Zoramine's Bucket Of Many Random Things

Remade Village of Silence (1)

It begins.

23 Likes

I can only aspire to have such sexy mountains.

I dub thee: Palette God.

1 Like

In the vein of totally not the next giant project I’m working on, I’ve got two questions to pose to the FEU audience and others that I really need answered within a week.

…and I will probably do another map anim as voted on soon, winged thief is one of my oldie favorites and I hope someone else is willing to make it less bad someday might wind up being me

Chapter 11A sucks. When ramping up difficulty L’archael can just kinda die if you aren’t careful and the map aesthetically is a fucking nightmare. When reworking it, I wound up having to scrap part of the tower to make room for reasonable-sized stairs when it all can just be circumnavigated by creating an entirely new map. This goes antithetical to the totally not project of redoing aesthetics and some gameplay for FE8 maps, as it’d require a lot more concentrated effort to change the enemy placement, but itd give me peace of mind.

So, poll.

• Keep the map a 1-for-1 with only edited graphics for a slight facelift
  • Save the current (slightly edited gameplay-wise) version as the sole release
  • Create a new map that works entirely differently, but include the current (mostly unedited) version as well

0 voters

Similar is this absolute trainwreck which is next to unsalvageable. I made an admittedly horrendous remake in my Fields and I still hate that version, so its probably more efficient for sanity and for graphics’ sake to create an entirely new map. But I also know that this one is memorably bad, so changing that would just be wrong.

So, another poll.

• Use only the modified version that is just a visual overhaul
  • Create a new map that still keeps to the clustered feel
  • Create a map that isn’t a slog to get through/might be larger but less terrain impeding progress on a main/split route

0 voters

^Both of the create new map versions would also include the visual overhaul version.

6 Likes

I honestly have no real love for either of these maps so go ham with however much you wanna change imo.

3 Likes

Same.

2 Likes

Aight cool. Closed both the polls as more than enough time has passed.

For 11A, I’ve already got an alternative map in the works (literally went into ms paint to draft something lmao) and will be including my slight graphics update alongside it, letting people who just want the better looking one to have their own.

As for Darkling Woods, I’ll be working on a map that’s larger in scale but still has a ton of clusters of trees on the fringes. It probably won’t be to that scale, but Cog of Destinies is a good idea for where I’m going with this. Just… more tree dense. Among other things.

Hey. Not to disappoint, but I’m done.

Kinda like Busk, I’ve seen enough and have grown incredibly tired of FEU, and Fire Emblem/its community in general. I produced so much that I just ran out of ideas, and when moving to non-mapping stuff I just got… nothing. I’ve just become so frustrated over nothing that focusing on my other hobbies, or spriting without considering FEU, is for the best.

I’m gonna keep producing stuff, but I’m doing so privately from this point onwards. My tilesets will likely not receive any more updates unless I genuinely feel like doing stuff. My portraits will also be (mostly) wiped from my thread to protect them, as none were F2U F2E in the first place. Please do not repost those, and all except the ones explicitly stated F2U will remain not.

If you’re using any of my materials like portraits or custom tileset edits, you’re still allowed to use 'em. I made them for you in the first place.

And, uh, as a slight apology, any projects I’ve been working on up to this point will probably not get completed. I’ve gotten the maps done for FE8’s remaking with my own tilesets I’ll post when that’s finished processing, because that’s already done, but not much else.

…yeah.

29 Likes

Happy trails to you. Hope things turn out for the better, wherever you go.

We’ll miss you Zora, take care my friend.

2 Likes

Goodbye Zoramine… I’ve looked up to you ever since I joined
this community and saw all your epic maps(and Spearserker).

Sad to see you go. Best of luck to you and stay safe, chief.

1 Like

You’ve always been a huge help to users in #cartography and produced such high quality stuff. It’s always nice to chat with you, so I hope you’ll stop by on occasion and not just ghost us entirely, haha. Take your space as you need, and don’t feel any pressure from us. It’d just be nice if you can say hi once in a while :slightly_smiling_face:

The community is what you make it. You can be as active as you like, whether that’s as a regular or hardly ever on. I think WAve stops by only occasionally, for example, but it’s really nice that he stays in touch.

I wish you all the best with your other endeavours.

8 Likes

Thanks for all of your contributions + sharing with everyone so openly. Best of luck in whatever comes next. I’m sure you’ll do great. Take care. :v:

6 Likes

…I made a promise to finish things. It’d be wrong of me not to do so.

Well, a few months later than I’d hope, but…

Before you scroll down, a prelude.

This probably won’t be the ‘last’ thing I post here, but I’ve been waiting literally months for Wasspix to give the go-ahead to post the two halfbodies I made for his project to dump all this off, and be done with it. I’ve never been happier with myself than the progress I’ve made while away from FEU, and I feel so much less stressed with portraiting.

Screenshot (477)-15.png (1)-2.png (1)-1.png
…otherwise I wouldn’t be doing stuff like this, would I?
It shouldn’t need said but this isn’t f2u or f2e, don’t test me.

So no, this won’t be another ‘oh I’m leaving but I’ll come back here in spite of that,’ this is more of a ‘heres all the shit I got done/should have done earlier and just never wanted to.’ I’ll come back when I feel like it, which might not be for another helluva long time.

