Terrible Romhack Ideas (and some not so bad ones too)

Unironically this actually has the potential to be a really fun game

4 Likes

Huh??? for real??? What’s the project name? Do you have a link?

Not the person you asked, but here you go.

I played this myself. Pretty fun.

2 Likes

Reference to Atlanta Nights and Naked Came the Stranger, two books written in this fashion.

Reference to peak fiction.

1 Like

That’s reminds me of Akanei Senki
4 chapters not directly related to the other that occurs in the Akaneia Story :v

You see, unlike BSFE, they’re all part of one questionably-coherent plot! The plot/character outline would be rather barebones, and the creators would embellish it to make it the best worst FE fangame!

Old FE: the entire cast is made up of old people with shitty growths and jagen type usefulness. The only way to really increase their stats is with stat boosters, skills, special weapons (say a defensive sword for extra def) or supports

10 Likes

tbh old people would be terrible soldiers. Athletes peak in their 20s and 30s

1 Like

They would for the most part, but stats would still be a bit above the enemies for a while since a lot would be seasoned warriors out of their prime.
It’d be a race against time itself, think warcraft 3 Frozen Throne Undead Campaign, where your Main lord Arthas starts at level 10/10, and goes down to level 1/10 on the final map.
You’d not really grow much, but enemies would. And you’d have to desperately try to stand on even ground with them as time goes on.
Could even make a semi cool story out of it by being some veteran legion of oldies, knights from an unpopular kingdom recently obliterated, with bounties on their head, no vision for the future, or lord to call their own. Then finding the last heir whom nobody believes is actually the heir, and somehow fighting to reinstate their kingdom against all odds.

Bonus points for adding an “age counter” where some of your units will just die of old age if you take too long on maps. Think that one old sniper boss from metal gear solid whose boss fight you can completely skip by just waiting for a long time, so he’ll die of old age.

6 Likes

I think you put this in the wrong thread. This belongs in “AMAZING ROMHACK IDEAS!!!”
Along with Smash Bros. Emblem.

Jokes aside, I think jagen emblem would be a big hit.

2 Likes

Peace Out Emblem: you start with the full roster but at the end of every map 1-2 units just leave, and take their crap with them.

GRAHHHH Emblem, every sound effect, and I do mean every sound effect, is replaced with either the brigand or cyclops roar.

I hate sand Emblem: every map is a desert map and all your units are either mounted or armor but all the enemies have mage movement.

Noodle Emblem: instead of everyone having 0 strength/magic all weapons have 0 might.

“Where’d I leave my Keys” Emblem: every map has a locked door and a single enemy with a key to that door who, when killed, triggers an event with the player unit going “there’s where I left my keys”.

12 Likes

It started off as “haha your entire cast is a nursing home” but the more i thought about it the more i actually like the idea

1 Like

Tbh i love that last one a lot lol id love for that to be an actual thing

2 Likes

Bandit Emblem: Realism Edition

You play as a pack of bandits. All generic, except the boss, who’s name is a classic fire emblem bandit name (ex. Bazba, Batta, something like that) and go around pillaging. The twist on the concept is that the main lord is gonna come kill you if you pillage near him, so you have to actively avoid making him mad.

There was a bandit emblem made recently. I played the first few chapters and it seemed pretty good. I quit on like chapter 4/5 because of a severe difficulty spike though.

EDIT:

Someone gave the enitre cast Shinon & Gatrie syndrome…

Ooh! New idea.
Thanos Emblem.
Everything, and I do mean EVERY NUMBER is cut in half. Stats? Snapped. Growths? Snapped. Weapon Ranks? Snapped.

2 Likes

To make it funnier, since its an event that would give you the key, you don’t even have to actually put the key in the enemies inventory.

3 Likes

I was about to suggest “Rhythm Emblem” where you have to push buttons in sync with the music to attack like in Rhythm Heaven and then I realized that this was basically just Paper Mario / M&L as a T-RPG…

4 Likes

Sounds like a terrible idea. I’ll add it to the list.

1. Fire Emblem Afakening:
    Chrom’s lookalike awakens, unharmed, after his defeat, and goes on an adventure to get rich or kill trying while recruiting numerous lookalikes of various Fire Emblem characters, though some are convincing lookalikes than others. We’re talking “Fake Straw Hats” lookalikes here. Eventually there’s a big battle against a rival bandit gang and they are welcomed as heroes by the villagers for defeating said bandits.

2. Fire Emblem: The Scared Stoners:

You just take The Sacred Stones and then you make a bunch of stupid unfunny jokes and dumb edits, roleplaying as a kid who just discovered romhacking and is the kind of person who would edit Professor Oak to Professor Smoak and put the hazy/foggy weather in his lab because “dude weed lmao”. The edits start out lazy and minimal but the effort levels escalate over time until the plot goes off the rails.

1. Fairer Emblem:

RNG is removed from the outcome of battles. No misses, no crits, fixed growths, no sparkling tiles or random skill activation or random other stuff. Everything is consistent and reproducible and mathematically sound. It’s called fairer emblem specifically to annoy people who love RNG more than anything else about FE that gets measurably better when RNG is removed.

1. Death Emblem:

Program an AI to generate the hardest and most painful FE levels known to man and roll with it. …Good luck with that.

Aren’t these called something like Telephone Games? Like Gartic Phone.

2 Likes