Fire Emblem The Prophecy Of Flames

Thanks for the advice. The pitfall of making every unit useful is one I fell for honestly. I don’t mind a unit being better than another, but I am not a fan of characters that are at the same level of skill as Rebecca. I’ll see what I can do.

1 Like

Hello everyone! I have finished the opening dialogue of the game (the dialogue that talks about The Sacred Stones). I will now move on to the world map intro and then finish the rest of the prologue. Here is what the opening is supposed to look like:

OP Fire Emblem The Prophecy Of Flames

It may be a bit unreadable, because I can’t find the place to change the color palette of the text anywhere.

1 Like
                 Good morning, afternoon or evening everyone!

After a bunch of work, I have finally managed to finish the prologue chapter of my Fire Emblem
Rom hack: Fire Emblem The Prophecy Of Flames! I found this a great moment to share the first patch with all of you!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dceNs3K01q8n56PAf5YgbfRAh1jdCvjV?usp=sharing

This is the very first version of Fire Emblem The Prophecy Of Flames and you’ll see that it is still a work in progress. Nevertheless I hope that you’ll enjoy the chapters and parts that are playable.

I would love to hear your opinion, advice and criticism. I want Fire Emblem The Prophecy Of Flames to be a fun and fair experience and that is only possible if you share your views! From gameplay to story, I would love to hear everything!

Have fun!

4 Likes

Hello everyone! :smiley:

I am currently busy on a patch that wil finish Chapter 1 and add a bunch of tweaks.
This one might take a while, but I hope you are as excited as I am for the release!

I decided that I will be remaking some of the older portraits, since a lot of them are just
simple recolors. I started recoloring Falchia. Here is a before and after remake:
Falchia 1 Falchia 2

The first one is the bland recolor I used. The second is a splice I made for Falchia’s new portrait.

I hope you keep looking forward to more updates of my rom hack! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Hope this game save have plenty handsome male character than girl character :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

1 Like

I will try to make everyone look as good as possible :smiley:

1 Like

Thank u so much (≧∀≦) a demo is good (〃ω〃)

Ps: please make some handsome boy for a poor girl like me :pray:t2::heart_eyes::pray:t2:

Ps2: 70 characters ~ it is good if 40 characters is male :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Good day everyone!

It has been a while! I have been very busy with improving my hack, especially the portraits.
I am currently busy with improving Chapter 2x and everything leading up to that chapter. Most of my recent work went into the portraits though. The portraits for the characters are listed below. Be careful though: if you want to remain unspoiled, it might be better to check these portraits a different time. On the left is the old portrait and the right portrait is the new portrait:

Evelyn

Shira

Shira

Heame

Edlinda

Ellanora

Nornia

Raymond

Kirina

Luke

That’s it for now! I’ll inform you when I’ve made something new! :smiley:

3 Likes

Hey Everyone!

It has been a while since I made one of these again. The development of the hack has slowed down a bit, because I have other stuff to do but that does not mean that the next patch will never come out! I’m doing my best to finish all of the chapters up to chapter 3. No major problems have been encountered (yet), so the remaining chapters should not be too difficult to finish.

For those of you who are interested in music:
I have posted a couple of songs from the hack on my youtube channel. All of these songs have either been directly ripped from a game or they come from websites such as midi shrine. Here is the playlist:

That is everything for today. See you all in the next post :wave:

4 Likes

Greetings everyone! I’m back with a small post.

Since it has been a while since my last post, I thought today would be a nice time to make a new one! At the moment, I’m busy polishing the prologue chapter and it is nearly finished in all areas (introduction events, dialogue in the chapter itself, gameplay and presentation). Since I’m polishing stuff everywhere in the rom, I sometimes get distracted from actuallt finishing the prologue. Fortunately, I’ve started editing chapter 1 as well and that chapter is also almost done.

As for a new patch: I’m planning to release a new patch, once I finish chapter 3 of the hack. With the extra Gaiden chapter that I added to the rom, that should give the rom 5 fully playable chapters. This will take some time, but it will give a lot more playtime and more to look forward to when the release arrives. Thank you for being patient. As a one man hacking team with limited free time, it takes quite a bit of time to make a good hack. I hope you are as excited for the new patch as I am!

Keep being a great community everyone! Catch y’all in the next post!

7 Likes

Hello everyone! I’m happy to announce that I’ve submitted Fire Emblem The Prophecy Of Flames for FEE3! Hopefully, I can entertain people with the results of months of hard work!

