[LT] Server 72 [COMPLETE]

Do you think you could send me one of the following:

1. Your saves as a zip
  2. The logs from when you crashed

If you’re able to send me the first, I should be able to fix up your save file as-is with a suspend too, but the second will also help me figure the bug

Lemme know how to send the logs and I’ll get those to you too

1 Like

This error was, believe it or not, due to an animation import issue. I’ll have a fixed patch up shortly and DM you a version of your saves with a suspend at the beginning of that turn so you don’t have to restart the fight. Thanks for taking the hit on this one, that boss never missed against me lmao

Thanks for the save file, I ended up finishing the current build today, and all I can really say is wow. This was one of the coolest hack ideas I’d ever seen, but I did not expect it to overachieve to this degree. I have basically no complaints, the story is good, the characters are good, the weapon variety is insane, the skills are wack but you have so much time to get used to them that they feel like second nature, and the boss fights are all top of the line.

I do have some minor bugs to report though real quick

Floor 40 spoilers

So, I think there’s something weird going on with the archknights. Frequently I would notice that they had aura effects of dead archknights or ones that were out of range of them (such as the frontline ones taking 30 from the paradiso due to the half damage aura from the immobile one 10 squares away). I can only guess that maybe the effects are being calculated before they move, and aren’t being updated properly during enemy phase?

And another minor thing, despite having armsthrift, the general in front of the phase 1 boss location broke his infinite range bow. I think this might’ve been because he missed Philo; when he hit before, even as a convert, the bow never broke.

So yeah. I will eagerly await the finale of this hack. If it keeps going the way it’s going, it’s going to be legendary

2 Likes

Armsthrift not working on miss would be pretty hilarious, I’ll look into that. I can also investigate the auras off of the save you gave, although significant engine changes between now and the final release will likely fix AND introduce a plethora of bugs.

Thanks for playing/testing, glad you’ve enjoyed thus far.

Howdy, I’ve got another bug report.This one regarding a softlock on floor 40. There’s a lot of feedback about the game I wanna give, too, but I’m waiting until I beat what of the content there is before I try to collect my thoughts (short version: it’s pretty good, but there’s QoL stuff I’d like, and the fact that gamers isn’t always in red is just very, very slightly strange).

Anyways bug report.

Floor 40 Spoilers

During phase 1 of the floor, when fighting Yesue with animations on, the boss initiated combat with Paradiso, she had a 0% hit rate (thanks to maxed Spd/Lck and Fortune Tag). The boss missed, but the text “MISS” never popped up, and Yesue’s animation just kept looping. The animation just kept going, and I never saw Philo’s dodge animation, and after leaving it going for like 5 minutes, I came to the conclusion that the game was softlocked, so I just alt+F4ed out.

Also, I can corroborate HeroVP’s report of Armsthrift not working if the attacks misses. This happened to an enemy sniper on floor 38 who, again, missed Philo with their siege bow, and then it broke despite the enemy having armsthrift.

1 Like

Thanks for the bug report! This is probably similar to the animation issue that HeroVP reported, so I’ll look into that and fix it up. I don’t think the Armsthrift thing will be fixed until the full release, but I’ll try to take a look at it anyway.

Whether gamers is in red is entirely vibe-based. The more the conversation feels like it could have an image macro of the Joker in the background, the more likely gamers is to be red.

1 Like

hey guess what there’s another bug/crash report for floor 40. Admittedly this wasn’t on the version that you just uploaded, but I suspect it’s still a problem since it was unrelated to either my or HeroVP’s issues.

So:

Floor 40 Spoilers

My final character, Zelg, (actually both of my final characters, Zelg and Dazzle) both died to the afterburn of Prophecy from one of the Arcknight minibosses at the end of player phase. I had 3(? maybe 2) turnwheel uses left, then the game just abruptly closed before the Turnwheel menu could pop up from losing all my cast. No clue about a bug report because there was no suspend file created.

Anyways ho boy all this leads to me hoping that in a later version of the game/engine, a Suspend-esque option to “continue” would be created even when the game crashes/closes abruptly. I also understand you can’t really make that, but uh still a mad annoying issue to have run into 2 different level-ending on the same level, and also the final one in the current build, sucks a bit of the fun out.

1 Like

That’s weird, and I can’t really debug that one without your saves due to the lack of logs. If possible, could you compress those and send them to me? I’ll also restore a suspend point for you while I’m at it and send your saves back with the suspend point once I’m done.

Also, for future crashes, I can always restore a suspend if you lose a boss run because of something gnarly. I do mention that in the main post, but I’ll move it up slightly so it’s more visible.

EDIT: I see that I forgot to mention I could restore saves potentially even if you crashed. Updated that in the main post as well, my b.

1 Like

Here’s all of the game files, compressed into a .rar file. I know you probably only needed the saves folder, but when I tried to search the threequel folder for “log”, my file explorer crashed, so I figured “better safe than sorry”.

Hope you can figure out what happened.

