Fractured Realms: 1.2.1 Update

Been a while
planning on doing a Q&A on my channel sometime during this month regarding this project, so feel free to submit questions via the form --> https://forms.gle/aH7uYysaWZvswpuXA

Keep in mind that if you ask nonsense questions I probably won’t answer them.

2 Likes

yeah that Q&A happened and I just hated the video so LOL it never went up

in other news, I finally have time to work on the new content. nothing really to show screen-shot wise yet that you haven’t seen before

well I guess there’s some stuff that’s different
ch1 (used to be the prologue) now has fe5/9-esque escape mechanic. Not as punishing as fe5, but if you recruit a character on an escape map, you need to escape with them to keep them. Also 2 ways to escape.

I’ll try to remember this thread exists and not just my discord channel

9 Likes

speaking of that discord channel, if you’re interested in playtesting, hop into that and let me know
thanks

roughly a week so let’s go over what’s been added in
all characters (playable and generics) have somewhat been hit with a power nerf. Bosses however have not, so they should not be a simple task to dispatch (not even with Clark sometimes)
ch2 is back with some modifications, as is ch3
with the dual promotions in order, cander now gets the option of traditional mage (and gaining light magic) or less traditional scholar (and gaining dark magic). As far as I know, every magic unit has a different combination of magic they can wield, so no one should ever feel the same as someone else
also, apparently my bad luck is stronger than sugari’s good luck
idk why he’s smiling :expressionless:

5 Likes

mfw mis

5 Likes

finally done finals so let’s do another weird update

ch3x is back in the mix, along with a new ch4 coming soon.tm
palla sports thunder magic in addition to his light magic now

also @NICKT that angry is better than mine can I use it lol

5 Likes

all right we’re back for ch4 stuff
if you’ve played older builds, i’m happy to report that crioxe is still the worst best character
among other things, a new trainee was added and joins in chapter 4, more hidden items have been scatted in chapters, and chapter 5 will probably be playable soon

also
forgot if i mentioned split promotions, but split promotions
(i think scholar cander is objectively worse but you be the judge)

meaning I’ll release the new ch1 -> ch5 (new ch4, heavily modified ch1)
next release will be ch6 -> interlude (new ch8, heavily modified ch9)

then on to more new fun stuff

8 Likes

i decided i might as well go to the interlude anyway since ch6/7 are already basically done and that’s an awkward stopping point
i’m also waiting on assets (any help on this is greatly appreciated)
ch5 new stuff
faythe is promoted, kor-kitar has effectiveness vs armors
new class that serves as an alternative promotion for soldiers
actually pay attention in ch5 unlike me

9 Likes

Templar

Be still my beating heart.

1 Like

also since i might as well post this as well
music stuff
new player phase theme
courtesy of @anon98251803

i feel like there’s a way i can post it so you don’t need to dl but i’m blanking

4 Likes

Something to note is that infantry archers all have a new skill!
FEFR_0018
It’s called Longbow and it’s a pretty nice way to balance archers. They don’t get the FEXNA Bow WTA if they attack from more than 2 Range, so it’s even more balanced than it sounds.
Longbow’s nice especially if you have Strong Lydia here, who’s only three points scattered among strength and skill away to get +1 Range on bows
( totally didnt dump an energy ring on her )
FEFR_0079

Finally for the most important thing
GOOD KIANTE
FEFR_0017

8 Likes

This, but over the new Weapon Rank icons. :eyes:

4 Likes

@GabrielKnight take all the glory

i mean @SolumTruth take all the glory

:sweat_smile:

huh??

new year same me
started at the bottom still here

anyway
ch6 & ch7 (which are now separate chapters)
ch6 is mostly the same
robina is a proper thief now

however ch7 has a new friend
sadly he needs glasses

i think that’s it for now, not sure if i’ll show ch8 at all because it’s a surprise
so expect ch9 when i post again

7 Likes

That’s a super cool way to make the Longbow skill work. I like it a lot. It’s like you made an innate skill we don’t need to mysteriously earn later in the game at random, but instead have immediate access to and can see how long it will take to reach each new tier. Very cool.

5 Likes

all right since I haven’t actually done much because i’m supposed to be writing a thesis, i’ll cover some stuff that is less interesting

levels: similar to fe4, levels do not reset upon promotion. Promotion level has been moved to level 15, and max level to 40. Not much else to say on that one.

ambition: the thing you might have noticed in earlier builds, this affects the promotion path Sugari will end up taking. There are other effects as well, some small like dialogue changes, others larger like which unit you recruit in chapters or what base conversations exist

that’s all for now, hopefully next week will be fruitful

7 Likes

I’m intrigued how it all will change. Ambition feels like Tactics Ogre Lawful, Neutral and Chaotic options. I like it honestly.

that’s somewhat the idea
although I have to admit that I haven’t actually played that haha

all right ch8 is basically done so i’ll give a bit of an update
left, troy, he’s a bit different and apparently thinks the weapon triangle is stupid

right, more relevant change, feds-style checkpoints for normal mode
hard mode will have checkpoints still, but only timed ones. ie defeating a mini boss, getting to a specific location, surviving to turn 8, etc

maybe release this month???

11 Likes