Myth of Blight. (Full Game out!) [42 Chapters]

How to finish chapter 1:4 please suggest me. Too many enemy.

Been playing this game, and I just read chapter 2-1’s starting dialogue.

Holy shit. Is that based on Stan and Sam? You know, from the Salt Raiders?

A little yeah, the banter was just too good.
And accurate for the portrayal of the characters I wanted to go for.
When I was thinking about how part 2 should start, I
remembered the clip and wanted to try it to
see if it just works. Honestly, it fits a bit.

I’m sorry, what?

That chapter is really annoying. What I did was deploy Payla, Mio, Guinea, Cynthia, and Nicolas on the right side and others on the left side. Rush Payla down the right corridor with javelins, then swordspear the knights and the boss. Kalvin and the left team worked their way down the left corridor, destroying the reinforcements with fire and wind magic. The pirate will suicide on Payla rather than open the door, you can decide whether to use his key to open it yourself or not. Have the (weaker) right squad stay put and kill the mercenaries and knights as they come, using Guinea to heal but be sure to keep her out of range of the right corridor wyvern rider reinforcements with javelins, they can sneak up and oneshot her. When those reinforcements do start to come (I think around turn 10) pull back everyone to the start and just then. when it seems bleak, all enemy reinforcements stop, apart from some fliers from the very bottom of the map which you can easily chokepoint by opening the door. Meanwhile the green units should have dealt with the top half of the map. I tried intercepting the thief, but wasn’t able to find the right time. Too early and you’d have the enemies spawning on top of you, too late and the green units kill the thief. .

I’d have more to rant about like the time I tried going to the top half of the map Valos went to the bottom and killed the boss on the very last turn, taking the Master Seal from his own son!

1 Like

The reason why you can steal from allies is because I used a patch that allows stealing
items from NPC units since there will be a time that will come into play.

The contract update will have the reinforcements tweaked a bit.
So chapter 1-4 will have slightly less reinforcements.

2 Likes

Look really good, but I think it needs some balance, you can’t have a random enemy with a legendary S class weapon in the middle of a map like 1-7, your characters are strong yes, but the enemies are stronger.
It would be interesting to balance it a bit with more difficulty modes.

Game looks fun and interesting and I want to give it a shot but the concerns about balance have me apprehensive

Its fine, pedroos20 was technically incorrect with his statement.

There are S class weapons that while having the legendary swheen effect, are not legendary weapons themselves, and are usually held by weaker foes mainly to catch the player unaware.

Its difficulty curve honestly rewards a slow burn on any map without a time limit to milk exp out of the reinforcements. To further aid my point, literally everyone I had in part one and part two hit level 20 before promotion.

But I will say its bull to give enemy unpromoted units access to S rank weapons when the player is capped at B rank until 1st promotion.

2 Likes

I initially wrote a much lengthier review but to sum it up:
Overall it’s pretty good. Endgame is a let down.
Weapon ranks are increased or capped upon promotion, very good.

///////////////////////////spoilers////////////////////////////////////////////
/
/
/
/
/
/
Kane can’t steal the fire emblem back from oleh, don’t know if this is intentional or not. They both had 50 spd (capped). The outcome was oleh healing herself a morbillion times until I got tired and rigged a crit with the prisma to finish the chapter.

Nihil weapons not working against blight bosses is lame

Skills being nullified by bosses who have nihil is lame

Non protag units simply don’t interact with endgame bosses. Incredibly lame.

Too many HP sponge orbs in endgame, overall superficial chapters with bad map design.

Went downhill from the prep chapter that lets you max out all your units levels and equipment, only for the following map design not being challenging enough to warrant it.
It’s too scripted.

One map is literally just 10 guys running at you with S Rank weapons on a flat map with a stationary boss.

End game difficulty is in this weird limbo where you need you units maxed and armed to the teeth to take out steroid bosses, and other times it’s just deploy as little units as possbile with 1-2 range and spam end turn.

Storywise, it’s definitely one of them. Telling a good story on the GBA engine is an uphill battle in itself though.

1 Like

I only have one questions so far, why are enemy halberdiers of such a higher quality then the rest of the enemy units I’ve faced.

I mean, a few of them even rival the bosses of the chapters In part 3 so far, its really strange.

that was fixed already.
They will have more balanced stats in the update.

1 Like

Ah, not complaining to be clear, was just wondering. Clearing them out always became a priority due to the threat they posed with crit.

I honestly think a few maps could due with some mini-boss grade foes, which is what I’d consider them currently.

I know you’re not complaining, just saying they are fixed.
Like this, this is what they have now.
Myth of Blight Full game-45

Much more manageable compared to the ones on that throne defense map, those three were where I first noticed their higher stats due to some of my mages suddenly doing 10 damage with el-tomes.

Well, either way I am still really enjoying myself even if Pavise is still irksome from time to time.

Ok, at the preps chapter now, and all I find myself irked by now is how slow supports grow, and after looking at them, growing by only one point for a lot of them is a bit…crap.

Decided to go ahead and download the game as is right now before the update, at chapter 1-6 currently and umm…it is interesting. I will say that.

Oh yeah, the Memezerker. Well you have an archer, i think the market or weapon shop sells longbows. Hint hint.

Don’t worry though, it only gets harder from there.

…How and why are there random tier 1 units SEVEN chapters into the game with S rank weapons???