Fractured Realms: 1.2.1 Update

most of the week was dedicated to graphic stuff, so don’t have too much to show
credit to @DerTheVaporeon for the archer, I modified and merged it with the older one they made
and i finished animating legault thief for daggers

also there’s snow, weird; wonder what chapter that is (ch9)

10 Likes

yeah maybe
(Check the first post)

Be sure to let me know if anything explodes

4 Likes

all right, it’s been a few days, thought I could post something
Hidden items! They’re a thing. Here’s one for free. Side note regarding that, in Chapter 5 there is a hidden item hinted at in the leftmost mountains. The current version will crash, so do not attempt to obtain it, it will be fixed in the update release that contains both Chapter 9 and the Interlude

Speaking of Chapter 9… Everyone’s favorite siege engine is back.

9 Likes

speaking of ch9…

please excuse the invisible paladin lol

5 Likes

been a while since i said anything
school sucks, so that slowed my update
hopefully around saturday hard mode and interlude will be done, then I can release the update

after that, given the lack of any real negative feedback, I suppose I will move on to fully part 2
also have two portrait updates courtesy of Atey (who has no account here)

5 Likes

Overall I had fun going through no rough parts for me to endure. I felt the flow of the maps and combat were not too bad to get through.

2 Likes

Honestly this is a masterpiece. It’s just pure fun to play, it feels like an official nintendo release, very polished with innovative mechanics. The story isn’t anything new but it does the job and kept me engaged. Well done! Can’t wait for the finished product

3 Likes

rip the entire point of most of the story is to subvert expectations (unlikable main character), but i suppose ye olde country A attacks is pretty tried and true lol

unrelated, I am looking for my graphical artists/spriters to help out various aspects (portraits, animations, map sprites, weapon icons, etc)
if anyone is interested you can pop into the discord, post about it here, or shoot me a PM

2 Likes

hello here is a mode I’m working on

yes i know the order makes no sense, but if i tried to order it properly, everyone’s saves would get modified soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

5 Likes

Can you describe what this is?

It’s a sandwich.

uh
They’re difficulty modes

The next update will have both Hard mode and Easy mode implemented

I’m talking about the games plot and ideas it wants to show.

While I don’t agree with people putting their plot summary in their threads, (because why would they, just dont play the game at that point), a couple screenshots in the opening post could be nice here considering currently there’s absolutely nothing.

1 Like

There have been tons of screenshots of the latest version & progress updates posted very recently in the thread, so it’s not like there is nothing being shown at all, which is usually the issue with screenshotless projects (can’t know if the game is real or what it is); could move some of those screens to the OP or make new ones, although I don’t believe it’s strictly necessary

i feel like I update the thread enough with screenshots that it’s not really necessary, but I can put effort into making a “trailer” of sorts and having that in the first post

4 Likes

A trailer would let you show off all the pretty art and the tunes. :musical_note:

3 Likes

i suppooooooooose

minor update
easy mode will have a few more visit locations in ch1 and ch2 for better explanations of mechanics (this is mostly for people with less knowledge of gba fe, but you can get free exp for the visits)
also ch2’s map was modified a bit

5 Likes

24 days later
Support for Easy/Normal/Hard mode

Interlude finally here.

Hopefully everything will be out tomorrow.

fyi: when playing, you can use your old save file, but be aware that your difficulty mode will switch. So… I recommend starting fresh (everything has been touched up anyway). Maybe find more of those hidden items :wink:

10 Likes

That map looks sweet. How many chapters down/left to go?