The Road to Ruin

Can i ask for something ?
wheres i can find the new patch for chapter 10 up ?
because the new version witch i download is stop in end of demo.
please help

1 Like

There is no patch for anything past chapter 10.
Youā€™ll just have to wait.

1 Like

oh I Apologize
I think chapter 10 up already out
if still in the process
I wish it was quickly completed and immediately play back
I will wait
thanks Mr.Primefusion

1 Like

Is Dead it is ?
Mr.Primefusion, please its about 8 months ago from the last my question and until now there is no certainty about the continuation of Road to Ruin ? please answer, thank you

1 Like

Patience is everything.
The final release is on the horizon.

6 Likes

Thank Mr Underground! :trumpet:

2 Likes

Do you like mods? How about completed ones?

The Road to Ruin v3.0

Yes, thatā€™s right. Itā€™s done. This patch has 23 chapters of content, plus a few interludes, with the final chapter being chapter 20.

Fair warning: This is more of an open beta than a be-all-end-all release. Please report bugs and glitches as they pop up.

This release has been a long time coming. I started working on this mod all the way back in 2009, and itā€™s just now seeing a final release. For perspective: I started and finished college before I finished this project.

Iā€™m not sure what else to say, so Iā€™m keeping the fanfare to a minimum.
Your previous save files should be compatible (hopefully, canā€™t guarantee it).

I hope you all enjoy!

16 Likes

Congrats on finishing(sort of).
Quick question, is it finished with or without supports?

1 Like

Every character has 1 support partner (had to strike a balance between wanting supports and not wanting to burn myself out). List coming soon

1 Like

Dammit, way to ā€œpull an Archā€ LOL.

But still congratulations, man! This is a major milestone.

1 Like

Congrats on finally crossing the finish line!

I likely wonā€™t have the time or opportunity to playthrough myself, but Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll catch a playthrough of it somewhere to live it and all of the sexy maps and palettes vicariously.

1 Like

TBH, itā€™s to avoid the whole ā€œprivate beta, but half the people in it donā€™t give feedback and just want the patchā€ thing.
'Cause thatā€™s kinda-sorta what happened the last time I recruited beta testers

4 Likes

Been there, done that. :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Killer, congrats primetime!

Iā€™ll have to fire up vba and give this a go at some point.

1 Like

Bug fix for chapter 3. Get version 3.0.1.
Iā€™m sure it wonā€™t be the last bug fix

1 Like

If you downloaded the patch I posted a couple of hours ago, please re-download it. Thereā€™s a another bug fix in there for chapters 14-16.

1 Like

Played the first couple of chapters. Itā€™s pretty good so far! Feels a lot rougher to start out with than standard gbafe, thoughā€¦ or maybe Iā€™m just salty because I keep dying to incredibly unlikely rng and the peg knight canā€™t hit a goddamn 80% to literally save her lifeā€¦ but it still seems quite balanced, so thatā€™s not necessarily a bad thing. It looks good, too; the colours are very nice. The only complaint I have so far is that it needs some proofreading - there are some missing commas and such. This

is probably the worst one Iā€™ve found so far because it actually changes the meaning of the line. (I mean, you obviously understand what heā€™s saying from the context, but it bugs me.)

1 Like

Okay, another bug fix patch, v3.0.2

Fixes a bug where Oā€™Riley or Aaron might end up with 0 movement in chapter 8.

Enables the reinforcements that were accidentally disabled in the final chapter.

2 Likes

Damn, Prime. Congrats on the soft ā€œfullā€ release.

1 Like

The fun never stops. New bug fix patch v3.0.3
This fixes a bug affecting chapters 14 and onward. Please download it if you havenā€™t already finished the mod.

Iā€™ve also got good news! Iā€™ve released growth rates and support pairings. You can check them out in the SF thread. Iā€™d put them in the OP here, but spoilers are fickle beasts in Discourse it seems.

1 Like