[Inferno] Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (Custom Hack)

WARNING: Strong language, possibly sensitive religious elements, violence, gore, adult content.
A hack of Fe8, focused on demons, devils, monsters, and possessed humans.
Fire Emblem Inferno started as simply a reskin of Sacred Stones where the monsters were super strong. But I got to liking the idea of a true monster campaign, so I decided to make it more of a religious take as well, taking elements from traditional Christianity and Catholicism, (I’m not religious myself, but I find many of them interesting) anyway, so I started replacing human enemies with monsters or demons and the “human” foes as possessed enemies. I really started to roll with the idea. I’m up TO chapter 4 right now, chapter 5 is essentially vanilla. I have reworked every item, all classes and characters, added the skill system, but very light skills, so it’s nothing crazy. I made a lot of custom icons, some are pretty good, some are just okay, I hadn’t done that before. I intend to replace all the base weapons eventually, I also have reworked/better descriptions for every weapon and item as well as adding them to items that didn’t have one. Every character has 1 personal skill, and every promoted class has 1 skill, the exception being any unit with canto, they’ll have 3 technically. Heavy reworks of the combat system, silver weapons are effective against demons and monsters, gold weapons are effective against dragons, also light magic is effective against monsters and demons, but likewise hell-forged demon weapons are effective against holy units. Some little quality of life changes as well, like stat items having 2 uses, but granting +1 each instead of +2. Weapon durability reworks, especially staves and magic, 2 range weapons are weaker instead of being ridiculously heavy, and not as common. Bows can shoot at 1-2 range, and some of the less used staves have a better range, idk I thought it would help them lol, most of them have like 1-3 now, like barrier, restore, hammerne, etc. A few animations added from the repo, like an animation to allow Erika to use staves, a really detailed portrait of a zombie that looked good as a placeholder for the demons, and another one for the “possessed” units. I will credit them, and edit at the bottom with the names, I just gotta go back and look at the names, BUT all the item icons were made by me, and if you like them feel free to use them, just give me credit and let me know, I’d be stoked to see someone like them enough to use them! Anyway, I’m working on touching up the dialogue, it doesn’t need to be changed extensively for what I’m aiming for. Also in the works, you’ll eventually fight the embodiment of the 7 Deadly Sins as major bosses, kinda like the Grado generals in base Fe8, or the Black Fang in Fe7, but they’re monsters instead. And in a gaiden chapter after the base game, you’ll fight a supreme Demon Overlord named Xolgrammand from a endgame boss in a D&D story I wrote a few years back. But yeah, give it a whirl, and post screenshots too if you see something you like! I’m also in the process of copy/pasting over all the weapon and item descriptions from a text document, its tedious, I wish I had just typed it right into the game lol anyway, try to check (R) everything, I like to add a lot of life into the game, idk if it’s a still a “reskin” or a custom game at this point. But eventually it’ll be a pretty much fully custom game. Oh here’s a hint “Use” the Silver Rapier on a teammate, gotta be adjacent.

Current UPS patch: Alpha 04
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/t93gfww8yhzzzqnu4emcp/Fire-Emblem-Inferno-Alpha-04.ups?rlkey=97840js5th6qz0903kb4z93k3&st=cxupub9g&dl=0

:kissing_heart:

Credits:
Red Bean for the Erika animations.
Alexsplode for the Boss Zombie portrait.
Cynon for the Generic Zombie portraits.
Dutch Introvert for the Faceless Armor portrait.
Nuramon for the Generic Soldiers portraits 1, 2, 3 & 4.
Damo for the Moloch Sorcerer portrait.
GenericPretsel for the Skeleton Armor portrait.
L95 for the Cyclops portrait.
Mel for the Gargoyle portrait.

8 Likes

This idea is promising. I assume you have planned the entire story and only implementation remains ?

