Tactile - SRPG Game Engine (and FEXNA)

apologies for the buzzing, I have no idea where it came from ._.

next video shouldn’t have it though

credit to @Nom for actual thumbnails though!

9 Likes

We want cats :pouting_cat:

1 Like

I also have the same problem with Tactile as Makar

@Makar @Navidz
Have you tried creating a new project from scratch and following the first video? I’m trying to figure out exactly where things went wrong

I tried it many times.I can try it again but i will give a response tommorow because i need to sleep right now

And it just crashes upon trying to load the unit editor then, hmm

Did you try opening the unit editor from VS? I believe I covered how to do this in the second video

Tried it, but no different. Shows me the error on the same line it did before, saying it doesn’t find an .xnb (Ran it on Debug x86 with UnitEditor Tr1 Tr1 on the properties option). At this point I think the only way to solve it might be to redo installation or something but doing that would be like a chore

Please tell us the result if you think doing the installation again

No luck, same result as before. I redid all steps but in the end was the same

I’m not sure if the next video has already been recorded but I was curious if you could show some Palletes for Generic groups? My new question (I know, I’m sorry…) Is if I could add a new name to the generic faces that allow me to change their colors on the portraits. Like how we have Bern, Gladiator, and Killer that all alter the colors on the soldier’s portrait. Is it possible to add more to that group? Or are those rather permanent and unchangeable?

Face recolors are currently hardcoded, as in you’d have to know the color ids of all the colors you’re using and go and manually edit each one. A pain in the ass, but entirely doable. Battle sprites though yes.

Also that list isn’t really relevant anymore, as I sort of combined a bunch of stuff into #3, next video will be covering animations so that part will be included.

1 Like

Awesome that works. I was able to create a generic team and make them all a unified color. I was just curious if the portraits were changeable but being hardcoded sounds like a pain that I will avoid at the moment lol.

It’s fun to just mess around with the editor but your videos show how much I still dont know about lol

1 Like

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah
no nvm i need to re-upload rip

I had seen it this morning and got super excited lol. Then saw it was private so figured it needed a re-upload

yeah the audio got messed up to the point where it randomly becomes deafening
it should be up in like 30ish min or so, i’ll drop the link when I wake up

1 Like

i woke up

7 Likes

Very helpful video. So I was following your steps and got a double image when she goes to attack. I tried uploading the video but it wouldn’t let me.

Basically if ur adding a gender variant, it has to be frame for frame the same as the other correct?

yeah, in my video I think I specified that the mercenary sheet is identical to the male (you can check it out, it’s linked in the video)

Try these out

You can also just use the feditor button and import the scripts and link it with the animation association, there isn’t any specific requirement

I did use the script and feditor. Thats when the error occurred. Tho i was having that error when I tried to manually do it too previously

6 Likes