[COMPLETE][FE8][Completed, 26 Chapters and a Mini Route Split] Touhou Emblem ~ Not The Reskin!

Can you give a character recruit guide?

There’s already one in the download link.

1 Like

HELLO I HAVE COME TO HERALD WHAT HAS COME TO PASS

So first off: What’s up? It’s been awhile (a month), so I decided to give an update:

I’ve been playing SMT Nocturne:

Very serious and dark game trust me

Ah, right, but that’s not what I’m here to inform you of!

I’m here to inform you that Touhou Emblem Redux has been canceled!

Now you all may be curious as to why I would do such a thing…

The answer is simple, I’m tired of hacking, burnout was too much and I don’t have fun with it anymore, like at all. I tried picking it up again after my little hiatus and I just wasn’t vibin’, so I decided to permanently quit.

This means that all my projects (except for Grug 2 which was done months ago but just needed player palettes to be completed) are canceled permanently/for the time being because I lack the willpower needed to complete them and I’d rather not leave everyone here who was patiently waiting for something to come out to have to guess whether or not the project is dead.

In terms of Redux progress, I got to chapter 19 or something it’s been awhile, but I made pretty sizable progress I’d say.

I also feel pretty guilty leaving this project to die like that, so I’m gonna do this instead:

Project’s now free for anybody to pick up and complete if they feel like it. You’re all free to take it in any direction you please. I figured that’d be the most satisfying conclusion I could give rather than just letting an unfinished product sit on my computer, wasting away. (I bear no responsibility for anything created by people who choose to modify this incomplete patch.)

I’ll post the redux patch in a bit after I’ve compiled all the new credits I must give.

I’d like to thank everybody who took the time to play Touhou Emblem, give me constructive feedback, and even find/make some assets for me to use in the project. Everyone’s contributions were highly appreciated and made my day. (I feel like I’ve said all this sappy shit before)

Well, I think that’s pretty much all I wanted to say. I have a Gen 7 Living Dex to complete. See y’all around or something like that.

Here it is, the Incomplete Redux Patch with updated credits. It also has an incomplete map for Chapter 19 that uses the Lava Caves tileset from SS vanilla. I hope you have fun with it. Oh, and some of the villages and bosses in earlier chapters lack proper convos.
I’ll refrain from adding a changelog since I’ve literally rebuilt the entire game, but here’s a few changed recruitments and misc notes:
Medicine: Step on the bottommost fort in Chapter 3.
Flandre: Now a swordmaster (I intended for her to get Laevateinn later in the game, but never got to it. Remilia was also supposed to get Gungnir. Take that as you will.)
Mamizou: Step on the diamond shaped patch of path at the bottom of Chapter 8’s map with Murasa.
Akyuu: No longer a dancer, joins as a convoy staffbot unit at the start of Chapter 18. Will leave if Yuuka is recruited.
Yuuka: HAS A PRF

Legendary Weapons:
The pre-split legendary weapons are unchanged for the most part. I have no idea what to do with legendaries that are past the point where I stopped working so make of that what you will.

6 Likes

You should get Daisoujou, he’s a really good demon. I brought him to the final boss

1 Like

In due time

With the project suspended indefinitely, I’ve uploaded the mugsshots I had finished to this post. If anyone does pick this up in the future, definitely let me know…

2 Likes

I’m the guy who made this hack and I approve this message

1 Like

This hack goes hard. My favorite part was when Yukari was like, “I’m real.” Anyways, I like this hack. It’s funny and it’s touhou so it’s automatically good :smiley:

2 Likes

I agree 100% 0 bias

1 Like

:me, a fan of Rumia: “Oh boy, a Touhou Romhack for Fire emblem, I wonder if Rumia is recruitable in it.”
:recruitable only on the last stage: “Well crap.”

unfortunate that its no longer being worked on, but I appreciate any touhou hack that allows Rumia playable, time to play the entire game just to recruit her.

Also I was not expecting to hear PVZ2 music in pick the units screen. very based.

2 Likes

Rumia being recruitable in the final stage wasn’t something I planned on

but I decided to add it in for the sake of comedic purposes

I left the hack for a while, and wow, it’s still going on. Congrats on some of the new designs.

Thank you. I’m currently working on another version of the hack

oh wait i forgot to announce that to everyone that i’m doing that but that’s everyone’s announcement lol

It’s not gonna be done for awhile because I have a lot more on my plate atm (honkai star rail)

8 Likes

new tofu hack hype? count me in~

WHAT IS UP EVERYONE IT’S YA BOI, HONKAI STAR RAIL ADDICT HERE

back at it again with another update

So obviously the most important thing is that i sunk 140 rolls into kafka and only got E1 Bronya

so now i’m crying and saving for Dan2 as i’m sitting at 68 pity with a guarantee

Next is that i’m currently working on something else atm that isn’t touhou emblem

shocker, I know

It’s a private hack for a server i’m in and that’s taking up a lot of my time, but I just wanted to give everyone the false hope that i’ll get back to the 2huemb grind one day.

Well I mostly just wanted to discuss what I wanted out of a new 2hu emb version

-The most obvious is probably an updated tileset and new maps as you’ve seen by the redux beta.
-I would be starting with a fresh rom, which means that the funny ass growth items would not be available since the growth items were only possible with some weird wizardry I even can’t replicate myself.
-I wanted to make the game even more gameplay focused because 2hu emb at the end of the day is more like my personal sandbox for gameplay that I slapped 2hu on so all you fools would play it, because apparently marketing and brand recognition works (jk i love you all). It’d probably be a harder game, but at the same time i’d probably also introduce a baby casual mode for the peeps who don’t wanna deal with my shenanigans, as a fair trade off. Also there’d be 100% 10x more ways to cheese because I enjoy that type of shit.
-More characters? It might be possible if I can get the right patches to work, but no promises!
-I might actually take the story seriously this time who knows

But yeah that’s just what I was thinking in my head don’t think i’m gonna drop what i’m doing and start on touhou emblem for the next few months unless @Tezuka_Yamigami over here holds me at gunpoint

5 Likes

Well, wouldn’t you look at that.

Another deal with the devil it is.

2 Likes

i can’t believe i’m placing my bets on a contest i want you to win

LETS GO!!!

2 Likes

He didn’t win the contest.

But he did win another one so now i’m legally obligated to work on a Redux and complete it

I’m also making Tezzie learn ASM so we might be able to get something cooler going up on redux

in the meanwhile here’s the absolute state of the Touhou Emblem meta for those of you who aren’t in the discord

8 Likes

That’s gotta be pretty chaotic, but good luck on the future work!