Myth of Blight. (Full Game out!) [42 Chapters]

Don’t worry too much about it, those units are generally weaker then others on the map and weighed down pretty hard by their weapons.

So I’ve been playing up to 1-4 and until now it was relatively smooth, but i’m genuinely confused as to why a rout map has this many reinforcements in a short span of 5 turns when you only have 9 units, 1 who can’t even attack and green units who move after enemies that can miss so they aren’t very reliable either. All of this combined with the map being HUGE i would really suggest either toning down the reinforcements or change the map objective to defense instead of rout
myth_of_blight_29
myth_of_blight_28

1 Like

That issue is already dealt with in the next update.
It has been dealt with for a while now.

1 Like

While thats good to hear and i do understand you want to work on the next update, the fact this map is so early on in the game and it being this big of a turn off in my opinion could make players with less tolerance just outright stop playing the hack out of frustration. I feel like it would be a better alternative to fix (reasonable) issues as they happen and then do big updates after the general gameplay is more smooth so players dont have to wait for balance changes in the future that can potentially halt progress.

1 Like

Still trying to ironman the game, not blind anymore because this game is a lot more fun from an optimization perspective.

1-4 is the best earlygame chapter because it has so many reinforcements. I like not having to worry about milking every little bit of exp early on. It feels like a donkey kong banana minigame where I’m just trying to grab the bananas I can and that’s a fun change of pace. I think the issue is people don’t know how to pull green units around and I could see it getting hard if you don’t know that and they all end up on 1 side or something. I can reliably have the knight, mage, and shaman to different chokepoints and separate zephiel and the mom to different sides of the map while having the healers mainly healing my units. I also promote jackson to hero before this chapter starts which makes the damage output a lot better, he is one of the best units to lvl 10 promote I’ve ever seen because of the skill. Payla is the easy choice to send top while keeping everyone else on the bottom, she can still get back in time to get her boss exp. Not sure why the thief comes with an undroppable silencer but its probably good because i’d have to wait up there for 2-3 turns for him to spawn which would be annoying. Still, I can’t imagine anyone has ever sent a magic user up there so I don’t get the point.

The irritating part about this chapter is it is not explained whether the gem in the chest is an emerald or sapphire. I thought it was about overall turncount for a while but its not because I had a really fast run and it still gave me a sapphire. I just reset to the prologue whenever i get a sapphire because it is a HUGE disadvantage. If its about how many green units have died or is random it pretty much ruins the chapter for me completely because of the costly rng and I might wait for a fix to play again. 5000 gold is too much to not know why its there or not especially when early shops are so op selling siege tomes and brave swords.

Another problem is the monk switches to shade even if you put a dark tome in range of it which is pretty lame. It shouldn’t be holding multiple items if its not going to go for the optimal triangle advantage because it makes everything a turn slower having to run back just to avoid it.

Unrelated, I’m wondering if generals get a special skill because I’ve never seen a reason to promote mio to anything but the cav, but if there’s a +4 def bonus to ajacent allies then its actually probably better to go knight.

I had the same reaction to this and a LOT of the chapters in part 1 and 2 :rofl:

the chest in 1-4 is a random gem chest.

random between ruby, sapphire, and an emerald.

the rng for them is set every turn, so you can manipulate the rng a little to get the right gem you want.

I like objectives to be given based on how well the player did, like the master seal in chapter 2 even though its not believable in the slightest those guys with the dumbest conceivable armor were able to see it in the dirt. This whole kingdom deserves to lose to the bad guys for that armor choice, covers the 1 spot armor shouldn’t cover and leaves them completely defenseless otherwise. Anyway, I might try it again even though it seems like a 7500 gold swing that early in the game shouldn’t be a lottery ticket, I’d rather arriving early is a white gem and arriving late is a red gem with some text about getting to the chest quickly. Is it a ruby on turn 1, sapphire turn 2, emerald turn 3 and so on or is it a different cycle? I think I might be getting the sapphire when I arrive earlier than usual which feels bad.

I have some other feedback too on other early chapters:

Prologue:
Skipping the talking after defeating the first boss turns the wyverns green and they attack kalvin which is kind of annoying.

Chapter 1:
With more replays this is the weakest chapter where many turns are wasted waiting for reinforcements and farming them. The prologue is enough for the rng manipulators since its 1700 experience to play with, chapter 1 should be a real chapter.

Chapter 3:
The knife on chapter 3 is highly rng dependent and its pretty stupid the soldier has to go recruit the archer after being recruited, just make both of them join at once. Its easier moving the green units in the castle chapter than making sure the soldier is still in range of the archer after the first green unit turn because its rng dependent on 4 or 5 ~80’s hitting or missing with only 1 turn to set it up. If the soldier is not in range of the archer it can be pretty annoying. Maybe its an issue with my current setup forcing the thief down instead of up, but i think relying on the new recruits to kill the thief should be how the chapter works since they are both good against thieves.

Story: There’s just too much filler text, in the prologue the whole story is they train then decide to go on a mission but it takes like 10 minutes to explain with characters even quoting the exact dialogue other characters already said.

2 Likes

On 1-9 and I must say, incredible hack, might be the best I have ever played.
I’m a huge storyline guy and this story is simply interesting as hell and sometimes I want to read more than I want to play. Not very text heavy either gets straight to the point. Only criticism is that there are too much going on in cutscenes. I go from a castle setting to a town setting to a forest setting in a span of 5 mins and events happen too quickly.
Gameplay wise, only con is sometimes I feel enemies are wayyy too overpowered. An overall nerfs in enemy speed would be great. Or maybe lower the S rank weapons in the early game. But all in all nothing impossible, I actually enjoy the challenge.

2 Likes

What do you guys think of this?
Context: More desert treasure will be added in the update.
But one of these is in the sand since the start.
Which one is it?
Desert treasure

2 Likes
Summary

The warp staff.

1 Like

@helix0981 Thanks for this hack.

1 Like

Small update for now: I have been pretty slow as of late, I have been losing a
bit of steam for the Onyx kings’ contract mode.
So I have been working on a side project to get back into the swing of things.

Update you guys in a few days!

6 Likes

It’s all good, take your time with that update so it can be the best it can be. Absolutely fantastic job on the main hack though, been enjoying it tremendously.

3 Likes

Where is the escape tile?? (3-1)
There is no indication.

Might wait for the update on this one.

Bruh… It tells you in the start event what you have to do and where the escape point is.

Now I will say, if you skip the start event the tile is obfuscated by the guy standing on it.

However, logic should dictate it wouldn’t be near your starting point.

Here’s a hint, the boss reinforces on top of it.

1 Like

A few things to note.

For some reason i would get a BIOS error when defeating Boral the first time, the exact layout that caused it was (due to not screenshotting it) bea ended under him, Kane on his right and Kalvin triggering the transition on his left.

After tinkering with it with a lucky savestate i made, for whatever reason if Kane AND Bea are placed in this exact way it it tries to move ellis to an invalid tile and breaks.

Two other irritations, Kiko becomes almost entirely reliant on setup for kills once at T3 due to easily capping her skill with a skill that inflicts petrify forcing combat to end, Black Magic has the same issue but with a 1/4 chance of a full attack due to poison not forcing it to end.

And Callos’s reinforment becomes worthless at level 20 due to suddenly equipping a frost saber with 11 magic.

That is strange… The Boral fight never had any issues for me.
As for the summon for Callos, I already changed the weapon they spawn with
to a tempest blade instead.