Zoramine's Bucket Of Many Random Things

I am no longer giving gentle pushes for you to use my animations. This is now an active threat. You have 3 seconds. Start running.

Male Berserker Map Sprites (Fang, Sword, Lance, Axe)

Fang_000
Sword_000 (7)
Lance_000 (18)
Axe_000

Female Berserker Map Sprites (Fang, Sword, Lance, Axe)

Fang_000 (1)
Standing (1) (1) (1)
Lance_000 (19)
Axe_000 (1)

Brigand Rider (M/M Armored/F) Animations (Sword)

Sword
Sword
Sword

Brigand Rider (M/M Armored/F) Map Animations (Sword)

Standing (6)Moving (2) (2)
StandingMoving
Standing (6)Moving

Base Male Brigand (Sword) Battle & Map Sprites

Sword
image - 2022-08-23T043118.184image - 2022-08-23T223607.041

Female Hound Rider class cards

Hound Rider (M)-1.png (1)Cerberus Rider (M)-1.png (1)

Among other miscellaneous stuff:

• The Brigand’s map sprites were twitchy (frames after _000 were offset by 1 or 2 px), and I’ve since fixed all of them. That was not a time consuming process, nope, not at all!
  • Berserker Map Sprites no longer clip into the tile above them. 99% sure on that.
  • Everything was tested in-game! You’d think I’d test more than just battle animations, but no, I’m stupid enough to think it’ll all work fine (it worked fine.)

and most importantly:

THE MAIN POST WILL HOPEFULLY BE CLEANED UP SOON!

It only took me 3 years to realize it, but hey, maybe I should clean things up. It’s a pain to have to go find the sources again for all of my battle animations, since I never kept them written down except for the most recent stuff, but if nothing else, the mapping dump section is now tidily in one folder.

Each of the folders with collections of my stuff will have a credits and notes document listing the… expansive list of credits. However, they’ll usually be generalizations with exceptions to specific people who they were based on/gave siginficant help, and more importantly, each battle animation will actually have a credits document that records, to the best of my awful memory, who created what and what inspired each animation. Will this take several days? Probably. I can barely remember what I ate for dinner last night (Panda Express, thats a lie), let alone whose sprite I got inspiration from or directly referenced for a 2019 animation.

(also, the old Hound Riders folder no longer works, as I fixed too many things to warrant just putting them in the old folders.)

14 Likes

well see you in nine hours

everything’s credited now but jfc (you can drop ~870 files, because thats just hound rider. really puts into context how much i’ve done for that.)

9 Likes

Ok, few things:

First, FEU is bugged for me and keeps insisting that this thread hasn’t been responded to in 3 years and I shouldn’t bump it, which is fucking hilarious to me.

Second, the first post has now been updated! Everything in my Bucket that isn’t my maps is now in the ‘Battle Sprite/Map Sprite/Class Card Dump Link’ section up top. Tilesets are now hidden in a details thing so you can view everything reasoanbly, as are the portraits.

…and lastly, EVERYTHING HAS CREDITS! Lots of my old battle animation folders on Dropbox didn’t have a proper credits file within it, and since I tolerate Klok’s decisions extremely rarely, I now include them within the folder on top of my FEU posts. Because I’m me and insist on crediting everyone who helped or whose resources I pulled from for each animation, the credits documents can get a bit lengthy, especially with complicated animations that pull from too many sources, but I’d rather list everyone than not. There’s also a few animations where I ask for no credit whatsoever given to me, namely scripting Obs’s animations, and if you still credit me, fine. I’m content with you not doing so, though.

10 Likes

Spurred on by absolutely nothing at all, I want to mention that while I do make as much of my shit F2U F2E as possible, explicitly state what parts are not either of those, and try my best not to deviate from that, also please understand that when I want something gone, there’s both probably a good reason for it and to not ask me for it.

I like my stuff, but not my old old stuff, and I’m in the middle of phasing out most of my oldest links to things that I just find atrocious. If something’s far, far back in this thread or in the old animations thread, and the link’s broken, now you know why. Hopefully there won’t be many cases of that.

And don’t rehost my stuff anywhere. If it’s gone, it’s gone. If you already have it, or it’s in your project, fine. If I made it, you have it, and it was in the past available for download, there’s no need for you to delete it from your project.

Thanks!

miko-elite-miko

Also, judging by the thing that absolutely didn’t happen earlier, most of my animations will now probably remain on this thread and not go anywhere else, in the event that I need/want to delete them. It’ll always be in the top post of this thread.

8 Likes

Fun fact: I have COVID, so that’s fun. Had a lot of time recently to myself to do fun things, hence why I’m able to post this animation relatively quickly after starting this animation. We’re doing fine in the Fae household, just… wish the rest of my house was as conscious about health as me.

Decided to revisit the Bushidozerker - an animation that I don’t know exactly when it was posted, who posted it (in spite of the credits listing names), or where it was posted, but it was in the repo, so I went ahead and took creative liberties to fix it.

