Myth of Blight. (Full Game out!) [42 Chapters]

Even better, a battle prep chapter.
That lets you take as long as you want to train units.
It straight up tells you to train everyone.

2 Likes

I think if you have enough flags left, disbursing stat boosters based on how many units have less than (x) lifetime levels might save the player some time and headaches and allow for more flexibility with the attack method on the boss. Niche skills/units might suddenly become really useful for a cheese strategy etc.

2 Likes

So, I just started this and wanted to say first of all, good job. Now to share my opinions and critiques [dont take it too hard, and if you dont like it, just consider them my opinion and preference].

1. Letā€™s start with the chars. Well, I dont want to be overly harsh but they have little to no depth to them. This is an ongoing project and you probably havent refined it yet, so thats most likely the reason but I wanted to bring it to your attention nonetheless. You need to give them conflicts, inner and outer, doubts, desires, likes and dislikes, opinions on small matters.

2. Next, the writing. Itā€™s very long winded and unrealistic tbh. Not talking about the plot, just the writing itself. The way the dialogues deliver seems unnatural. The way chars talk doesnt match, many times, their relationships. For eg., mcā€™s mother and father, their conversation felt flat. Their sudden outburst when mc was in danger felt childish, and despite being the king and the queen, they felt like mcā€™s retainers tbh, their char had no importance. Another example is the exposition about that angelā€™s tears or something when that named char explains about it to mc, very unnatural way of delivering info.

3. Onto maps and class designs. Some maps were good, like the first one, but some were not so. This also relates to the class design so let me get to that first. Mc upgrades to a mounted mage type, and the immediate next ch, you gave us a rain map.
    Thereā€™s this thing in games, Im not an expert on it but I know of it, to have the new char appeal to the players. Like if youā€™re giving the player a new myrmidon in a ch, then fill that ch with axe users and show off that myrmidonā€™s prowess. But you did the exact opposite. Mc upgrades to a mounted mage [which btw I really dislike, but thats preference], we get him in a new class, and the next map heā€™s hampered as hell, cant even move him 2 spaces forward, not to mention shit tons of enemies with cheat level weapons who can easily slaughter him.
    Apart from that, I would like to comment on his mounted animation too. Its very robotic tbh, he was much better as a spellblade. And that critical attack, I know what youā€™re getting at by shaking the screen when he does critical, Ive seen it in many other hacks, but that only works when theyā€™re fighting on those two platforms, which youā€™ve removed. So now, all we get is the enemy shaking like an epilepsy patient, and did I say mc feels robotic in all that.

4. Next up, the power scaling and enemies. I get the powerful enemies and bringing out the big guns from the get go, the s rank stuff and all. Almost all players of fire emblem are grinding gods, and we all do rng manipulation, so our favored units most of the time churns out a god. But you kind of overdid it at times. A couple is fine, but if 50% of the enemies on the map has something that can slaughter even the best of your units, then you would lose the players in frustration.

Well, thatā€™ll be all for now. Iā€™m still on the 9th ch [or was it 10]. Iā€™ll play ahead and leave another review if I have time and if you want [I can piss off too if you dont want it, Iā€™ll be on my way then]. Overall, despite my critiques, its still a good game, esp the mage mc. I love mage type chars, in fe or otherwise, but we never had any mage mc in main fe games [dont count the one from radiant dawn, ike was the only mc for me]. So kudos on that, and keep up the good job. [and if possible, I hope we can get a non-mounted option for mc, I really dont like mounted mages, just a plea.]

1 Like

Can you please add fixed growth version

Someone got to it before me, also up to 1-9 and have to echo this sentiment. Iā€™ve enjoyed it a lot so far, but the power scaling is a little frustrating. I think a fix for this, while retaining the idea of difficulty you have in mind is just give them silvers instead. At the moment it is a little much, and this is compounded by the lack of shops/funds given. It becomes this scenario where our MC is a literal lord and his group has middling funds/weapons while bandits have S rank weapons. Really messes with the immersion.

I think this can be remedied by adding armory to the preps and providing a little more gold. Idk what you want to do about the S rank weapons, I personally just opened up builder and changed the stats of the S rank weapons to that of silvers. The difficulty is still there, but it feels fair.

Also a few bugs Iā€™ve noticed. When Oirceses dies, there is no death quote, or game over prompt. It is softlocked but I think you meant to put a game over here.
And in 1-B, game freezes on enemy phase turn 7 where legion appears if there is a unit blocking said space.

1 Like

So I finished part-1. Is part-2 not available yet?

The demo only has part 1.
The rest of the hack is almost complete.
Just need to finish making the ending.
And donā€™t worry, the power scaling for part 1 is dialed back a bit, and some of the rubies you get in the later chapters of part 1 are changed to sapphires.

By the by, I wanted to know from those that tried the Markets,
what do you think of the idea of turning the Secret Shops into
Markets?
Markets are the only shop type to sell unique weapons such as Brave, Killer, etc.
What do you think?

What?! I thought I did put a death quote on him!
Guess I over-sighted that BAD.
Also, the Legion spawn will be fixed so that any unit within range will move away
so he can spawn correctly.

(I need to stop forgetting.)
One more thing, once I finish the ending and making sure it functions,
my team and I have to do one more run-through just to make sure
it is stable.
You can never be too safe.

1 Like

I see, well I was beginning to like it. Anyway, cant wait to play it once its done. Also, is there really no possibility of a non-mounted promotion option for mc? I know its a bit too much to ask but ask is the only thing I can do.

Sadly no, but if you are curious about his T3 promo, (even though itā€™s still a mount) he does get
immunity to horse slaying weapons and his weakness to fire is removed as well.
Also, it gets the Mage knight/Arcane Knight Canto+ skill.
As well as, access to staves and all magic types.
Pretty much making him a ā€œMulti-use hit and runā€ type unit.
The T3 class in question is called ā€œArcane emperor.ā€
Also, the constant screen shake issue with MCs crit animation is also dealt with.
Now it just shakes once then launches.

Well I guess I hv to make do with the mc just being a mage type. Btw, whatā€™s the eta for a complete release, or the next release, complete or incomplete.

Iā€™m about halfway into finishing the ending.
(Itā€™s a bit of a long event.)
Then there is the re-testing for refinement.
Then the wait on the team to finish their runs.
Then finally to add the credits necessary for the resources and helpers into the download of the patch.
So it will be a bit, but Iā€™ll announce the release date when that is done.

But Iā€™ll try to aim for a release before the end of the month.

2 Likes

Nice. Iā€™ll be waiting eagerly.

Updated title.
Re-playing to find bugs or other issues.

2 Likes

Question. Will data from the demo be transferrable over to the finished game, or will we need to restart?

I Heavily advise against using the demo save.
Some of the content in part 1 was changed and some issues will arise from using a save from an old version of the hack.

I know it is irksome, but it has to be like that.
Sorry.

2 Likes

Noted. I havenā€™t played the demo except for like, 1 chapter. I thought that would be a possibility so Iā€™m holding off until the full release. Thanks for the timely response. Good luck with the final touches and hope for a swell release!

2 Likes

Updateā€¦

3 Likes