Zoramine's Bucket Of Many Random Things

Arena%208
A very nice Arena map from my updated Stronghold tileset which this totally isn’t a shill for. You can find it by those words which are a different color.
Plus, animation gif!
Arena%204
Unfortunately, about half of the stills during this map’s creation got deleted through annoying means so I cant share all of the map’s development.

12 Likes

Castle of the Water Queen, a flooding map that utilizes time-based triggers to close off paths for a turn.

A Merchant village where my main goal was to use the fun fence wall tiles along with having an Inn very close to sea. More like a Tavern for a D&D campaign.
Merchantile%20Village%208

‘This Was A Bad Idea’, a water map which required several triggers to raise the water, trapping units on either side of the map as they progressed upwards. No Fliers Allowed!

This%20Was%20A%20Bad%20Idea%20Stage%201

And a ‘flashback’ style palette for Fields, which lacks one. Mountains are a bit rosy.

11 Likes

I see a lot of your progress in spritans. It really is amazing and I can’t wait to see more!

3 Likes

Thank you very much.

2 Likes

That “DnD campaign” map reminded me how useful fe maps are in making a makeshift dnd campaign map. Already said how i like your water maps so yeah, keep it up!

1 Like

‘The Yawning Abyss’, an experimental map into testing tall cliffs with voids and cave walls, with a special thanks to RodgeAurablader in the FEU Discord for providing for me some palette differences, special tiles, particularly the bridge over the abyss!

Cavern practice utilizing my Revamped Cave Tileset which is getting an update later today. Lots of twisting holes above water.

Lorelei, a map inspired around a section of the Rhine river called the Lorelei.

…Along with the progress Gif of this map’s creation.

A desert map I created for fun when initially testing sand beaches and the extra tiles I added in my Desert Tileset.

Nekoyama Falls, Inspired by Noel Canyon’s massive waterfall section which is honestly one of the most interesting yet hard to execute map concepts. Probably would be a nice cutscene map, while not the greatest to play.

And a progress gif of this map’s creation, including the various palette ideas I rotated with (including Nickt’s autumn palette into an edit of that and then finally into a warm evening color.

All of these maps will be included in an update to my bucket of maps that’s at the top of the first post for use by the public. All fields tileset maps and cave tileset maps here require use of my fields or cave tileset.

EDIT:
Here’s a cave tileset map that I initially made when testing things out for a friend, which is a bit unfinished but will be finished when its posted for public use.

Here’s a link to my updated Desert tileset, used in all future desert tileset maps including a WIP canyon map for someone in FEU discord.

And here’s a link to my Cave tileset, which will be getting an update tonight as I forgot to update it a few days ago due to life stuff happening.

14 Likes

Damn. As before these just look great and the gif is super satisfying.
If I were a romhacker, would definitely use the public ones. Well, actually not fond of the cavern and the cave as mentioned needs help but I really like the rest.

2 Likes

Autumn
Autumnal/Evening palette. Used in Nekoyama Falls on the final vers!
Desert%20Canyon
Desert Canyon made for someone in FEU who gave me the idea.

8 Likes

A forest maze map. A similar cave map will be uploaded as well sometime soonish.

8 Likes

But seriously, nice. It’s not just good-looking, but seems like it could be very playable. (Although it is really big.)

3 Likes

Thanks, now i want to port that song lmao.

Now on topic, your maps looks awesome Zora, although some palettes could be improved.

2 Likes

Most of my maps are massive, but you can actually cut most of them in half and they can serve a similar purpose (ex. if you cut the bottom half of the forest off you get this:)

Nicer%20Forest%20Map

That’s why I make truly massive maps; they look nice when viewed as a whole, but you can take individual pieces to create entirely different maps that… truly aren’t that different!

3 Likes

Oh dear, Cave and Fire. Dude, do we have any dragon inside the cave?

3 Likes

Shill for Updated Village Tileset. Shill over.

