Necrosis Among the Living

dewhat
my English is not good, what does “de” mean?

It looks like a typo of the word “die”

1 Like

In chapter 19, you can just turn 1 seize on a random tile and win the chapter.

That is a typo, should be “die.”

But wtf. Those portraits are not mine. I have never seen them before. Did someone on their own effort design much nicer portraits for Aaron and Tethes? LOL Or are those ripped from another hack? (EDIT: Apparently they’re from the repo).

A leftover from testing. I’ll fix that and the typo for a new version. Thanks.

3 Likes

@Aegius

Just completed this hack and it was ok.
Story started out really good but at the ending gaiden chapters it completely lost my interest and i just had to rush to get it over. Really disliked those ending gaiden chapters my god. Gameplay was fine too and balanced throughout the whole game( very challenge) wich was nice, music was ok just evrything was ok until the ending.

Thank you though for this hack, it was ok to pass the time.

Loving the Hack so far. The increase in level cap helps for the units which get a couple of crap level ups. Also the terrain not affecting movement as much is a godsend.

Love the homage to FMA, DBZ and Gundam Wing.

In Chapter 10, you can seize a tile outside the door which I assume is unintended

You can also get multiple notes from the house where the enemy can flood the stage.

Cynthia (the archer) does not show up in the Support List

A quality of life patch to consider adding is the Talk and Growths one. Easily patch with Event Assembler.

Saves time in constantly checking the growths spreadsheet and recruitment info.

The Class preview at the end of Ch.14 is a nice touch…

Found a potentially game-breaking bug in Chapter 14, if you open either of these two chests while your character has a full inventory (5 items), then the cursor will freeze when you are trying to select which item to send to inventory.

Spoilers - Treasure Chest Pictures

The sprite animations continue to play in the background so it is not a total freeze but you can’t really do anything other than reset.

What I noticed is that both chests contained either a magic sword or bow which might be the issue. The other chests in the chapter did not cause the freeze.

A work-around is to reset and quickly press A when the cursor comes up to choose the item to send to the inventory.
You will always choose your currently equipped weapon or spell using this method but at least the game won’t freeze.

@Aegius, I found a way to fix the weapons rank and magic sword issue if you are still interested.

I did it in FEBuilder GBA

Here are the steps

1. Go to Tools → Patches, Type weapon rank in the search box and search

2. Uninstall these two patch

3. Install this patch and save the edit

4. Open an emulator in FEBuilder and create a save file (start the 1st chapter and check the weapon rank page) There should be 8 ranks shown. Close the emulator and go back to the patches page.

5. Install the previous two patches that you removed. You should have all 3 patches installed right now.

6. Save changes, start emulator and check weapon rank, should still show 8 ranks for each weapon. Close emulator and return to patches page

7. Uninstall the previous patch that you added. You should now be back where you started with the 2 patches.

8. Save changes, start emulator and check weapon rank, It should only show the respective rank for each character.

Ex:
image image

image image

Magic Sword Freezing Issue

1. Go to Tools → Patches, search “magic sword” and install that patch

2. Then, go to click this patch, Click “Data Expansion”

3. For Total number of new data to reallocate, choose 7 then click Reallocate data and repoint

4. Go back to the patches page and add the four magical swords that are missing (Mageslayer, Firebrand, Thunderbrand and Icebrand). The original three (Wind Sword, Runesword and Lightbrand are already there)

5. Set the values for each of them. For weapon type, MageSlayer is Light while Firebrand/Icebrand/Thunderbrand are Anima.

6. Save the changes and viola, it works perfectly on Phone emulators like MyBoy (No more Freezes)

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there, just downloaded this patch and on chapter 5, its good so far, I am enjoying it. I saw you said that the weapon level for mages shows weapons and you would work on that, were you able to get that sorted? I’d like to know their magic levels

I’m in Ch20. The screen froze in turn 3 enemy phase. I’ve tried to reset the rom or play the chapter again but the problem persists. I’m playing the rom in a mobile gba emulator. Very good hack by the way. WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free

In ch7 I lost Tethes inventory while reseting the chapter… I think it’s a bug. I had to restart playing a couple of times and didn’t realise that I was losing items

omit the graphic but you forget the ending of Alex, Marsil and Ray

Yo~ currently at chapter 9 here (or kinda) enjoying the game quite a bit so far. I really like the dialog on this one, feels well done.

Got the Tethes issue with him both de-levelling and also resetting him to his base stats (and starting items) however, after chapter 9, a bit of a bummer, I was gonna re-do the chapter later to continue but decided to stop the playthrough and re-do it in hard mode instead. Besides that, this one’s pretty good~

Just finished Atrocity of Love, rip gay rights.

Hey im super interested in both the main game and prequel but for some reason when i click on the links to download it says theyre deleted

Hi everyone who has posted/played over the last year. For some reason, FEU notifications began going to my spam folder in gmail. I had assumed there was just no one else playing/interested, and I didn’t realize people were posting with issues and questions until I checked the spam folder this morning. Apologies, it was not my intention to abandon this thread. I’m glad to see there was some level of interest.

I will be fixing up a few things as noted here, and applying @FE74ever’s fix to the weapon issues (thank you for that and your other notes, big ups to you). Links should be back up by Weds afternoon.

Hm, it’s been a while since I even opened Dropbox tbh. Not sure if they expire or the account goes inactive after a certain period. I’ve got to fix a few things, but I’ll put new links up within a day or two. Thanks for your interest.

Yep, basically lesbians ruined the world (disclaimer: in this hack, and that’s of course not supposed to be the literal takeaway from the prequel). Though if I recall the story correctly, one could argue it was actually the intolerance of their relationship that was the real cause!

2 Likes

Links are updated in top post.

I believe I have fixed most of the reported bugs (including implementing FE74ever’s fix). I have a new PC and seem to have lost all of my old saves, so I wasn’t able to test too much.

And I’m not quite sure about those few characters not showing up with ending cards - Alex and Ray should definitely be there and do have entries. But it looks like Marsil wasn’t even in the editor for some reason - I’ve added him in, but I’m not sure what would cause the former two not to appear. Will look into it further.

@Silas1 That link has expired - if that issue is still present and prevents progress, please upload it again and I’ll take a look ASAP.

@TheBest41 main hack & prequel

I’m also going to do a fresh playthrough over the next few weeks, partially with the intention of further bug fixing, cleaning up dialogue errors, and maybe some light re-balancing and event smoothing.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Cant wait to try this out

1 Like

FYI: The download link for the prequel is dead in the OP. I did get the file from your last post.

Edit: Actually, you have 2 links for the prequel in the OP. The 2nd one, under “Atrocity of Love - prequel archive” is dead.

The main link at the top should still be active. The archive section is mostly for lore and explaining why there is a prequel; I shouldn’t have left a DL link there, will delete it. Thanks for playing!

Playing through the hack has taken a bit longer than intended due to work, but I expect to upload new versions with minor adjustments (mostly light text/dialogue edits and corrections) later this month.