Myth of Blight. (Full Game out!) [42 Chapters]

I’ve been having a good time playing this hack so far, but I do want to share a few relatively major complaints that I hope will be fixed whenever you get around to releasing that final update.

WARNING: ANGRY RANT ALERT

This is a complaint I have seen before, but I really do have to stress that 1-8 is broken. After clearing out the map and freeing and talking to Oceiros, he decides to walk ALMOST to the throne room, and then do nothing for 50 goddamn turns. 50 TURNS. I actually was considering restarting and losing my progress, but he finally decided to wake up from his fucking afternoon nap and touch the stupid chair to allow me to play the rest of the goddamn game. I’m glad that this isn’t a softlock, but this seriously should be addressed.

Also, I know you’ve heard this before, but Halberdiers are stupidly buff. I understand that you nerfed their stats, but like… have you seen them?!

Halberdier Comparison

These Halberdier stats are actually comparable to the boss of the chapter. Obviously, the boss has a lot more HP and a bit more spd, but the Halberdier has much more luck, resistance, and strength. THESE UNITS SHOULD NOT BE THIS COMPARABLE! And its not even a case of pre-promotes in this hack being too strong, because the warrior’s stats are far worse despite being 2 levels HIGHER. I think a slight nerf to speed, and a major nerf to their defense and/or resistance is warranted (You can make them more res tanky if you’d like to differentiate them from Generals).

And just to round out this rant with a relatively minor complaint, I don’t know why you decided to both bar access to the armory (in the first part anyway, I haven’t finished 1-Boss yet) as well as cut off access to regular iron weaponry / base tomes after the first few shops. If you could just… leave iron weapons / base tomes in the later shops AND/OR give us access to the armory that has those weapons once the merchant tags along with us, that would be so much better.

6 Likes

Hey seems cool are there supports in this game?

No support dialogues but have support ranks.

2 Likes

Sooooo does that mean no paired endings? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think it has no endings, I have played through this hack twice. And I think the plot is spectacular, the feeling is like i played the FE10 first time. Just enjoy the story!

completely agree with everything.

Spoilers

So is there a reason for the small party for so long? Like is it to display how close this small gets or something. I know it’s a lot of chapters so plenty of time to get people. Like I am on chapter 1-8 and I still have the same people I have had since the 2nd chapter. Not even a thief when we already have no armory and such little money. I am more so just curious to the thought process and if I missed anyone.

When do you get a thief I still dont have one in chp 1-8

Is there a way to get Yardavich in chp 1-7?

The first thief is in Section 2. But nearly nothing to steal.
You will get two thieves from Ch.3-1.

Yaradavich in Ch.1-7 is a boss, and you should kill him within 17 turns. He can’t join us.

Okay so I am having a huge problem on 2-E. So, the green units are strong but dumb They are little bottlenecked by a sage and the only one tryingto damage him is hlbringer with a freaking flame lance…The queen is choosing to attack everyone around it and literally wasting so many turns when we have a TIME LIMIT and literally nothing I can do bout it since it’s required to have the green units finish that side.

1 Like

Funtastic Game :slight_smile:

So far I’m having fun with this hack although I have an issue with the steal command

No honor among thieves I guess

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone aid me in how to download Myth of Blight if I am using Openemu, I usually just patch, any help would be appreciated.

Openemu just tells me no valid system detected when I drop in the download.

excuse me,but only the warp staff is available in the patch?

Is there an adjustable difficulty?

So is 1-4 supposed to have reinforcements that seemingly spawn on every turn? Cause I’m eight turns in and they’re still spawning

As someone who got through that particular chapter:
They’re not endless but they do spawn in a lot.

Honestly, 1-4 is just… it’s a terrible chapter. (Seperated from previous post as that was a reply to someone else).

Here’s why (spoilers):

Spoilers for 1-4

Myth of Blight_1700593943143

This is not okay for several reasons.

He’s level 20 while your units at most are maybenin the high single digits/early tens. Most of your units also have trouble damaging him, save for the Jeigan.

Oh, and they move when they’re in range, they have 1-2 range, and they can’t really be doubled effectively because Barricade means they take half damage from the second hit.

And that personal skill-
ABSOLUTELY not okay, especially not when there’s no Restore staffs available. Silence and poison are one thing, but if it inflicts Berserk, Sleep, or heaven forbid, Stone?

