Myth of Blight. (Full Game out!) [42 Chapters]

Side project Spoilers (Only open if you want to know)

Here, have a sneak peek at the side project I’m doing.
Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones Boss Recruitment-0
Due to some chapters having only generic monster bosses, and some chapters
have bosses that due to story reasons, must die and thus,
I have made some extra bosses fill in the spots.
Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones Boss Recruitment-1Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones Boss Recruitment-2
Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones Boss Recruitment-3Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones Boss Recruitment-4
Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones Boss Recruitment-5Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones Boss Recruitment-6
Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones Boss Recruitment-7Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones Boss Recruitment-8
Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones Boss Recruitment-9Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones Boss Recruitment-10
Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones Boss Recruitment-11Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones Boss Recruitment-12
Extra Bosses are being tweaked.
Image shown is not final.

4 Likes

I finagled things and was able to re-create the exact layout that caused the bios error.

X Myth of Blights-1

for whatever reason after looking into the event in the emulator debugger I think its because Ellis is sent to X(7) Y(0) which if I remember my graphing is an invalid tile.

however if I do this:
X Myth of Blights-4

then it does continue the event, but Ellis ends up here.
X Myth of Blights-5

he’s the only one who gets moved so strangely, it may just be a slight oversight you never noticed. due to already knowing the positions that Bea and Kane get swapped to and didn’t place them like I did. which is somehow the primer for this error. since attacking with Kane for set up damage and placing him where he would be moved to doesn’t cause the error.

That’s bizarre, I tested the event with him before and it never did this.
I looked at the event and now suddenly it shows him in an invalid spot.
I never set him to do that. Maybe it bugged and changed his position.
And if you think that isn’t possible, just note that while I was working on this hack,
from time to time random bits of shuffled letters and symbols would appear in some
of the text slots in the editor, and touching them caused some of the
patches to break and be forced to re-install and some of the character data
will randomly get skills with random level requirements such as canto+
at lv.38 and again, touching them will cause something to break.
So this must have happened and I didn’t know about it.

Besides, why would I even put him there in that specific spot?

Well, like I said. It only happened under a very specific setup one of which locks up and the other at least is still playable. So its not the end of the world.

Plus if i hadn’t deployed Ellis I never would have encountered this particular bug. So a lucky catch I suppose.

While I may not know a lot about hack configurations I totally understand wonky stuff happens all the time, but that’s why i brought it up. Who knows how many people trying to figure out this same issue didn’t bother reporting it, and who knows how many I just told a work-around for it.

1 Like

Ok, now that I’ve finished this behemoth of a hack I feel like giving some of my feelings on it.

Story:

The Beginning honestly feels like a drag chute early on with a lot of names and places being thrown around. It was also slightly surreal having the events being told to me summarised before the actual events occurred. The narrative being broken up into 3 parts was interesting, however I felt parts 1 and 2 should have been happening simultaneously with how little the events of part 1 matter to it. Overall I did enjoy the story fairly well, even if it was tripping over itself from time to time.

Gameplay:

Here’s where the real meat of this monster comes in. While on the whole every map works I felt that some of the maps just took forever to clear. Due in part to either the map being a bit too big or having to wait for certain reinforcements for a thief to show up in part 1 (had a chest key but no door keys, it taunted me for 12 turns, 10 for the thief to spawn 2 to open the damned door). Part 2 was better but replaced the large map with heavy enemy density, the prelims map was certainly a hassle due to just the sheer number of guys to deal with on top of your limited effective weapons. Part 3 starts off kind of rough with having 2 thieves a dancer and a warrior but once you start getting other units back it gets manageable.

Mechanics wise my only real gripe was the Nihil weapons granting Foresight. With how crit heavy and skill-proc heavy some of your units become seeing these weapons became a pain in my ass. Pavise being almost as bad, having several generals and marshals chain proc pavise without many mages was a headache, would have just preferred them to keep Barricade.

Also some skills just felt like downgrades to me, like going from astra to double-lion sounds good at first but then shelli caps her skill at 49 and it kinda hits you she’d get way more out of astra from such a high proc chance, even with halved might. Mio’s personal skill is completely useless until the last two chapter of part 1 and almost completely in part 3, and even then only helps if you turned her into an armor knight herself.

However one character strikes me as a baffling unit, Yardan. He’s the only unit you get who has a choice on promotion and isn’t really suited to the only exclusive class he gets, which gives him access to anima with an extremely low magic stat and growth. He and the cavilier both just severely under performed for me, only two units with under 40 in their attacking stats out of my entire army, so i couldn’t do much with them. Bereth and Vein are also contenders for bench warmers, Bereth speed base and growth are so rough only speedwings guarentee he isn’t doubled by everything and Vein can barely qualify as an attacker with that strength.

The preperation chapter was a really nice idea even if the auto leveler took 8-ish minutes to actually level every one 3 levels. (Played EDF while waiting)

Characters:

Not much to say here, without supports its hard to get a real feel for these characters personalities. I know that there was limitations, still kinda make the cast at large feel faceless though.

Ending Thoughts:

I did really enjoy myself even if some of this came off as harsh or like I didn’t like it. I always find hacks that are more girthy to be enjoyable compared to a 10-chapter one. I know everyone has their own preferences on length but thats just my opinion. So I can safely say whatever you’re cooking up next, count me among those waiting.

2 Likes

This is a list of the growths for the side project.