1 Like

This issue is a bit wacky to fix since it involves the unit dying twice in a row. For now I’ll post up a notice on how to avoid it and DM you a fixed save. Hopefully I can remediate it within a day or two.

1 Like

Alright, having completed the current version of the game, I wanted to get down some short-form (read: not essay-length) thoughts. But first, some more bugs I encountered.

Bug Reports, contains spoilers up to Floor 35

Turnwheeling often caused enemies to equip items they didn’t have equipped in the initial turn (I believe this was due to the item that was originally equipped having been in the second slot of their inventory as opposed to the first one). This bug caused many of the properties of the weapon that was initially equipped to be transferred onto the one that was now equipped. There are a few examples that stuck out in my head about this, most notably (to me) was on Floor 35, when:

The Pegasus knight reinforcements that, initially, had their Accel lances equipped, ended up moving and swapping to their axereavers after I’d turnwheeled back to an earlier turn with them, before they’d charged Hero, my tank. The axereaver ended up gaining +1 mt and +5 hit for each tile they’d moved, like the Accel lance. Weirder still, the axereaver doubled Hero (even though the Accel Lance can’t double) and killed him from nearly full HP, causing me to need to burn another turnwheel use and deal with them less optimally.

Also noteworthy example of what I believe was the same bug (though perhaps this isn’t the case) was Zelg having the Defender status when the Defender sword was just… in his inventory, not even equipped. It was a really nice buff to him, though, so uh, you can say I didn’t bring it up out of selfish reasons, lol. I’m fairly certain this bug persisted through maps, even when I unequipped and re-equipped the item to him, even when I dropped it into the convoy (wherein he lost the buff) then picked it back up into his inventory without equipping it.

You have my saves, I’m fairly certain this bug has been impacting my Zelg since like… floor 10, maybe floor 15. I have no idea precisely when it started, but it sure did start, and now I’m not complaining.

All of that seems to be a known, if strange, error. No clue how I’d help you fix it, though.

Now, my thoughts on the game. This was a really unique, fun experience! I had a ton of fun with the gameplay (even if it was quite hard in places), the vibes of the music choice made the downtime between maps feel relaxed and chill, the mystery segments were fun and enjoyable (even if they made me feel like an idiot once or twice or thrice), and the actual character interactions were funny and surprisingly chill. Honestly, Loonie’s characterization made her stand out perfectly all throughout the game as the de’facto star of the show, and it’s done quite well, giving the rest of the cast someone to contrast themselves against. The inspirations and references (both diegetic like Hardman’s “Space, the final frontier” line, and non-diegetic like the cat people being called “Cat Boomers”) felt cheeky, like a wink to the camera but never like you were running out of ideas, more like you thought it’d be cool. Also, because like… y’know… that’s how nerds talk. That’s how I talk.

My overall thoughts are that this was really fun. The game was exactly up my alley, entirely unique from what I’d played, and I enjoyed it a ton. I hope that, should the next version be released, it will be just as good as what I’ve finished playing.

3 Likes

This does help get more details down with the turnwheeling thing, thanks.

I’m glad you enjoyed in general, and also glad to see a stray VA-11 Hall-A fan lmao

1 Like

Fun fact: I recognized the VA-11 Hall-A music in the hub worlds, and it threw me for a whole-ass loop after I’d just gotten done playing Souls of the Forest with all its GBA bitcrunched music (some of which I couldn’t recognize despite knowing the source).

1 Like

Hey, I’m on Floor 35 and really enjoying the game so far. The characters are very endearing (the playable ones and NPCs both) and I love the writing as it’s very chill and genuine, (the mystery segments have been a big highlight). I like the gamplay too, even if I think it’s a little harder than what I’d prefer(but also, the difficulty is explained within the story so I think it’s understandable, even if I wish there was a way to make it easier for noobs like me lol, even if it was just an option to have more turnwheel uses). But I’ve encountered a bug on this floor that ended up softlocking me. LO and Hardman died on EP, while all my other characters were blown off the bridge, which led to the game being stuck in a loop where it seems it didn’t recognize all my units were dead, but it also auto-skipped PP so I couldn’t turnwheel back. I’d really appreciate a suspend before that happened so I can turnwheel back a while. (had to break the link because I didn’t have an account before and created this one just to report this but new accounts can’t send links)
ht tps://drive.google.com/file/d/1wYvvqRzXVEMWq17Kq5wLaTMsKDg53sqL/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

lmao nice bug find, I’ll DM you your restored suspend shortly

Second bug report, you can actually override the invincibility of the “lever” bosses of floor 35 by killing them with afterburn’s status effect (it triggered when they had exactly 10 HP so that might’ve been a factor). They also get stunned even if they only reach 1 HP but I don’t know if that’s intentional.

1 Like

That’s really funny, I might just give them immunity to statuses to prevent that.

The stunning at 1 HP is intentional and I’ll probably be leaving it that way due to a variety of finicky under-the-hood issues.

Alright, what in SAO’s name is this game? I think I’ll give it a try just because of the memes :rofl:

3 Likes

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.

8 Likes