Forget it. Reset if that happwns or load last savestate. No battle this early in the game should have RNG like this. (Especially since this boss can get a decent hit rate on and even double certain units).

This boss is also stupidly tanky- like “the Jeigan cannot one round them” tanky; in no small part due to Barricade and that ridiculous amount of HP.

This is also on top of the map being an extremely brutal grind for this early in the game- you have no defensive terrain to work with, a lot of enemies that can and will fuck you up if you got statscrewed, or else overwhelm you and you dont exactly have bodies to spare (about seven units in all total).

The map is also stupidly large too- as even though the Green units can clear the top half, it’s still not good design in my book.

Especially not that room with the Chest in it- I gave up on it because I had to focus everything on handling the tide of enemies from the south to avoid getting flanked; and the worst part is, it’s locked behind a door.

And no enemy drops a door key in the maps prior; you only get a door key in this chapter.

And those enemies that drop it spawn in the south; while the chest room is to the north.

So to get the chest before the thief; even though you have a generous amount of time, you need to essentially bumrush a bunch of enemies you can’t afford to, then go in the opposite direction to try and get there in time.

Oh and in the meantime avoid getting your ass kicked by the constant tide of reinforcements that show up that includes Knights (whose Barricade makes them monsters to deal with), Wyvern Riders, Shamans (who can come with either Dark or Anima magic), Monks, Mercenaries, and probably others I’m forgetting about.

You also don’t get Armory access in the prep screen (although this happens in prior chapters as well)- so if you forgot to buy more weapons last chapter, well…

Hope you have enough uses on what you have to deal with a staggering amount of foes; or else prepare to replay the last chapter again.

This was not a fun chapter, needless to say.

And without the allied green units, this would have actually been even worse.

A lot of this I realize needs images to contextualize this; but I’m on data rn and this needs a lot of images to properly convey, so… yeah.

The map flow of this chapter is terrible as well and unintuitive IMO- usually for rout maps; you’re not really supposed to let green units take the lead… but you have to here.

The design of this map also feels more like a Defend and/or Survive chapter moreso than a Rout; which also screws with, I think, the flow of it. Especially with all the other stuff put together-
Next to no offensive terrain in the south side to really hunker down on, a chest, a boss that moves, and the risk of being flanked on three sides with a lack of chokepoints to really hold back the foes with just does not make for a fun experience.

This feels like Maniac Mode Clash- a giant dump of enemies in essentially a wide open field where there’s not so much strategy as it is just luck and hoping to god that you can make enough of a dent fast enough to avoid getting overwhelmed.

Also: no earlygame boss should require the Jeigan to take down in a realistic amount of time. Boss kills are importsnt sources of exp for your lesser units in the earlygame- and while leveling your Jeigan is important in some games (including this one), it shouldn’t be catered to like this.

TL;DR: This map’s flow is awful because of how large it is, the sheer enemy density, the lack of tools you have to work with, and the boss is a pain no matter how you look at it.

I have other issues with this hack so far (currently on I believe 1-9), but I’ll cover them later.

1 Like

Made it to 1-8.

Thoughts

Honestly? The first few chapters weren’t bad.

But 1-4 is where things went downhill hard… and never really picked back up.

What I noticed is that after 1-4, all the bosses are promoted- and for that matter, dangerous ones at that.
I think that without the Jeigan, a lot of these are all nasty as hell to deal with; and that’s not good design at all imo.

The map sizes tend to be on the larger side as well, and I feel like they’re needlessly so. Especially when a lot of your units are all footlocked early-on: It makes the amount of distance you need to traverse all the more painful.

Plus the sheer amount of reinforcements in maps is just plain annoying- no earlygame map has any buisness lasting close to 20 turns on average, I feel like.

It feels like you want the player to have their units leveled up quickly- and you encourage earlypromoting.

The problem with that though is that as a result, you overcompensated with the enemies.
Myth of Blight_1700603100509

Case in point (from 1-7): what Act 1 enemy has any buisness carrying around a S-Rank weapon? None. None at all.

It’s way above what the player army can acquire, and it encourages to hang back rather than be aggressive because enemies like this mean that if you charge into a large group of them, odds are they get killed.

My recommendation is that you cut back on the number of enemy reinforcements, and in general cut down on the amount of enemies and map size. Maybe a few more recruitable units as well.

Because right now, this feels less fun and more like a slog.

1 Like