This is technically an SRPG Studio game and not a hack, but I’m not sure what else to categorize this as.
Anyway, for some time I had this Written Works project on Serenes Forest called Fire Emblem: Ascension where I was presenting an original story of mine as a hypothetical fangame, including the mechanics I wanted to appear in it since I found learning how to hack intimidating.
And then SRPG Studio came out in English, and everything changed. I was amazed at the sheer potential it had as an easy-to-learn fangame making tool and knew at that very moment it was what I was looking for all this time.
Single RNG (this is what SRPG Studio’s engine uses)
The Weapon Triangle (Swords, Lances, Axes), which grants Accuracy ±15
The Trinity of Magic (Light, Anima, Dark), which grants Attack ±3 and Accuracy ±15
Bows (all of which are 2-3-Range) and Fates-style Daggers, which are triangle-independent
Bonus EXP (like in Radiant Dawn)
C-S Rank Supports, but no Child Units, so don’t worry about pairing everyone off; Support building is also purely deployment-based
AS = Spd - Wt (you need 5 more AS than your opponent for follow-up attacks)
A route split
- Improved presentation (halfbody portrait system, new music, new class and map graphics depending on how MarkyJoe’s community asset project comes along)
- Limited mid-chapter saving
- Additional difficulty settings (if demand is high enough)
Spreadsheets (all subject to change):
So for now, have some screenshots:
- Units’ Staff ranges are visible if they’re hovered over, but aren’t taken into account for enemies when highlighting enemy ranges
- Enemies may behave erratically after being refreshed by Dancers
- Weapon Rank increase messages may display at the wrong time if battles are skipped
- Weapon/item merging may not work properly when using a keyboard or gamepad
- When reloading save files in battle, highlighted enemy ranges do not reset immediately; clicking on an enemy again will reset the highlights
- (9/26/2018): The project name has been changed to make it less likely to be DMCA’d.
- (10/15/2018): Spreadsheets of game info now available.
- (10/24/2018): Link to project’s Serenes Forest thread added.
- (10/30/2018): v1.0 publicly released.
- (11/1/2018): v1.0.1 publicly released.
- (11/3/2018): v1.0.2 publicly released.
- (12/22/2018): v1.1 publicly released.
- (1/20/2019): v2.0 publicly released, link to project’s Discord server added.
- (5/21/2019): v2.1 publicly released. Screenshots updated.
- (5/27/2019): v2.1.1 publicly released.
- (11/15/2019): v3.0 publicly released, link to feedback survey added.
- (7/2/2020): v3.1 publicly released, link to feedback survey replaced with link to character popularity poll.
- (7/5/2020): v3.1.1 publicly released.
- (2/16/2021): v4.0 publicly released.
- (2/20/2021): New “Planned additions” section added.
- (3/30/2021): v4.0.1 publicly released.
- (2/25/2022): v4.1 publicly released.