Here’s a source for all of the palettes that you can see in all of my maps above, all of them, including the ones I’m a lot less proud of but still like because I can enjoy bad things.

Here’s a few examples of the many oddities for those who might otherwise hesitate and need the push to click away from this page:

Oh and here’s a teaser for something else I’m working on that’s also included that fits into this same topic.

9 Likes

Is it okay if I put together some custom snow palettes for your Castle/Fields tilesets? I’m probably going to make them free to use with credit.

EDIT: Turns out you already have snow palettes. …Oops. I might mess with the castle one in particular to make it work with fog, though. And I’m not sure if the Fields one works with your revised tileset.

1 Like

Feel free to use whatever is here as you see fit. Make custom palettes if you want - you can post them here and I’ll update my documents and list you under whatever you create.

And to increase the length of this post, here’s all my recent maps that I forgot to put here.

Chapter 1 of a mini project I’m working on behind the scenes.

Two seperate maps based on Miklan’s chapter and the Battle of Eagle and Lion in 3H. Latter is very heavily edited due to the original map being awful.

Castle map with gold and deep blue palette. Utilizes alternate colors on new tiles added in my castle tileset (recent additions, will get updated later) for a nice tiled floor.

Great Wall of China map. Or something like that. Lower gates transport players to the top ones above them, respectively.

Winter-based village map which also works with my Nickt-inspired Village palette. Utilizes waterfalls, fence walls, and several unique things such as the house directly next to an armory.

Fun map with more libaral usage of mountains and the smaller peak tiles with mostly square roads and raspberry-colored mountains. I was eating a raspberry cheesecake cookie while making this palette.

Snow map with heavily mountain and forested regions.

Another village featuring several waterfalls, but cuts back on ships in favor of bridges.

Mountainous pathway leading to several villages with a forested and mountainous shortcut, all culminating in a gate that you need to pass through.

Ignore the house that got cut off.
Marshland palette for the Frontier tileset. Also features a non-marshland version.

15 Likes

Massive map dump #2 except now I have a general bucket for everything not just maps… so this belongs right here. Comes with every map since my arena map in the stronghold tiles, so post 9 and below along with a few extras. Comes with .pngs of each map so they’re easy to tell by, often named for their defining features (Forest Maze, Arena, Standard Frontier Map) or the names I’ve given them (Nekoyama Falls, Castle of the Water Queen, etc).

As with all of my maps, they’re free to use with credit although I’d like to know what they’re being used on before you haphazardly put them into a hack. Especially if it’s something like PMEs, as I’m not a fan of those.

Something something I don’t know how to end posts.

edit: good way to end the post: freshman success homework suc

9 Likes

Your maps have a great aesthetic. Always enjoy looking at your work. Thanks for sharing these with the community!

2 Likes

I love the way the maps look and the palettes on many of them, but if I could offer some slight constructive feedback, you’ve got a lot of missing shading/shadows (especially on indoors maps - right sides of pillars, walls that are to the right of braces and caps or are in nooks, etc.) and tilespam (the grass on the map cutting back on ships for bridges, the blue stone floor tiles, the gold ruin floor tiles in the center, etc.) or incomplete sections (the center road on the Great Wall map) floating around. I know in some instances, especially for shadows, the tileset won’t always provide an option (especially for one-tile sections that need shadowed on the left and need an end line on the right), but having them all just missing feels like it’s detracting from the end result a little bit.

2 Likes

Pillars do not always have shading all along them; in many instances, if the pillars are thin, I use a half tile shadow (See the castle map with Gold and Blue palette). This is because the pillar is not so wide as to impede movement through it. However, the taller pillars that are more thick utilize a full block shadow. Any other map with examples of non shading feel free to point out.

The center road on the Great Wall map has been fixed since I took that image, I just never updated the image because lazy human being.

EDIT: Main post is being edited to include a link to my maps in addition to other things.