Terrible Romhack Ideas (and some not so bad ones too)

also gotta make sure to extend each of the main story pieces to several chapters. Like why spend 1 chapter fighting a bossfight when you could spend 3?

2 Likes

weird ideas i would love to see someone to make it real…

kaiju emblem:
every unit is a big monster type and you can destroy villages and stuff. Your conflicts are the human force that’ll try to stop your army of giant monsters.

summoner emblem:
everyone is a summoner class that’s it

50 or more turns survival:
protect the throne in a largest and longest defense chapter ever as the units will get tougher to deal with like Siege tomes, stat staves, invisible enemies, moving bosses, and waves of manaketes.

metal gear emblem:
you only play one assassin class unit and your mission is to assassinate an important person. The player must figure out how to get into the destination point in a large castle filled with rooms and fog of war using only one unit.

8 Likes

Two of those I’ve actually attempted. Summoner emblem had issues, the other (which I shall not name) I will likely make within the next few years.

1 Like

Actually my projects are not normal fire emblem. They are YGO and Digimon based. And in fact I have this in both. Every single class have a weakness ( certain type of weapons )

Just one question about summoner emblem. Are you counting summoned classes as also summoner classes ?

summons only monsters and non human classes

1 Like

Well my ygo project is similar. Since it’s you know like a ygo duel. The duelists are like Lords without skills and they “summon” a monster each turn until they beat the 5 monsters of the enemy and attack directly the life point of their opponents… This kinda fits with that you mentioned.
But yes why not. I would like to make or design a base for a summoning fe game or more similar of what you are talking about.
Like for example , an archer summoning a bird or a skeleton archer.
This is a good idea if you ask me and just like you , i would love to play something like that

Trying to read this and my brain is going “I summon pot of greed to draw 3 cards! I then summon pot of greed to draw three additional cards! And now, I will play pot of greed to draw 3 cards!”

Jokes aside summoning units from other units is a very cool idea but unfortunately very very limited in vanilla fe8’s engine.

1 Like

Well my project is not like modern ygo cause i don’t like it but it has some skill working as effects.
For example
You summon a monster each turn. And each monster has their weapons and effects.
The summoning is via eventing so that’s why I said "summoning "

But talking about real summoning. It’s not than limited.
We have some patches to share experience between the summoned creature and the summoner.
And we can also have multiples summoner classes having the skillsystem and different summoned creatures one per class.
With that way you can even get some game like
Pokemon Conquest
Which can actually fits a lot with FE
While you are recruiting the trainers, they have their own pokemon and that pokemon is their summon.
When the promote the pokemon evolves.
So in convos we will have the trainers but the pokes will be the ones that will actually battles.
Letting the trainers as just summoners with staves and support skills like dance or rallies.
But if you like you can also make the trainers to attack.

Like em …
Colm from FE8 he’s an thief
And his summon can be a cat
Like Each class has their own pets
I would prefer it if just the playable units are summoners and maybe just s few of enemies like em … Lyon summoning Formortis xD

Every sound effect is converted into a midi.

Berserker Emblem

All units are brigands and pirates. Their promotions are Berserkers only.

2 Likes

Grass Emblem.

The MC cuts grass for a living and has to cut a witch’s grass to make ends meet for that week. The witch doesn’t like him so she summons her flowers, vegetables and other things in her yard to kill the MC.

3 Likes

That sounds like a terrible battle anime. Just call it like…
“I Cut a Witches Grass and Now I’m Level 9999?!?” and you’re golden.

5 Likes

GAAS Emblem: every map has a door or enemy adjacent unit (non hostile but you can’t move through them) that require you to give them a certain item to end the map. The kicker is you get the item from a “lootbox” being an enemy that is spawned with a random item in their inventory to drop.
Each spawn will cost some gold which will require you to either sell items you can’t use, but for an extra layer of evil a stage could possibly ask you for an item you can’t actually get on that map.

Slow-start emblem, every unit starts a map with -5 to every stat via the seal skills.

“But it was Me, Barry!” Emblem: every maps boss is against the “evil” doppelganger of one of your units.

Adhd Emblem: your lord is unbelievably distracted on each map, and every map is a seize map.

Pain Emblem: All of your characters are normal classes… with growths for different archetypes. I.E.: Your knight has myrm growths, and your myrm grows like a fighter. Got this idea from FoR lol, since the knight and cav seems like the growths are built to just be role swaps.

4 Likes

Plants VS Zombies but you’re the zombie.
Sounds fun.

Another idea: Every map is a seize map and the lord is a green unit with ai set to:

“100% attack enemy in range”
“Move randomly”

You have to use rescues and shoves to lead him to where he needs to be.
Additionally, in the final chapters you could have it start spreading like a disease. Random units you deploy switch to green team with that same ai. Basically by the final chapter you have no control over your units and have to watch them run around randomly and forget what they were in the middle of doing.
(I feel fine making this joke because I have immediate family members who are diagnosed adhd)

2 Likes

I was more thinking just a whole bunch of randomly placed proximity events, like desert item ones, strewn about that do anything including but not limited to:

1. Randomly teleporting the lord to a random tile on the map.
  2. Summoning enemy reinforcements.
  3. Randomly finding an item.
  4. Randomly losing an item from someone random on the map.
  5. Randomly gaining or losing stats.
  6. Potentially randomly changing classes.

And other such chaos.

As for that comment. I mean I was diagnosed some 25-ish odd years ago, never stopped me.

2 Likes

I still love that developed emblem idea lmaooo that would be hilarious

1 Like

Glad emblem: you play as a gladiator (customizable) and have to play against a gaunlett of enemies of raising level, as you play you advance through the league as you get companions who then lead the plot till you fight something something final boss.

3 Likes

You know this might make a good rougelike in fe

2 Likes