[Lex Talionis] The Raymond Chronicles

Version date: 12/23/2019

A Fire Emblem fangame by BBHood217
Characters created by MageKnight404 and LordGlenn
Lex Talionis engine by rainlash

Over the years, MageKnight404 has contributed interesting and entertaining stories and characters to the FE community with his romhacks. This is my tribute to him and his creations. Join Heather, Julie, Joshua, and many of MK404’s original characters on an adventure full of exciting gameplay, little references, and a standard plot to save the world.

Screenshots (old):
7LDLApF.pngQPOhesB.png5SPUaxZ.pngMiGwGzF.pngr8Rd3I1.pngoNjyfJE.pngzv02gvj.png6avFweK.pngw5ApQ0r.png

Features:

• Runs on the Lex Talionis engine by rainlash, it is NOT a romhack.
  • 12 chapters of good ol’ FE gameplay with features like skills, AOE attacks, and a turnwheel.
  • MK404’s original characters from his romhacks (FE404, both Sacred Dawns, and Yuri’s Side Story), plus one brand new character exclusive to this game.
  • Map sprites and combat animations by the FE community, including MK404’s works from his romhacks plus a few animations not featured until now.
  • Branching promotions for some classes, and also promotions are automatic upon going past the level cap.
  • Easily usable as a reference along with the Lion Throne and the Lex Talionis site’s wiki to make your own FE games with this engine.

This fangame is complete, as in there’s a defined beginning and ending. More work could probably be done on it but after a year of working on this, I desire to try my hand at something else for a change. Perhaps something original with my very own characters instead of someone else’s. Regardless, any feedback provided (whether to me or to rainlash, about this game or the engine it runs on) would be greatly welcome and appreciated.

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d04lqvmx6514k0p/The Raymond Chronicles.zip
Lex Talionis topic on Serenes Forest:
https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/73271-the-lion-throne-fangame-and-engine/

Installation instructions:

• Download the game.
  • Unzip the folder somewhere.
  • Run the exe file and enjoy.

Yep, it’s that simple. The game is perfectly capable of running on its own, independent of the Lion Throne or any other Lex Talionis game. With that being said, the version of the engine this game uses is 0.9.3.8 and trying to run it with any other version (older or newer) is not recommended due to possible compatibility issues.

13 Likes

Mind providing any screenshots on the thread?

7 Likes

This style of forum is new to me, so I’m still figuring out stuff. Don’t worry, I’ll get those pics up soon enough.

3 Likes

Cool to see someone using LT. Congrats on releasing!

3 Likes
Way to convert Emilia in chapter 10. Beware spoiler:

Oh Emilia you were alot of work you know that. You better be worth the sacrifice. I am glad I choose Casual mode I lost 3 unit trying to convince her. You have to talk to her with: Joshua, Julie, North and Carol.

1 Like

thank you for making this game I thoroughly enjoy it. Except for the Last chapter where I face the final boss and could not for the life of me deal any damage to Ruby. How was I suppose to beat her if non of my unit can damage her. Other than that I enjoy the portraits, the sprite, the map design, the fighting mechanics and the dialogue between the characters.

I know this game was made for someone else so I could not get invested into any character but the Character I like the most is Julie the Myrmidon.

Can you telll me how to beat the final boss legitimately I had to use the Kill_unit;Ruby command to finish that level.

1 Like

The way to do it is to take out the armors that are buffing her DEF, and then just blast her with your strongest units, attacks, and skills. I will admit however that she might be overtuned.

1 Like

Any chance you can make the final boss weaker in the future so other people can defeat her. I beat all the guards surrounding her and I still could not damage her at all.

You need to give player an Effective weapon that do double or triple damage against the boss like the Sacred Weapons in Fire Emblem the Sacred Stones.

There were many unique weapons for Julie and Josh but they don’t do effective damage against Ruby :sob:

Not the funniest way but you can use reset;Unitname to refresh one of your units and gain an extra turn, it’s good to use if you just don’t want to repeat the map again.

1 Like

It’s been years since I last worked on this, so it’s probably unlikely that I’ll be updating this and the fight will remain as is. I wanna take everything I’ve learned from this and apply it to a new project, which I’ve been slowly conceptualizing and will hopefully feature original characters that are actually by me. And I guess also a final boss that’s not a stone wall of difficulty.

1 Like