Tactile - SRPG Game Engine (and FEXNA)

Hi all, a im spanish so sorry my bad english a im have cuestios.

First: a im dont know if is for beta or bad instal, but some config options is empy (Combat, Difficulty, Gameplay, Map, Options, supports, Team and Wolrd Map) all the rest in engine going good.

Second: The engine is going avable top download updates?

and last: How can translate all menus in game? a im wish make in spanish.

this a Petition for Tactile makers: can add the fonts Ñ, ñ, ¿ and ¡

thanks for make this, a im tried to make my fire emblem since RPG Maker XP.

The config editor wasn’t finished on time, because the leak forced Yeti to release early.

If I’m understanding correctly, are you asking if there will be updates for Tactile in the future? The answer to that question is yes.

Yeti can answer this; I don’t know, myself.

You’re not the first person to ask for expanded language fonts. I don’t know for sure, but I think they are addable… somehow. Yeti or someone more knowledgeable can offer better specifics.

Hope that answered some of your questions!

1 Like

thanks for answering me.

the next updates will be published in this thread?

Cheer up and good luck with the project. I’ve been following FEXNA since the RPG Maker XP version came out, I still have it on my computer.

I should hope so :+1:

1 Like

I think I might need some help with Tactile. So I followed all the step on there how to install. Got all the Redist installed, Got Vistual Studio 2019 on there, also copied all the XNA from C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\ to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\XNA Game Studio’ and also everything to work. The Editor works too so no errors I got from it. but when click on Start Tactile game, it doesn’t seem to load it up the game. So I don’t know if I miss some step on there or if there’s something else I gotta do. but any advice or help could work and thank you.

You have to compile the game before it will run, make sure you’ve done that first.
If that doesn’t work, try running the project from visual studio and post what message it kicks out at you.
If you’re still having issues, you can check out the discord channel on feu.

oh my gosh it works now! Thank you so much, Dancer! before I had to compile had to do fix the text and then I had processed outdated sprites which told me I had to do first before I compile. everything went well and finally got it to work. Thank you Again, Dancer

4 Likes

may someone do a tutorial (youtube) to install all of this correctly (for windows 8.1)? visual learner you see

While I definitely wouldn’t consider Windows 8.1 to be optimal, installing on there should be similar to Windows 10. Assuming of course that there aren’t items in the installation process that just cannot be installed on 8.1. Also, yeti’s instructions have lots of pictures. It’s not hard to follow, either. Just make sure to not skip steps, as Klok mentioned earlier.

1 Like

Just a protip: I love Window 8.1 and I got Tactile working on it just fine last year, no problem. However, I ended up upgrading to Windows 10 this year because you cannot play Cyberpunk 2077 on Windows 8 or 8.1, only 7 and 10. You may end up wanting to upgrade anyway, and I found it was totally free with my legit windows 8 key.

So, yeah. Tactile, you can get it working on Window 8.1, it’s the same as the process outlined in Yeti’s tutorial. However, I certainly recommend upgrading to 10.

I find this to be sus

Glad to know I wasn’t horribly wrong on my assumptions XD

Do you think you could put in a throughly good tutorial for me for how to get the thing working? I’d really like another engine to have a go at making my special brand of fe gba experience. But seemed a bit confusing when it said modify or add steps for win. 8(.1). But if you don’t wish to, no prob. I like the engine that came with the lionheart game. Got map making working & troops with the weapons. The only thing on it I’d like assistance with is adding additional classes without taking away/replacing any

It’s right there in the OP.

There are no extra steps. You just follow everything it says to do and don’t skip anything, you’ll have it working.

I meant like a video where I could actually see it being done and follow along

Moreover, here is the first set of words “These instructions are designed for Visual Studio 2019 on Windows 10. If you’re using different versions, you may have to modify or add steps to the process.” with that s established, no steps extra though it is 8.1 I work with?

Instead of this back and forth, why don’t you explain the error you’re running into

This just sounds like a disclaimer. Basically, if you aren’t using windows 10, this guide may not be 100% accurate to your operating system. It should still be close enough that the differences should not impede you from installing it.

1 Like

I haven’t started the installation because I didn’t even know where to begin. That’s why I’m asking for a visual follow along tutorial

http://bwdyeti.com/tactile/install

Here’s where you begin!

Would you rather provide me with all the proper things that got to be installed (in order of course) for this whole thing to work? I feel that would be more helpful because I have been to that link couple of times. But if you cannot provide the links to the things/programs to make this fe engine work, no problem

Correct me if I’m wrong but that guide doesn’t provide any links to the things it says to install