I’m very sorry for not bringing out a patch today, however I will soon! The last few months have been a big struggle for me and the rom hack is of course a thing that always comes second. Aside from that, I’m happy that projects such as my tutorial videos are enjoyed by a lot of you! This lets me know that what I’m doing is worth all of the time I spend!

Talking real business for a second: you can expect a patch to be released in the coming days! I’ve finished chapters 1 and 2 completely and only chapters 2X and 3 remain. Chapter 3 is almost done, only a little bit of work needs to be done there.

Anyway, I hope this fortunate news sounds good to you! Keep being a great community and keep looking forward to that patch! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

output-onlinepngtools (19)

5 Likes

Hello everybody! Thanks once again for being patient with this project. FEE3 is coming up and since I am doing a submission,this means that the patch for FEE3 will be avaible soon. If you really can’t wait for more info on Fire Emblem The Prophecy Of Flames then I have good news.
Yesterday I did a livestream on my channel where I covered the first two chapters of Fire Emblem The Prophecy Of Flames on stream. I’ll link the stream for those of you that wish to see those first chapters.

Note: The first half of the stream is dedicated to a Fire Emblem 7 Randomizer. For the start of the gameplay of The Prophecy Of Flames, check the timestamped comment or skip to 1:48:52.

I’m sorry for waiting so long on releasing the updated patches on my romhack. As a one man team, it is hard to get the level of detail and the proper work done quickly. Combine this with my pursuit of perfection and big list of hobbies and you get a very slow paced process.

To end on a more positive note: this year’s FEE3 will be my first FEE3 and I’m really hyped for it! I hope you guys are hyped for FEE3 as well!

5 Likes

Salutations everyone! I have come here today to inform you that I’ve finally finished version 1.1.0 of Fire Emblem The Prophecy Of Flames! After a lot of stress, love, blood, sweat and tears, it is finally here! Fire Emblem The Prophecy Of Flames FEE3 edition is released and waiting to be played!

After an amazing FEE3, the next update to The Prophecy Of Flames just could not wait anymore! Here is what you can expect:

Featuring 5 finished maps:
Chapter 2 map

A lot of new and balanced units:
Emma

And awesome climactic battles:
Damiën battle

The download patch can be found at the top of this thread. I also did my best to update that same post, so you might find it interesting to read!

I also feel like updating the Fire Emblem The Prophecy Of Flames’ soundtrack on youtube. The previous song lacked volume. You can stay tuned for that.

Last but not at least, I want to thank you all for the support. I have heard and seen a lot of motivation from you all that keep me going with this project. From the youtube comments on my videos and FEE3, to the massive amount of views and likes on Fire Emblem The Prophecy Of Flames’ material!
Thank you all truly!

4 Likes

Your FEE3 presentation looks pretty good and hope that you will continue making progress with your ROM hack. Hope that your main character, Tim, be interesting to say in the near future.

1 Like

Hello, congrats on the game, I started playing and so far it’s nice.
Just wanted to report a few little bugs on chapter 2x, whenever you visit either of the villages, the map changes to the following shrine event map that should appear by finishing the chapter, but the game continues with only the unit placement remaining. Also, in the same chapter, after a couple of turns, the map starts to have a tile glitch in the upper left, with mountains and plains tiles alternating each turn.

1 Like

Hmmm, curious. Thanks for the bug report and I’m happy to hear that the hack is nice so far. I’ll try to fix the tile change issue as soon as possible.

Thanks for playing the hack! It helps its development as well as it motivates me!

Edit: The new version 1.1.1 should be online and should include the fixed tile changes. Apologies for the bug. You should be able to update the rom and keep your save file at the same time.

1 Like

Thank you for the promptly response. I haven’t updated the patch yet, cause it wasn’t a gamebreaking bug and I traversed the chapter with little issue. Chapter 3 went on with no problems, but in moving forward with chapter 4 all the text is original sacred stones, is that how it’s supposed to be cause the story is not fully written yet? Sorry if you mentioned this previously and I didnt noticed. Also, in the initial chapter 4 “cutscene” the unit that replaces arthur glitches trying to move through the map and it freezes the game, you can still play the chapter if you press start and skip it though.

Sorry, I didnt paid proper attention, only now I see the I reached the limit of the finished chapters.

1 Like

I should mention I’m playing on hard also, not sure if that makes any difference.

I’ve set chapter 3 as the final one in this patch, so I haven’t really looked at chapter 4 yet. Thanks for reporting the glitch, I will fix that once I continue with development.

1 Like

Is this still being worked on? I’m curious to know.

1 Like