1 Like

Yes, it’s just a matter of inserting it and some fine tuning. I tried to add a .ups of the hack and some screenshots, but no matter what I tried it wouldn’t let me. I couldn’t add a link, or imbed pictures or anything to show the stuff I’ve done so far.

Need to comment on other topics or like a bunch of posts or something to get the member rank to do so-- can’t remember exactly, but something in that.

Either way, good luck to you on this!

1 Like

Thanks!

I have member rank now, but I still can’t post links or images.

1 Like

Patch for game
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/tq8x7ia8jq05ixlwr9ri7/FE-Inferno-Alpha-1.0.ups?rlkey=50avq8fv08zjyc1t667zqv5p2&st=4gdrbe0k&dl=0

As a sucker for dark fantasy stories, it’s nice that you did a research about demonology for this hack.

Dragons and wyverns are weak to gold? How ironic lol.

The changes about stat boosters remind me of a hack called the Eligor Spear which it’s also nice.

demons and their poisonous weapons are annoying but thankfully, Colm and a shadowkiller can make quick work of them which is very fun (Also Seth the jagen too).

the hack seems balance so far but i’m bothered about bows having 1-2 range.

I’m sure there are other ways to buff archers.

1 Like

Yeah I’m working on balancing the stat boosters, I know theres a lot available in the first 5 chapters, I got a little excited giving them out to show off their custom icons. But thanks, and yeah I love dark fantasy too! And yeah, dragons were cursed to be weak to gold because of their greed. :smiley:

1 Like

Cool! So what do you think about bows having 2-3 range like in older FE?

1 Like

Hmm, I never thought about it, is that better than 1-2 overall? Tbh I’ve never been a heavy bow user.

Please forget what I said, I’ll give full thought about how useful bows having 1-2 range are later. :grin:

1 Like

Well a lot of the monsters have 1 range weapons, so I felt like being able to counterattack at 1 range and attack from 2 range was a decent buff for now users.

1 Like

custom music?

1 Like

No unfortunately I don’t, if I could find something like heavy and dramatic, like a Latin choir or something like that, that would be cool.

Just finished an update:
21 new items icons created
silver rapier rebalance
36 item descriptions added
chapter 2 enemy placement adjusted
chapter 5 map size edited slightly
chapter 5 finished!
fixed incorrect enemy portrait during battle quotes on some bosses
Fixed some text errors in prologue and chapter 1 dialogue
will update the patch soon!

3 Likes

I will wait to complete this before download it hahaha

1 Like

Alpha 3 patch added! Start a new save, otherwise units load coordinates will be messed up.
More descriptions to come, as well as chapter 5x and chapter 6 in the works!
Chapter 5 map slightly edited/expanded.
Some monster/demon weapons were buffed, namely the various claw attacks hit rate.
Also, a handful of more custom icons, nearly every icon updated, I’d say less than 20 left to edit, not including tomes, I’m actually satisfied with the base tomes designs.

Link to new patch here as well! :smiley:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/qqt9qhlvni53j02oi3vqk/Fire-Emblem-Inferno-Alpha-03.ups?rlkey=eu3ur9xr7s18nf14t7xl66t75&st=ldh70ywq&dl=0

4 Likes

New patch update! Fixed more text errors, corrected portraits placement, added ages to each character, added descriptions to all weapons and items, added new icons for the last few weapons, I have maybe 6-7 left, basically the brave weapons and some unused items.
Added a prf weapon for Garcia. tweaked the growths on Franz to be more similar to Seth but leaning a little more towards speed/res than Seth. Increased base enemy health by a small percentage. increased the HP cap to 80 for all promoted classes. rebalanced promoted class stat caps, stats are also gender neutral now. Edited more of chapter 5, expanded the map a bit, altered enemy placements.
More to come! Sorry I’d be putting out more updates, but I’ve been busy, you know how life loves to get in the way. Anyway, let me know what you all think!
Edit: I need to update all the screenshots as well, as about half or more are now outdated.

2 Likes