Justice & Pride Gaiden: Clash in Estria

So, those on the J&P discord and some other servers I’m in may have seen the project I’ve been working on as of late, simply going by the name Estria Remaster. Well, this is the formal post for said hack, now with its official title.

Justice & Pride Gaiden?
This hack is in the same world as J&P, albeit 20 years later on another continent. The story is mostly independent, although some characters and events from J&P are seen or referenced.

Estria Remaster?
Back when I first downloaded FEBuilder, I wanted to make a hack involving Estria, a fictional continent I made. However, due to inexperience, overambition, and questionable design choices, I abandoned the hack. Now, I aim to recreate that story.

Old vs. New

• The original Estria was set in Elibe’s world, the lore is now being changed to fit J&P’s world

• The original hack was a skill system hack, this is not

• The story is pretty different from the original, as well as the cast, though some retain their roles and/or classes.

SCREENSHOTS
Some are taken from older builds, hence the different statscreens.
estriarom.emulator-47 estriarom.emulator-14 estriarom.emulator-38 estriarom.emulator-85 estriarom.emulator-9 estriarom.emulator-2

Continent of Estria

Estria, a continent to the west of Irona. Similarly to its eastern neighbor, one large empire makes up the majority of Estria’s power. However, other nations co-exist with this empire. These are Barrea to the south, a plains nation known for its wyverns. The magic oligarchy of Theodoros lies to the east, and it is an isolated nation, yet known for its intelligent scholars and vicious sands. Indicus lies to the northwest, and this nations shares blood ties to the empire, as the founders, the sister of the current emperor, Timaeus, and her husband, Earl, left due to conflict with the emperor.

Story

In 1687 on the Estrian calendar (the two calendars are 1200 years apart), Caelia murdered Timaeus’s father, Lionel, allowing Timaeus to become emperor of Estria. Left cold and bitter by this trauma, Timaeus’s reign reflected his personality, leaving him labelled as a tyrant. 33 years later, in the year 1720, Timaeus’s third son and 4th child, Prince Ambrose, begins a movement to reform his beloved homeland. However, this path to redemption will not be as straightforward as Ambrose wishes. With the aid of his cousin, Annabelle, leader of Indicus, he will take on the threats to the continent’s peace.

Features
  • SOTF-inspired. While it’s not a downright clone, some stuff is rather similar, such as highly accurate and mighty weapons.

• New weapons to enjoy, such as the Bolt Bow, Edge Cutter, T2 reavers, and more devil weapons.

• A ton of new music, from games ranging from Mario to Romancing SaGa.

• Single promotions w/ single-weapon classes, again like SOTF.

• Promoted lord units have a crit bonus in addition to swordmasters, assassins, and berserkers. Crit bonus is 25%.

• 2-3 range bows. 1 range bows only exist for stationary archer/sniper bosses.

• Thieves can use daggers. They also promote to rogues, with Assassins being a separate class.

• Expanded stat caps, albeit mostly for offense stats on most classes.

• Valkyries use anima magic now.

• Knights have equalized move.

• Cavalry has half movement on stairs. Mounts, both cavalry and flying, cannot travel on pillars whatsoever.

• Ranged swords do magic damage.

DL Link
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aF10omXyhqT5DLpoLVuyJ5PHMbSX6erA?usp=sharing

39 Likes

I literally was just reading about how there were plans for Book 3 when reading the Book 2 thread just now. I went back to the FEU home page to find this is here. What a coincidence.

I’ve never played J&P but this project looks interesting and I can feel you’re more experienced with the hacking scene now by looking at the current presentation.

1 Like

estriarom.emulator-2

Love this.

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing what’s next.

11 Likes

Good to see you alive and well, man, and I wish you luck on this.

An old pal returns.

Summary

estriarom.emulator-90

8 Likes

Maybe a bit of a strange remark, but I already really like the new teal ish light blue player colors. Something about them looks really nice.

A magic nation named Theodoros? That sounds familiar… /s
Looks neat. After hearing about how J&P book 2 or whatever was canned, it’s nice to see that you’re making something again, even if it doesn’t look like it’ll be something I enjoy. Good luck!

1 Like

After the wild ride that was today, I decided to release a demo before finishing ch 15 just to add some positivity to today.

Ch 14’s end event isn’t done, but everything up until then is playable.

6 Likes

:sun_with_face: This is nice to see. Thank you so much for creating such a cool world. :blush:

Good to see you back in the saddle. Looking forward to this!

Started playing the hack and really enjoy it so far. Haven’t gotten too far in yet, but here’s some stuff I found.

Typos

Screenshot 2020-07-10 at 11.37.37 AM
Screenshot 2020-07-09 at 11.44.11 PM
(should be father’s)
Screenshot 2020-07-09 at 11.45.59 PM

Bugs

From Chapter 3:
Screenshot 2020-07-10 at 12.00.28 AM
Screenshot 2020-07-10 at 12.27.34 AM

These two guys display that they move but don’t, as far as I can tell.
Screenshot 2020-07-09 at 7.18.14 PM
Screenshot 2020-07-09 at 7.19.13 PM
I may have missed something, but I don’t think this guy’s supposed to say this.
Screenshot 2020-07-09 at 7.49.01 PM
End event of Chapter 3:
After the first image, it pans to Grado Keep (second image), and then it goes to the third image. Looks like the group is too far to the left. Screenshot 2020-07-10 at 11.36.44 AM
Screenshot 2020-07-10 at 11.36.49 AM
Screenshot 2020-07-10 at 11.37.20 AM
After that, it hangs on this scene. Can’t skip at this point, so you have to reload and skip all the scenes to get past it.
Screenshot 2020-07-10 at 11.38.09 AM
When you do skip, the gaiden accept/reject choice doesn’t display because there’s a black screen. After that, it seems to work as normal.
Lastly, in 3x, Huck spawns under Ambrose.
Screenshot 2020-07-10 at 11.40.44 AM

You made your post right as I was fixing stuff, so I got it done fast.

This patch fixes the following:

2 Likes

Oh-ho! I’ll have to take a look at this sometime for sure! Not that many FE8 hacks don’t use Skill Systems anymore, so this should be an interesting experience.

Yeah the non-gaiden one also have it
(Btw lonely mirror dont have it i think)
Steel bow have12 mt when iron one have 11mt (only 1 difference)
Since stats are inflated (especially hp) so i think heal and mend shd have higher healing
Kenneth eyesight is broken
Using ambrose to fight him
Kenneth:you are not the prince
Logic 100
Later, annabelle’s dialogue was suddenly forced stop by another cutscene wtt
And a green brigand doesnt actively attack red unit idk why?
Nice storch reference for steel blade

We’re getting close guys.

5 Likes

Oh ~ ٩( ‘ω’ )و

All chapters have been completed!

I still need to do the ending, character epilogues, and tune up some other stuff, but the full game release is on the horizon.

3 Likes

How many chapters are you planning on for this project?

38 are in the game.

32 main plus 6 gaidens.

However, there will be an ending split after ch 27, which leads into one Endgame, while the other ending takes you to ch 28-Endgame B, so at max, 37 in one playthrough