[Complete] [FE8] Scarlet Rising

STAFF EDIT: The creator of this project has been permanently suspended from FEU.

Original OP

Hacktown. By day, an unsuspecting town known for its mining operations and peaceful atmosphere. By night, one of the most dangerous towns on the continent, where adventurers and outlaws alike indulge in the thrill of high-stake duels.
One day, a famous rescue team receives a vague and ominous letter alerting them to a crisis in the town, and they set out to investigate…

Introducing Scarlet Rising!

Throwback to late March. I was quite literally days away from packaging up the THHG’s assets, ready to release them out into the forum as a sort of send-off from the hobby… Then life suddenly said no and had other plans. As strange as it sounds, one night I dreamt about a Wild West-themed hack, something reminiscent of the Western Isles but with my stuff, a bit more style, bit most importantly… GUNS.

(Some might say I’m too obsessed with western stuff)

I tried to forget about it, but I just couldn’t shake the feeling that it could be made. If it wasn’t for a conveniently-timed contest deadline, the wonderful @Pandan giving me some much-needed encouragement, and @Pwntagonist giving me the metaphorical wake-up call I needed… this probably would’ve just stayed a dream.

The usual suspects @Glacoe and @anon36681512 are back in full-swing working their magic to bring my creation to life, whilst a few House newcomers like @anon64156711, @Agatha_gengar, @feels and @anon686116 chipped in to add their much-welcomed flair.

I could drone on about the hack and its features for ages, but I think I’ve already hogged too much of the stage. Well, what are you waiting for? Dive into the action-packed, gun-slinging saga of Scarlet Rising!

As wise uncle Kojima says, Rart Emblem is back baby!

DOWNLOAD

SR V1 Download

SCARLET RISING V1.1 <—

37 Likes

This is… Tom’s House Requiem.

7 Likes

Beautiful. Absolute perfection.

5 Likes

“Hey ma, look! It’s me! I’m on the cover!”

4 Likes

It has wonderful music, a man with a gun, THE Johnny Tamborino and a yugioh 5ds reference. 10/10 would recommend everyone to play

5 Likes

if only i could’ve fit Kizuna Bonds in there somewhere… :wink:

4 Likes

“For his neutral special, he wields a GUN.”

7 Likes

Is Roy in this hack

IS LOT IN THIS HACK

8 Likes

Asking for Lot in an FE hack? Looks like I’ve found a man of culture.

3 Likes

you might just be onto something… :wink:

3 Likes

Btw, just wondering about how long this hack is, in chapter numbers. I’m interested, but I’ve got a long list of rom hacks in my backlog. Something relatively short or quick would probably take near the top of my list, though.

2 Likes

It’s 1 chapter.

1 Like

technically 1 chapter but with 4 different endings (which is something i forgot to advertise in the main post oops)

3 Likes

I couldn’t sleep so I scrolled through twitter and saw the promotional art then rushed to the site.

Bro

The battle screen, the stat screen, the everything

mind blowing

multiply that mind blowing by times 3 due to being fueled by caffeine and being awake for nearly 24 hours. I can’t wait to play this when I’m free from school work

3 Likes

aw pret you’re too kind, glad your priorities are straight :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Oh, that’s really cool! I’ll probably play this soon, then. I’ve always been interested in 1 or few chapter projects, lets me play more Fire Emblem without commiting 20 something hours to it.

2 Likes

Praise Lot

3 Likes

Finally. Cowboy Emblem.

4 Likes

Yee…
and I cannot stress this enough…
Haw

7 Likes

This looks real cool, @anon30371999. Great idea, I love all things Western themed. What is the “Time” function? I’m interested to know about that

2 Likes