Terrible Romhack Ideas (and some not so bad ones too)

Roid Rage Emblem: Upon using statboosters unit will be berserked.

A Mystery mansion:the protagonist wakes up in a mansion, he doesn’t know how he got there but he conveniently meets his sister who doesn’t know how he got to the mansion either, together with other people they have to find a way out of that mansion (each chapter is a room of the mansion)

1 Like

This was the final straw, I’m editing the thread title.

1 Like

All or Nothing

• If you can hit, you hit.

• If you can crit, you crit.

• If you have a chance to activate a skill, the skill activates.

• If you have a chance to gain a stat upon leveling up, you gain that stat.

• All of the above changes also apply to enemies.

• All weapon hitrates are significantly reduced to accommodate the changes above. You can still dodgetank, you just need enemies to have 0 hit on you.

1 Like

Luck would be far and away the most important stat in this

2 Likes

After posting some “not so bad idea” I think it’s time to me to post an idea that is pretty bad, I think.

Trustbuilding Problem.
Your lord can have support with every other playable character, but the only unit you can control is the lord and other unit who have support with him/her. The rest are controlled by the AI.

Kinda inspired by this AFK romhack AI.

It seems to be somehow able to be applied to other romhacks. Now I wonder if there is a patch to have (almost) unlimited support.

5 Likes

I’m going with another idea

Blind Emblem:
All the units are blind except the main protagonists aka the lords. So all the chapters has “fog”. You can’t see even what’s in front of you except you are a sighted one. Based on “See” series ;3

1 Like

This would fit more for fe6, considering it’s essentially a soft reimagining of fe1

not sure if this has been mentioned but 1 gold Emblem.
all items are bought for 1 gold but you cant sell any items but gems.
red gems sell for5 gold.
blue gems are sell for 10 gold.
white gems sell for 20 gold.
gold gems sell for 50 gold.

another terrible idea would be 1 use emblem. everything has 1 use then it breaks.

I say FE7 bc imagine Cog but with the valkyries having mage knight stats

Excelblem already has you covered. https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOeva3nmrCz0b1Kbfzz5hkph-gtcKpptG

1 Like

Here’s bad idea…

“Iron Emblem”: Player units can only use iron-based weaponry (mages fire/heal/wind/thunder/light/dark)

Also to add more salt to the wound enemy units only use silver/killer/brave based weaponry.

5 Likes

Your developed emblem idea seems more like a community showcase imo.

The Sethred Stones.
It’s FE8 but everyone is Seth. Everyone is a paladin with his exact same stats and growth rates, and every single portrait is edited to look like Seth.
In Hard mode every single enemy unit is also Seth.

5 Likes

Funny enought, there’s a hack already named Iron Emblem.
With a different premise and gimmick, of course.

Idea: Every single class promotes with a different promotion item. Like The FE7 Fell Contract and Ocean Seal, but even worse

5 Likes

to make it worse, you only get one of each item, and many of them have obscure requirements

7 Likes

Every statbooster is locked to a specific class. For example, there are different kinds of boots. Armors need armored boots, mounted units need horseshoes, etc.

3 Likes

Bugged out emblem: The game has severe bugs, glitches, and graphical errors. It’s basically unplayable, but technically you can somehow make it to the end credits if you try hard enough.

2 Likes

Effective emblem: All “playable” classes (Player controlled class) are weak to creation weapons.

1 Like