It’s a big hoo-rah to the community that kept me occupied during the several months of me starting college, and it’d just be wrong of me to sit on all this stuff and not do anything with it.

First, I’ve got a collection of free to use, free to edit. I have no need for these anymore.

Al Allison Bedivere Beruka Caligula
Charlotte Fargus Lily Lin Lomenaro
Phoenica Shanna Splice Sprite15 Unnamed Generic F Unnamed Generic M
Mori Nagayoshi Insertable Soldier Soldier Non-Helmet

For crediting,
thanks to Wan for assistance with lots of the colors and motivation, along with comments on the sun hat I drew and repaletting the Bedivere sprite to include his green eyes;
Levin for their assistance with Charlotte (Green haired soldier);
Multiple members of FEU who I’ve forgotten with time with Lily (2nd row, middle), Beruka, and Dave (Dorcas splice);
Many members in the Shishiro Botan discord for comments on Mori Nagayoshi;
and members of my D&D group who were willing to let me use their characters as bases to create some old splices from.

Mori Nagayoshi Uninsertable
Also, a copy of Mori Nagayoshi which is uninsertable (over 20 colors.)

Because my love for comparative images has never faded, a comparison between a very failed old project of mine and what I turned the characters into both over time and over countless revisions.

Several commissions/requests/things I’ve done for others (not F2U F2E)
Zoramine Fullbody (Hoodie)-8.png-8.png (2)-2.png (2)-2.png
Mabel, created for twitter user @/Marbelsodas

image-1.png - 2021-03-26T185357.554-1.png-2.png (1)-3.png-1.png (4)-3.png (3)-4.png (11)-1.png-1.png image-1.png - 2021-03-26T185357.554-1.png-19.png-2.png (1)-1.png (1)-1.png (1)-1.png (1)
Grant and Helga, made for Wasspix for his project Stargazers release still pending; I had no reason to make halfbodies at the time, especially considering I wasn’t then and still am not confident in my ability to make them, but I did. Grant was a visual overhaul, Helga was a complete redesign for him. He seemed happy with both.
output-1.png (29) (2) (1)

Bowzerker Standing Map-1.png (1)-2.png-3.png (1)-3.png-3.png (1)

Bowzerker Standing Map-1.png (1)-2.png-3.png (1)-3.png-3.png-1.png (1)-1.png-1.png (2)

LANCE BERSERER FINAL

Bowzerker Lance FHawkzerker

A return to the longest-running joke amogst me, me, and me is my love of the Berserker class. I intended to continue this trend.

Included in this pack is every single variant of Hawkzerker map animation you could ever want, including:

• an updated Female Axe map animation as the original was a bit broken on one of the selected movements
  • Female Hawkzerker with Lances, Swords, and Bows
  • Dartzerker with Swords (as it already exists in the repo)
  • Hawkzerker with Swords (as it already exists in the repo)

…along with two female Hawkzerker animations that didn’t exist yet, the Bow and Lance variants.

This one’s for you, Klok, who asked about this so long ago. Your wish has been complete.

And finally, the project that really made me want to go back and actually dump this all off… The FE8 Map Rework, which I completed and never posted as I was too frustrated back then.

Chapter 10A Chapter 13B

Included is a rework of all of the main series of maps in FE8, with minimal gameplay changes focused more so on making the aesthetics as… ‘in’ with my tilesets as possible. Certain maps, such as Lava Cave or Castle, remain unmodified as there wasn’t much that my tinkering could have done back at the start of 2021. I doubt anyone will actually care about this project anymore, but it’s still worth my time to post it.

Thanks. For it all.

40 Likes

We will honored your hard work and your great service to the FEUniverse. Hope that your future will be a good one and we will make good use from your sprites and your love for the Berserker Animation.

1 Like

Thanks for all your great stuff. Hope to see you again sometime. Always enjoyed your stuff, and always thought you seemed cool.

1 Like

well, hello there. now i understand why she’s been put in the assets category.

no way, there’s someone else beside me that has done sprites about Fate/stay night?
this was a nice surprise indeed, good to know i’m not the only one around here :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Portrait Editor Fire Emblem - the Sacred Stones # GBA (1).GBA_97@61 Isa_01366CC8-3.png (5)

Portrait of an (old) OC of mine, Isa. She predates virtually every character I’ve done, outside of Zoramine. They both come from the same story.

Not F2U or F2E.

27 Likes

I really like them wings, very very nice

1 Like

image-12.png (14)

Nanashi Mumei. Not F2U or F2E.

image-1.png - 2021-11-29T191740.458-2.png (5)-2.png-2.png image
image image-1.png - 2021-11-29T233530.183-5.png

Four of a set of 15 (for now) splices done for a friend, who’s working on a FE-inspired story. He’s a writer, not an artist, so he sends me jank as hell generated portraits, and I’m given virtually free reign to modify them to my heart’s content until he and I are content with the results.

None are F2U F2E unless he says so, and he’s not a FEU member, so don’t expect them to.

For example, here was the evolution of Jonathan into something he’s content with. From generated splice, to recolor with limited edits (which was completed several months ago), to current spriteh e’s happy with.

13 Likes