Updated Cave Tileset (From FE7)

[EDIT AS OF 9/26/2020]

Hey. Why are you here?

This tileset is garbo, honestly one of the worst things that has existed for GBAFE for a whie, I don’t recommend touching this with a 39 and a half foot pole. Even the Lava tileset can do a convincing cave system better than this pile o’ junk.

If you are desperate to use this tileset, first, get some medical help for your insanity, then please check Post 8 for the current version of this tileset. It’s got the base color, an alternate color, and some better tiles like an improved carpet.

I’m on a rolllllllllllllllllllllll

Comes with more walls for both the cliff faces and actual stone walls, several extra cliff additions (such as floor to cliff transition tiles), more stairs, a shit ton of water tiles (I think I can animate them within a week maybe?), and doors. Oh, and Chests are blue now, but you can still change them back to green.

Fog palettes are immediately functioning, even with the water.

You can also change the palette of the floors/walls back to the original, as the current colors are stealthily stolen from the Desert tileset that I posted about a week ago.

something something water belongs in caves because underground water water cave thing. i can’t make transitions. something.

16 Likes

Turns out Der had a cave tileset that I totally could have just worked off goddamnit.

I’ll be updating this with a few missing pieces that I’ve gotten from a bunch of people!

Have you done the updating yet?

1 Like

EDITORY POST AFTER THE FACT

Please use this updated link! Thanks to Der for sending me their Cave tileset which has animated water and darkness tiles, and RodgeAurablader for giving me their idea to add carpet floors and the bridge tiles!

4 Likes

Well, fuck. Turns out updating to the new version of the tileset broke maps made in the old one, so now I had to redo part of it from scratch.

still a cool tileset though

1 Like

Please use Der’s Cave Water animations. Should that not work I’ll contact them and make sure it works.

I actually updated the tileset anims in this one. Should work now. Might tinker with it some more in the future though

1 Like

Hey look it’s a tileset tHAT SHOULD HAVE REMAINED DEAD

In the span of time since I posted this thread - over a year now, 6 days over - I’ve successfully lost most of my sanity and have become one of the better mappers around.

This tileset is GARBAGE, please never touch this.

However, for those of you who don’t ever listen when people tell you to STOP DOING SOMETHING, I’ve updated the palette of the buildingsto make them warmer and more in-line with the rest of the tileset’s general warm, amber look. If this isn’t to your taste, up the value of green by 1 in Usenti or by 8 in FEbuilder for every color on the stonework. Or, contact me, and I can see what I can do.

I’ve also re-added carpet, or rather un-broke it.

Please never touch this tileset.
Thank you.

…there’s also an alternate, more red palette I made for Wasspix, and two example maps that he’s working with that utilize this tileset I’m using as example.

Updated Base Palette Map
Rustic Brown Map

7 Likes