Is there a FE7 Reskin AND Rebalance?

I’m pretty new to FEU but I was wondering if there was a FE7 Reskin AND Rebalance (like I said in the title) but I only find the REMASTERED (reskin) that I’m going to play and I know some project are going to rework FE7 but is there one already ?
(Sorry if I made some mistakes English is not my langage)

Thank you for reading my topic and hope you have a great day!

not here, but i think Mengs did a FE7 rebalance, which latter on got a reskin by one of the community members, using alot of Greentea’s sprite work…it’s pretty cool by vanilla FE7 standards.

1 Like

Do you know where I can find it by any chance ?

hum…there’s a youtube video with a Discord Link. Just type Mengs FE7 Rebalance and you should find it instantly. It has the (mostly) full changelist and there’s a link with the most recent versions on the Discord (i think some of the older ones had a major bug with Cog of Destiny though, so watch out for that).

Lemme know if you found it and lemme me know if you liked it, i certainly did at the time.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply I will check now!

currently playing the one that mangs do but I can’t find the one with reskin it’s not important in any way but it will be more enjoyable for my eyes hahah

Its in the hack archive…just scroll through the messages from the admin and you’ll find one that says it got a reskin.

1 Like

Thank you
sorry for the disturbance tho

Mangs’ FE7 rebalance hack is actually what got me interested in the hacking scene recently (found out about his hack only 2 months ago). I will say I liked it a lot as well and I like his balance philosophy.

1 Like

Yeah it’s also the last vanilla style hack I enjoy since I found out about the Skill SYS. That being said there were some head scratchrs in there like the nerfs to Athos, the bugs with Cog of Destiny, Batta’s support shenanigans to name a few

(Also apologies if there are any mistakes in English)

I think you might be interested in the FE7Remastered project, it’s what you’re looking for :grinning:

I can also consider myself new to the FEU community, but one thing I already know is that people here don’t really like Mangs for some… things he did (you better research for yourself what he did)

1 Like

Yeah it’s the one I talk about in my first post and I will definitely play it since you recommend it!
As for mangs I “heard” what he has done soooo I think it’s normal that people don’t like him :confused:

Thank you for your response!

Edit: I hope that one day someone gonna make or remake the FE7 bc I don’t see much things on that one

1 Like

Oh… I’m sorry, I didn’t pay attention to your first message already mentioning FE7 Remastered, my bad. :pensive:

But I ended up finding this other potential project that you could look into. Personally, I haven’t looked at it yet, but I’m very interested.

2 Likes

No problem I’m not gonna make you feel bad for being a nice person thank you for the help tho

I will definitely look into that one too bc I didn’t see it when I was searching! Hope we have a great game et good rng

@adalvar

Yeah it’s also the last vanilla style hack I enjoy since I found out about the Skill SYS.

Wait…I thought there’s no skillsys patch for FE7?

nerfs to Athos

Probably to make Brammimond shine as a dark magic user.

the bugs with Cog of Destiny

Might have been related to Linus/Lloyd being recruitable. i.e. being recruited/talked to by Nino didn’t count as death of boss, which was used as a condition for other things.

Batta’s support shenanigans

I think this had something to do with Batta not having an affinity type and was resolved in a later version.

@UltraFenix

I can also consider myself new to the FEU community, but one thing I already know is that people here don’t really like Mangs for some… things he did (you better research for yourself what he did)

He is de-platformed on Reddit. I learned about this when I created a post regarding his balance hack and a mod removed my post.

Apparently, on FEU we are allowed to mention his name, which is nice. I don’t agree with what he did, but I am able to separate who he is as a person with the content he creates, and some of his content is good.

4 Likes

@Knives

There isn’t, i was talking in general

Problem is Brammimond isn’t playable. So you’re only left with Canas as a dark magic user, and while he’s decent, his growths and statline are in a place where he can get majorly RNG screwed. And worse still it eliminated Athos’ niche and reduces him to a Sage with overkill stats.

Yeah that may be the case.

Yeah. Problem is that latter versions don’t come with the “Refurbished” patch, which was a major visual overhaul that was made for the hack awhile back. It was on the Discord, but then it was removed for some reason and the most recent one retains vanilla map and sprite work. Besides it’s a funny bug that makes Batta a strong unit.

2 Likes