Link Arena with all GBA Units
This is a small patch I created after seeing Mekkah’s Link Arena video which places units and items from fe6 and fe7 into fe8 so they can all be used in a single Link Arena match. Because there can only be 50 player units in a barracks at any time, units will need to be selected manually before going to Link Arena mode.
- Individually summon units to create a custom Link Arena team
- 3 modes – base stats, 20/20 averages, and capped stats
- Trade items and stat boosters to units freely
- Use Legendary weapons from fe6 and fe7
This link takes you to the ups patch, whose base game is FE8U. There are two folders containing patches by different authors. Tristan’s version is the base game, which has a choice between a regular version, a ‘no skills’ version that removes pavise and the other fe8 skills excluding Silencer, and an ‘fe6 edition’ that has fe6 items and some mechanics like 30 crit swordmasters. The_Big_Dededester’s version is an expansion that adds new units and other features. You can check out a more detailed description at this page below.
v 1.33 (regular version only)
- Fixed a bug in the regular version that reverted all the changes in v1.31
- Fixed Athos’s animation, although the cape whoosh is excluded
- Nomads and Nomad troopers are no longer susceptible to cavalry effective weapons
- S-rank weapons can now be used at A-rank
- fe6 edition - swordmaster and similar classes crit bonus is now 30
- fe6 edition - S rank weapon hit and crit bonuses are removed
- Fixed Palettes
- Fixed a bug where Melady failed to promote properly
- Adjusted Con for fe6/fe7 male heros to take into the +1 con fe8 male heros have. As a result,
fe6/fe7 mercenaries will have 1 less con than usual, which is fixed on promotion
- Added a special fe6 edition branch. At this time, I do not plan on updating this branch alongside the others. The fe6 edition patch features promotions for the fe6 thieves and uses fe6 versions of weapons. Get your 45 hit hammers and 6 weight nosferatus ready. Shine, Wind Sword, and Dragonspear are replaced by Aircalibur, Al’s sword, and Gant’s lance respectively.
- Split the patch into the regular and NO SKILLS version
- Added descriptions to fe6 and fe7 characters
- Expanded the items sold at armories and vendors
- Fixed closed-eye portraits
- Fixed a bug that made the tutorial-repeat house run the wrong event
- Fixed the vendor inventory to include secret books
- Added stat boosters to the preparation armory
- All units have 15 move
- The preparation screen for chapter 1 is unlocked to allow easier trading
- Creature campaign units have arrived
- Stat reducing villages have been added
- The class change house has been added for fe8 units
- The center and right thrones no longer end the chapter - the left throne ends the chapter and does nothing else.
- Bug - Map sprites glitch out when using the center throne, right throne, or class change house
- Fixed crash on mGBA
- Added axe paladin animations
- Spell sound effects for some fe6 and fe7 spells are incorrect
- Map sprites glitch out when using the center throne, right throne, or class change house
This Google Sheet is very important to look at as it shows the map of which units are summoned from which houses.
Credit to ShyuterZ for fe6 and fe7 spell animations.
If you find any unknown bugs or average stat errors, please let me know in the comments section. If you have suggestions feel free to post them as well but depending on the scale no guarantees. I hope you enjoy Link Arena-ing with a wide variety of units!