What 'bad' units do you like using in FE?

is this a meme that’s flying over my head

am I being wooshed

oh god am I the cringe normie

The old data was still there.
This is the strongest dancer.
She equipped with the strongest Mercurius Sword second item.

11 Likes

You may not like it, but this is how peak performance looks like.

It’s a joke yeah
But it’s actually a thing in Awakening.
Just wait til you find the map where you have to rescue three generic villagers, and keep failing that map over and over again.
Then beat it and you get a Generic Villager.

Try to look up Bigkingly’s Awakening vid on his yt channel
I think he has a separate playlist for recruitable casts, with the Generic Villager in it.

That is not a thing, if we’re being serious. The video you’re talking about was an april fools’ day joke that you seem to have been duped by.

1 Like

My favorite bad unit is Marcus. There’s just something captivating about using a purple haired Paladin with no personality to suck up all the EXP in the earlygame. I know it’s a controversial opinion, but once you look past all of Marcus’s terrible failings, he’s really quite a fungi to be around.

1 Like

Oh
Well never mind then.

Here are five units that are pretty bad base wise but are fun to use in reclass runs.

2 Likes

Dolph, Macellan AND Vylan? What difficulty is this cause oh god

2 Likes

I stan Tailtiu because she is iconic for being the first Wrath girl, despite being the last recruitable foot locked mage in FE4.

So many FE5 units are delightful to use, despite having no consistent niche or anything. Hicks, Brighton, Dalsin, Miranda, Shanam… Some of them like Hicks and Brighton don’t really border bad unit territory as someone like Miranda or Shanam does, in fact I think they are underrated for the amount of mounted flexibility they have.

Though my personal favourite is Krishna, from Tearring Saga. She is probably the only F!myrm I feel like training everytime. Her “unusual” design and bad bases and growths are captivating, not to mention her little side story which is actually pretty cool.

1 Like

I believe Hard 2 or 3? I don’t remember honestly. Those three did turn out pretty well.

I unironically like FE7 Marcus. He is super useful in the early game (rescuing Priscilla, catching the thieves in castle Caelin, chasing down the boss on Merlinus’s map, etc.). Late-game he is still usable though subpar, so exp given to him (within reason) is not completely wasted like FE6 Marcus or Jagen. I also enjoy his supports, especially with Merlinus.

Since when is FE7 Marcus considered “bad”?

Haha good question. I dunno but a couple people mentioned him so I thought I’d add my two cents about why I appreciate him as a unit.

Edit: If I’m going to pick an overshadowed unit I’ll go with Devdan/Danved in Path of Radiance. He cracks me up for some reason and has been pretty decent in my playthroughs. He lives in Nephenee’s shadow but he has twice her personality.

Fair enough. Yeah, Devdan funny (not to be confused with Danved)

2 Likes

Arden is a god, Noish over Alec, Roshea deserves more love, Wade is strong and Julia is the best Res-Tank, even without the Naga-Tome.

Yeah, for some Reason I like the slower units. I do become more and more attached to certain Knight-Class Units too over the years.

I also like using Rebecca and Ilyana.

1 Like

ohoho! Where do I begin?

fe6: Sue, Trec, Hugh,
fe7: Rebecca, Legault, Karel (in comparison to harken), Nino,
fe8: L’arachel, Rennac, Colm, Neimi, Lute, Joshua
fe11: DOGA WILL CHOKE THE POINT
fe12: ROGER WILL CHOKE THE POINT
awakening: Maribelle, Tiki, Nowi, Gregor, Lon qu, Brady,
fates: Setsuna, Selena, Odin, Kana, Shura, beruka
three houses: no one is really bad per say but I do enjoy forging a killing edge with a swordmaster Jeritza (I’m sorry).

1 Like

marcus is the opposite of bad in fe7, he kills everything and has decent growths, sure whichever cavalier(s) you train up will eventually surpass him but that’s late game and even then the only reason why is because Marcus doesn’t have good speed so just give him a brave weapon and watch him go brrrrrrr.

also as long as you don’t solo the map with marcus and use him like a normal unit he doesn’t steal exp.

in the distance you hear a strange palm tree yelling something to you, you can’t make out what it’s saying so you walk closer, you ask him what he said and he looks at you and says

pitfall

In FE8, I trained Amelia and promoted her into General.
I think she somehow became good unit.