Some Fire Emblem Battle Sprites I'm working on

Really digging the Gladiator. I needed a branched path for both brigands/pirates and my own lance-wielding raider class.

Good custom sprites for enemy classes are in short supply compared to more player focused ones, so I’m definitely excited to see it. I can’t wait for it to be finished.

4 Likes

Gladiator Lance (1)

The basic sprite is done!

I’m gonna put some sort of accessory around the waist ti help break it up.

A belt should do fine!

24 Likes

We need more SCREAMING critical animations.

Gladiator Lance crit

Gladiator axe crit

Aaaaaand I’m one color over pallet… time to figure out what to cut…

23 Likes

RAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

4 Likes

The skin could be 4 colors instead of 5

I squeezed it down since the skin and leather were sharing some colors.

Now all that remains is to make a class card and OW map icons and the Gladiator/Pit Fighter will be done.

17 Likes

Just a fun thing I made while bored.

Skill Activation Animations!

Basic Skill:
Basic Skill Trigger

Astra:
Basic Skill Astra
(In a perfect world Astra would just playbthe attacking animation once and deal all the damage the 5 hits would deal in one attack).

Sol:
Basic Skill Sol

Luna:
Basic Skill Luna

Slayer:
Basic Skill Holy

Sure Shot:
Basic Skill Sure shot

48 Likes

No way man, you saved a lot of people in the community

3 Likes

I did? How so?

Also

Kaw-Kraw!

Griphon Knight

The idea is to give Pegasus Knight’s their own version of a “Wyvern Knight” without switching from feathers to scales.

Griphon Knight

22 Likes

Quick question: did you mind if I add you’re newer animations to the Animation Repository? I know you’ve added a few already, but I just want to get the ok before I randomly add all of them.

Yeah, the only reason I havent submitted them is because my file naming style does not match up with what they want over there and I’m too lazy/stubborn to go through and change everything to match.

1 Like

That’s fine. I can format them if u have a name for your animation. It’ll make the placement of them much more accurate. Unless u want to do it yourself, no rush.

Gladiator in action

20 Likes

Remarkable as always…

Nice to see these in motion.

Very happy to see more animations with RAAAAAHHH critical parts !

2 Likes

Griphon Knight (1)

There’s a smug chicken nugget in these frames…

EDIT:

If I have to sprite ONE MORE WING I am going to lose it lol!

Griphon Knight (2)

28 Likes

Standing

Walking

Sky Knight/Griffon Knight Map Sprites!

And Animation!

pakm_sw1

Just like Gladiator, all I need to do is make the Class Card…

btw, this was the original crit plan:

Griphon Knight Crit

The idea behind the Sky Knight is that both Wyvern Riders and Pegasus Knights have a Lance Locked promotion and a dual weapon Promotion.

Wyvern Lord would have Lance X Axe

Falco Knight would have Lance X Sword

Wyvern Knight/Sky Knight would have Lance X Pierce

Sky Knights are soldiers trained on Pegasus until they are ready to try the more powerful Griffon mount (Falco Knights are those who develop a bond with their Pegasus Mount and opt to stay with it). They’d be the more bulky flying unit, slower, but hits harder. In Universe, Sky Knights are trained specifically to do combat with other aerial units. Their better bulk allows them to take on Wyvern and Pegasus mounted units and come out on top, the low speed however, makes them extra vulnerable to troops and bows, as they will often be doubled by them.

38 Likes

Damn, you work fast. I’m really curious about what your file looks like at various points during working on it.

Hoo boy my workspace…

Most of this is only possible because IT let me install Aseprite on my work PC, so when things get slow I can work on pixel art while waiting for emails…

The process for the Sky Knight from start to finish. I doodled on a sticky note a few key frames (Idle, preparing to lunge, the attack pose) then thought of other Fire Emblem classes that could have similar motions for me to get ideas on (in this case, the Wyvern Knight).

Then in Aseprite I have a 240x160 template for Fire Emblem that has the battle platforms, UI, and an enemy so I can get a rough positioning.

Griphon Knight 1

I create a folder called “sketch” and then I put 3 layers inside it. I freehand a very rough sketch of the animation using my keyframe sketch from before to get the specific positions. (In this case, the three layers were for Wings, Mount Body, and Rider/Lance).

Griphon Knight rough 2

Once I had the sketch layers done in a way that looked good in motion I started.

I made 8 Layers (Front Wing, Back Wing, Front Mount Body, Back Mount Body, Rider, Lance, Shadow, Misc) and started spriting. I did the wings last, borrowing a few key poses from the Falco Knight, but the Falco Knight lacked wing poses for a lot of my needed Flap Positions so I had to sprite a lot of those.

Once the basic sprite was made I went back through and added shading and details. Then made sure the sprite was 15 colors (+1 for the background/transparency).

Then I tweak the frame speed, move the frames as needed, then export as an image sequence to script and insert into FEBuilder.

Then I remember I didnt make a Ranged or Dodge animation so I cobble something together real quick before I lose steam lol.

Once that’s done its just adjusting the frame speed for FeBuilder and adding sound effects until I am satisfied with the result. Then I export a gif from FeBuilder and that leaves me with this:

pakm_sw1

36 Likes

Probably a stupid question but where do you keep your more recent animations and stuff, they aren’t on the repo and your thread seems to only have links for the old ones