Terrible Romhack Ideas (and some not so bad ones too)

Horrible Idea: A series of Maze maps with Thracia Fog

you get one unit, if I were to be generous that one unit is a thief.
You navigate multiple mazes trying to avoid death and make it to the end.
there is a set turn amount meaning you can’t waste much time or make many mistakes.
there will be puzzles and enemies you have to navigate through, one wrong turn could mean a possible game over.
resources are limited, and how you use them could affect how you play greatly. You’d think a sword would just be for enemies but for all you know there’s a wall or a tree that could be used to help you progress.
End conditions could range from, kill a certain enemy, claim the throne, open a chest, or activate a certain tile to leave

2 Likes

this is a really silly and great gameplay idea might wanna try it in fe6 someday

2 Likes

Creepypasta Emblem: The name essentially says it all. Take a vanilla FE game and try to edit it in such a way that it slowly starts getting more creepy or sell off a hack to the people as being normal only for it to be scary as hell (similar to the Super Mario World Hack Coronation Day/'the) while also telling some made up story. Mainly interested since there aren’t as many creepy FE hacks or creepypastas (of which the few ones I found are so bad you might as well put them into the Trollpasta Wiki where Sonic.Exe resides).

Mercenary Emblem: A FE Game where you obtain units by hiring them with gold. This can be either done in hub areas by talking to some units or some certain enemies in chapters being hirable with a certain gold amount. Aditionally you can perform certain actions that allow you to get more gold, though some of them may make some characters hate you to the point where they desire more gold to work for you, become unhirable or also even aid the enemy side, making a chapter possibly even harder. Plus points if certain mercenaries that if not hired by the player get hired by the enemy side. I’m aware that Storge essentially does some of what I mentioned, but my idea more or less means a FE Game the length of others (around 20 chapters or more) with multiple hub maps.

6 Likes

Honestly if there were a mainline FE lord to apply this too it’d be roy :joy:

I know what you have here is far more in-depth and fleshed out, but Carino’s civil war did mess around with hiring mercenaries. It didn’t really go anywhere with it (and honestly just added to how hectic the game felt), but this is definitely one of the more “not-so-bad” ideas in this thread.

1 Like

Storge did this: at the start of the game you hire units with gold, and you’ll have to complete the game with the unit(s) you hired.

But does it take class bases into account? :thinking:

The first 3 are already in official games. So this isn’t that far fetched

1 Like

Power emblem: take the “reach stat benchmarks” saying literally as you play as your cool and original OC.tm and has to spend days juggling between increasing your stats, between might, smarts, Aesthetic and charm idk till you compete in chanpionships of your liking, such as weightlifting, Bodybuilding, etc.
You could throw in some random romance options too since it also works in this system.

Elibe fuckin dies, the hack: Every single enemy is a manakete. Bosses are replaced by the major dragons, and the wyrmslayer weapons are all removed

5 Likes

Calculator: You move a unit between different input squares, events perform the calculation, then the game tells you your result abacus style.

I dare someone to make a worse idea.

3 Likes

Every unit has maxed max hp but there are only slim weapons and no pow growths

every weapon has all stats:
*crit boost
*brave effect
*devil effect
*poison
*reaver

One move emblem every unit has one move

1 Like

Overcomplicated Emblem:

There are no regular iron/steel/silver weapons. Every single weapon has at least 1 special effect, if not multiple. Be it an effectiveness table, brave effect, poison, a debuff, stat boosts, devil effect, reaver, etc…

Flyer effectiveness on bows doesn’t count.

Extended range on Longbows and siege tomes also doesn’t count.

9 Likes

Doable in Skill Systems, you can give skills to weapons, so for example, slim weapons can have seal stuff, irons can have expertise, steels and silvers can have blows/stances

1 Like

Isn’t that just Fire Emblem Fates?

6 Likes

New idea, WayTooMuchEmblem. Every character has a fire emblem of some sort, and all talks without spaces. No punctuation, and way too many stat buffs to keep track of. For added chaos, every enemy has a fire emblem too.

2 Likes

Fates iron weapons have no effect, I belive

You’re right. Fates iron weapons have no effects on them.

New idea: Avatar emblem: every single character of the game is a “customizable avatar”, you can select things such as their name, class (between 2 options) and you can give them a “funni trait” that they will repeat in every single conversation involving, including supports. The game could grant a simple prompt explaining the character’s role in the plot to guide the story along (i.e.: Jeigan prompt: “A man who guides and protects [main character]”

4 Likes