SwordSword

UnarmedUnarmed

(Left old, right new.)

Among the list of changes includes:

• A proper battle still with the sword sheathed,
  • A better preparation for the swing which draws the sword, has a more smooth preparation for the forward swing, and an edited final swing blur to match the shape of the katana,
  • Better SFX to match the strength of the swings (the old version used weak sword swing sfx on the attacks, but a strong one on the wind up)
  • A completely redone critical to more closely match the Swordmaster’s which the original seemed to try imitating,
  • A ranged attach that properly uses the sword,
  • And a dodge! (but it’s the hawkzerker dodge, so is it really a dodge?)

And as a reminder, do not rehost my materials. If you make your own edits to it, that’s fine.

26 Likes

i know ya ain’t much for sentiments but hope you get well soon fae

3 Likes

Are you doing a class card for Bushidozerker yet or should I make one?
Probably just gonna modify the sword big guy thing I did already

1 Like

Feel free. I don’t feel like doing a class card or map sprite for this one.

2 Likes

image-2.png - 2022-09-19T183149.335 (1)-1.png

Two random semi-splices. They have frames and stuff, and I’ll probably release a few later that I’ve been working on for fun to refresh my memory.

11 Likes

image-2.png - 2022-09-21T203432.030-1.png (1)

Another (although I really didn’t need to make it a halfbody.)

12 Likes

College and ~1,100 dollars worth of fees came up that I barely had the money for haha that sucks

either way, with that travesty (somewhat) behind me, I don’t have time for the next several days, probably 2 weeks, to do much art as I catch up on everything I’ve missed, so here.

Portrait 1 Portrait 2
Portrait 3 Test 5 (Villager Face)-7.png

Test 5 (Villager Face)-8.png

4 portraits and a halfbody, all F2U F2E.All are splices using the portrait generator as a base.

…can you tell which one I had the most fun with?

21 Likes

image - 2022-10-05T022803.961-1.png (2)-1.png (1)
here’s this too i guess. Not really happy with the sleeves but I think it’s good enough. (Plus, there really isn’t anyone soulsearching for F2U halbodies, and the regular portrait scale is perfectly fine.) Absolutely nightmarish process making this one.

image-9.png (19) (1)
Regular portrait size comparison - he’s got some actual height to him now! Gauntlets with heavy inspiration from a set on a sprite in Pretsel’s large image references.

image - 2022-10-05T022803.961-1.png (2)-1.png (2)

image-1.png - 2022-10-05T025909.071

19 Likes

image-6.png (42)
rick’n.

Oh I should mention: this IS F2U F2E, but it’s got significantly more colors than any insertable sprite should have, so you probably can’t insert it as-is.

15 Likes

An edit to Plant Academy’s actually good animation of the old demo Eirika’s animation and a backflip. Here, I removed the backflip on the standard attack, and instead gave it a ‘normal’ step back with more frames than the 2 on vanilla. (And yes, I’m doing the MP4 recordings for him. They take all of 5 seconds.)

Keep an eye out for the Repo thread for if/when Struedel does modifications to it. I’m leaving my version here.

SwordSword

Credits document is attached within the folder, but for sake of including it here:
Plant Academy did most of the work on recreating the Demo Eirika animation.
ObsidianDaddy/Feier helped him with touch ups to the sprite.
Struedelmuffin scripted the original animation (and hinted someone should do the step back)
I (Zoramine Fae) made the new regular step back and scripted this new version.

[LINK HAS BEEN UPDATED - POST IS BELOW]

15 Likes

So i uh forgot to include 3 frames in the animation oops

Thanks wan for catching that the startup was fucky. That’s what I get for working halfheartedly on something lmao

Sword
It’s nothing spectacular, but its way better than base Eirika.

14 Likes

I see no reason not to post it here, considering I’ve now posted it to everywhere else, so…

image-8.png (48) (1)

Redid my Beruka halfbody from two years ago, by learning from everything Busk and Obsidian do, as well as taking ideas from Plant’s fullbodies.

…also, the fullbody version.

These new versions are, for the people in the back, NOT FREE TO USE OR EDIT.

26 Likes

She’s short.

Great work, Zora.

image-6.png (52)

Rework of an older sprite, a splice I made of a friend’s OC. Old version was frankly dogshit, and I spent all of today fixing it into a not terrible halfbody. Is it still not good? Yeah, its one of my works. But did Chalk like it? Also yeah

Not F2U F2E as it’s a friend’s OC. That should be a given. If I catch any of you using this, you’re done for.

Twitter link

14 Likes

la000_01 (14)

An animated twitch.tv/milpy, not done at request, he’s just really cool. Done in the style of Persona 4 Arena’s sprites. Animation isn’t great, but it was easy enough to try and imitate the idle poses P4A uses.

Twitter

24 Likes

Cool anim. Haven’t lost your touch one bit, Zora.

1 Like