the current version is).

Colors dropdown menu -> Info -> Colorcube analysis
It’ll say right in the window in plain old english, “number of unique colors.”

If for some reason the feature has been moved somewhere else, you can use the help dropdown menu and select “search and run a command.” Just type in colorcube analysis and then double click it in the results list.

1 Like

I have a question. There’s an animation in the repository that looks like something I’d like to use. However, I would like to make edits to it for it to better suit what I want to use it for. I don’t want to just be stealing the work of whoever made it, so what’s the proper thing to do here?

Is it fine to make the edits as long as I credit them, seeing as it’s from the repository? Should I ask the original creator for permission Is there something else I’m not thinking of? I don’t want to accidentally steal someone’s work, or make changes to work someone doesn’t want changed.

98% of animations in the repository are F2E. All the rest are F2U. The only ones that ‘aren’t’ F2E are maybe BwdYeti’s animations because he’s a special snowflake tradition, maybe. Idk. He’s really touchy about people editing his stuff.

For literally any other animation, feel free to edit and release it. Make sure to credit the original artist(s) and people, point out the original animation you edited, etc. Just do that and you won’t have problems.

It’s portraits where things get way murkier… just assume those are F2U unless labeled F2E. You can also check the thread for artist credits, or check the artist’s page, or message the artist if you’re not sure. Always give credit if you edit someone else’s work. That alone will engender you a lot of goodwill.

Don’t be an Evius. Don’t be a Chrobin. Just give credit when editing/using things, and most people will offer a gentle correction if you err.

You did great! Thanks for the submission and welcome to the community.

4 Likes

Epic, I love it!
Now we need some map anims.

I think there already is one.

Vision quest could use that!

You can answer someone’s question without trying to mock someone who’s work is consistently stolen and reposted without their knowledge or permission, this is the second instance I’ve seen of this. Do better.

13 Likes

I’d like to ask, the class cards for Nephilim and Harrier are F2U, right? Did anyone ever make one for Deva?

This is so good. I love that Fighters can start with bows and axes now before promoting. Lots of open-endedness for project creators.

I’ve noticed a lot more people adding magic axes. Glad to see this.

Done!

It took you two months, but you finally got me back. Nice! :+1:

2 Likes

Say, Klok, why didn’t Shin given you a permission to modify the site since it’s you who’s running the entire repo stuff?

Thanks!

1 Like

He hosts it on his pc or sth, I think. I’m not a web developer so even if he gave me permission I wouldn’t know what to do.

I thought it was made using some kind of web devtool anyone can use. But it seems we’re bound to have it as is.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

3 Likes

He doubles as a dancer.

1 Like

Aww, cute!

1 Like