(15+) Sanctaea Chronicles (SRPG Studio, Fully Playable)

More new portraits, this time for the playable Lancers:

Portrait updates in the forseeable future will consist of a pair of generic class portraits and the playable characters who start in that class. In this case, the characters to appear in the next update will be the generic Fighters, Elma, and Troy (a pre-promoted Hero who is first seen as a Fighter).
Let me know if these portraits are too big and I’ll post the shrunk versions next time.

7 Likes

Chester? More like… CHADster…

The Fighters’ portraits are done:

This will probably be the last of the completed portraits for now. FuranSuwa has a work thing to go to in May, leaving him unable to finish any portraits (though he should still be able to do rough concept art and lineart).

If you still want to see the WIP art during May, I recommend you join the Discord server, because I’m not going to post that here. In the meantime, I will continue working on implementing the new Support chains and making other important improvements to v2.1. Apparently the Thieves that steal treasure and ransack Houses/Villages have been very difficult for players to deal with.

7 Likes

I never really looked into SRPG Studio before, but I recall hearing it’s pretty flexible. This looks fantastic, and these portraits/halfbodies are stunning - I’m looking forward to seeing more!

It is very flexible, though you do have to do a bit more from the ground up in terms of class, unit, and weapon balancing. It’s $60 on Steam, but I think it’s better to go ahead and buy it now than to keep waiting an eternity for FEXNA to come out with all the features it needs. At least SRPG Studio goes on sale sometimes, though I don’t know when.

1 Like

Well, it’s on sale right now for $30 :slight_smile:

I applaud you for going the legitimate route and actually paying for it, for one. I’m also interested in seeing what you can do with it.

1 Like

Hey, gang! v2.1 is now available for you all to play! No new chapters, but existing ones have received updates, including some rewrites.

Chapters 6 and 10 in particular play much differently now. Tell me what you think about them!

(The Bonus EXP rewards for Chapter 10 may or may not work. If they do work, they’re not displaying properly. I need to investigate the matter further at some point.)

I’ve found a bug with Hyde’s dialogue in Chapter 2 that resulted from me changing all of its enemies from Event enemies to normal enemies.

I’l release v2.1.1 later, which should correct that bug and a couple of other minor ones.

v2.1.1 has been released! It fixes a few minor bugs found in v2.1, namely Hyde using Claudius’s portrait during dialogue, Chester’s portrait disappearing and his description reverting to its old one, and Bonus EXP not being awarded in Chapter 10 when you arm prisoners.

Your v2.1 save files should be compatible with it.

1 Like

I haven’t played it, but I just want to know if you make your own animations for any of the classes, cause IIRC, SRPG studio doesn’t have that many animations.
Do you recycle certain animations, or do you make your own?

Most of the custom animations this game uses were made by other (mainly Japanese) users. They are credited at the end. Some of them I had to edit myself, such as JAPANWeb’s Armor map sprites, which needed to have Swords and Axes in addition to Lances. Carol’s sprites were made by かしこま☆ and originally had pigtails and a green player palette.

Where did you find these?

Thank you very much :ok_hand:

Furan’s back with a vengeance with Damien’s art!

He was originally a Transporter, but is now a Fighter.

Next up should be the generic Archers and Bertus.

4 Likes

The Archer characters are here!

Next are the Thieves.

In other news, work on the v3 chapters is well underway. I should be starting Chapter 18 soon, which includes implementing Margaret and Tito as playable characters.

5 Likes

Here come the dreaded Thieves!

(Note: Josie’s class here should be given as Rogue (Thief), as she is first seen as a Thief, but is recruited as a pre-promoted Rogue.)

All of the v3 chapters are done and I’m now working on Supports for this new version of the game. This includes making them all viewable through the new Support Log feature.

I’m also going to be submitting this game to FEE3 again. Now that I have a better idea of what to expect, I’ve specified that whoever plays it (ideally Mangs or Mekkah) should show off Chapter 16, including the Base.

8 Likes

Rael looks like Cyril from 3H.

Probably a coincidence as I designed him before we even knew anything about Three Houses.

Actually, I think he was inspired by Disney’s Aladdin (likewise, Fatima looks sort of like Jasmine).

(Some of this background info is out of date. Fatima, for example, is no longer a close friend of Hera’s.)

2 Likes