Some Fire Emblem Battle Sprites I'm working on

WaterLaser_FE_Spell

The final Mid Tier Water Spell would be a pressurized beam of water that gets super compressed to deal massive damage.

So it would go Charybdis->Hyrdocutter*(no idea on a good name here)*->Clepsydra

14 Likes

If you wanted to keep with the ancient and “C” naming theme, with a bit of water relation thrown in…idk something like Calypso? Although she was an island nymph so…

Eh, makes more sense than Lyon’s personal tome being named after a boat made of toenails

2 Likes

Ooo Calypso does sound exotic enough to keep with the theme and really the C wasn’t meant to be a theme but it ended up that way. Plus now the C to Sea pun forces it to be that way.

2 Likes

This is pretty much what I’m trying to do in my hack. Magic and the elements are a big part in my story. Really nice animations you got. You plan to make any earth spells?

I’ve got 3 planned.

Landslide, which is just a bunch of rocks.

An eruption spell.

And a Meteor strike.

1 Like

Meteor_FE_Spell

This is ideally what Meteor would look like, but I think it’s a bit too intensive for the limitations we have on FE spells.

Also, the critical hit animation for the Golem’s Punch attack.

Golem_FE_Battle_Critical

23 Likes

I think thats pretty easy on the system. Shyuterz have made some high OAM demanding spell animations and they are much more bigger in scale. I guess frame counts should be kept in mind, however.

1 Like

Yeah it’s the frame counts that hurt most of these, Meteor for example is coming up on 45 frames.

Clepsydra’s 40 on the nose.

Even the fancy new Fire and Flux have high frame counts at 38 and 25 respectively.

Though I don’t know what he average frame count is for base FE spells, I know some like Excalibur or the high end Dark ones have to have some high frame counts too.

Pretty sure that apocalypse has upwards of 200 frames, and it works fine, it’s just a little long.

Which looks better? With the reigns or without?

Salamander Knight

Just a silly idea I had earlier today…

Salamander Knights, they would be able to move across Water with no penalty, and mountains at half their walking distance.

Mounted Axe user, would mainly be used by Kingdoms in either rainforests or swampy biomes.

We need more 2 legged mounted units, maybe a bird like one too (Chocobo?) give them movement that’s just a little bit shy of a horse’s but in exchange they can cross difficult terrains with no trouble (AKA No desert map would be able to stop them!)

25 Likes

My vote goes for the one with reigns.

2 Likes

If you make a Chocobo Knight I would have no bad things to say.

chocob

Just for Cheese and Giggles the Not-Chocobo Knight.

Doubt I’ll actually make a full sheet of it, was more for fun.

Though it looks right at home…

ChocoGag1

20 Likes

That is a cute salamander mount

1 Like

Now I know I said I wasn’t planning on making a full animation for the Chocobo Knight, but I sort of ended up becoming enamored with the little bugger and made some (really) rough frames for an attack.

Obvious polish is needed, but it gives the general idea of a basic attack.

Also the promoted version

Chocolord

24 Likes

Just beautiful to see. I didn’t think I’d see this in GBA Fire Emblem format.

It really is awesome to see more calvary mounts, makes it possible to have a bit more world building and flavor. I really like the concept of both the Salamander and Not-Chocobo Knight, but as a FF fan I’m a bit partial to the Chocobo

ChocoKnight_FE_Battle

Chocobo Knight (anybody have a better name that’s not Chocobo so it’s not a blatant insert? I was thinking Ostro Knight) is coming along nicely! Gotta animate the ribbon, mess with the feet a little, and add in the shadow still.

24 Likes

Maybe something like Moa Knight? Moa were very large flightless birds known for their long necks and legs, and while not exactly mythology they are extinct…of course they were also wingless so that’s a bit of a discrepancy

Wingless would work here since these Knock Off Chocobo are wingless too (they look too cluttered with wings).

Moa sounds a bit exotic though, maybe ‘Strutho Knight’? Taking the Struthio part of the Ostrich’s Genus and corrupting it a bit? Or ‘Wimani Knight’ taking from an extinct Chinese species.

Also Ribboned Up

ChocoKnight_FE_Battle

9 Likes