Side project Growths list. (Don't open if you don't want spoilers)

Boss set 1 [HP][Str][Skl][Spd][Def][Res][Luk]

O’Neil: [75][50][35][35][25][15][35]

Breguet: [85][45][40][25][55][15][35]

Bone: [65][55][15][35][35][20][45]

Bazba: [70][75][55][30][30][30][30]

Jinka: [75][45][40][40][25][20][35]

Boss set 2 [HP][Str][Skl][Spd][Def][Res][Luk]

Saar: [95][55][40][25][65][15][40]

Zonta: [55][45][50][45][30][25][30]

Novala: [35][50][35][30][10][55][60]

Murray: [65][45][50][40][30][20][40]

Tirado: [60][50][50][10][55][15][30]

Boss set 3 [HP][Str][Skl][Spd][Def][Res][Luk]

Binks: [55][65][40][35][25][25][35]

Pablo: [30][40][45][40][15][65][35]

Burk: [65][65][50][45][25][10][25]

Vicktor: [95][35][45][35][40][15][35]

Gheb: [55][50][40][35][35][25][45]

Beran: [40][40][65][45][25][15][50]

Lorac: [60][25][75][65][35][30][45]

Zeik: [60][65][40][35][35][75][60]

Boss set 4 [HP][Str][Skl][Spd][Def][Res][Luk]

Aias: [75][55][35][35][45][25][30]

Carlyle: [35][40][75][75][20][20][25]

Valter: [80][40][55][50][20][20][15]
Or
Caellach: [85][50][45][45][30][20][20]

Orson: [80][55][45][40][45][30][25]

Evan: [85][35][40][35][60][15][35]

Nico: [115][80][70][60][55][50][70]

Boss set 5 [HP][Str][Skl][Spd][Def][Res][Luk]

Alanna: [60][35][45][40][35][15][40]

Lorenz: [35][65][40][35][15][35][40]

Zoldan: [25][15][10][20][15][15][25]

Riev: [75][45][50][40][20][45][15]

Special set [HP][Str][Skl][Spd][Def][Res][Luk]

???: [60][75][30][40][40][20][35]

1 Like

Hi, just started playing the hack and so far, I’m enjoying it very much. However, I just reached chapter 1-8 where you have to rescue Duke Oceiros and ran into anannoying thing. For some reason the movement pattern of him and his guard is very erratic, one turn they want to go to the enemies outside the castle and the next they run for the throne room, rinse and repeat for about 30 turns.

This happened at the end of the chapter after I had killed everything inside the castle and positioning Kalvin in various spots just outside the throne, within the room and even next to the throne and nothing. One turn they move towards the throne room and the next they doubled back.
It didn’t ruin anything but was really annoying and made the chapter longer than it needed to be.
Also out of curiosity, and if it’s not spoiling anything, could you tell me what weapon the duke was talking about. I used up all my money in the previous chapter and couldn’t pay the well.

It was a sleep staff I had the same problem with the Duke myself.

Thanks for the info. About the duke I just spammed end turn he finally ‘seized’ the throne at turn 58. I think it took him 40 turns or so make it there.

At the last chapter of part 1 and have a question regarding the convoy. I’m aware that the hack has different parties that then come together later in the game. How will the convoy work, I’m asking specifically because of the stat boosters I have right now.
I have an habit of using stat boosters near the end of the game but if they disappear between parts then I will just use them right now.

I’ve got to part 2 end and I have to say I want to like this hack but I feel it throws way too much at you way too fast. Even playing on normal mode feels like radiant dawn japan hard mode but on crack and maybe that’s what you were going for which, fair, but it doesn’t make for an enjoyable experience. At least to me. it needs SOME kind of balance (seriously some the chapters and enemies in part 1 and 2 are ridiculous given your overall player power level) badly which, based on posts by the creator, have been addressed in the next update so that’s good and personally I’ve postponed playing further until then.

Me now playing chapter 25x. Anyone have 25x map for hidden items in Desert.

There is only one item in the desert at the moment.
It is between the two entry points for the fort, it is against the wall.

Help me again. Chapter 25x how to escape cane? Two cavalry guys is really hard. Cane dying Everytime.

…You’re having trouble…on the stealth trial?
The easiest map in the hack…?
…Sorry, I’m just baffled at that.

All you need to do, is not fight anyone BUT the hero.
Once you get to him, steal his hoplon and kill him.
then you open the door and escape.
It’s that easy.

I will say, it isn’t 100% clear how they move since they move only once you’re close enough.

Similarly during Bea’s trial some of the Heroes are just close enough together that some of the false ones can’t be fought without pulling real ones due to the 3 tile distance you have to make to pull them, the pressure caused by the Blight-Knights kinda prevents you from taking it slow enough to completely navigate them safely.

I was lucky enough for my Bea to be fast enough that she doubled every single hero and had enough avoid that even with capped skill the mostly had 49-56 hit.

The heroes in Bea’s trial were gutted in speed and defense by design.
It is to ensure she can clear the trial without much issue.

Yeah, but she was really only just fast enough. If my Bea got speed or strength screwed that could have been a softlock at best. Maps like those can end up being insanely volatile depending on your level ups. it’s just the risk of Solo maps.

Now granted I likely got lucky with a bea that was 1 point shy of capped speed by end game.

Also I thought that sprite for her T3 was goddamned adorable if a bit jarring.

say less. the apparent difficulty here has me itching to try this hack. challenge accepted!

Perhaps I’m just dense, but I simply cannot figure out chapter 1-4. Is it a rout map? Defeat boss map? There are simply too many reinforcements and none of my units save for Payla are able to tank. Please help.