Greetings, reader! I am XPGamesNL and this is my very first Fire Emblem Rom Hack that I have been working (way too long) on. Fire Emblem The Prophecy Of Flames is a Rom Hack of Fire Emblem 8 The Sacred Stones. It is still a work in progress but I will share screenshots of maps and some story elements if I can! (Of course the story elements won’t contain any spoilers.)
The latest version of Fire Emblem The Prophecy Of Flames:
The story is about a young lord, Tim, whose parents died in a tragic war. Nonetheless he has lived a favourable life on the continent of Mirvania and in his kingdom: Gemania. Until he is ready to ascent the throne, Michael (his guardian) takes his place as king. The war may have ended years ago when he was still an infant, the scars of that dark time still remain. When another war breaks out due to jealousy, hate, sorrow and grief, Tim is faced with the biggest challenge of his life. Little does he know, that the war uncovers the truth about him and the continent he has lived on…
This hack will (most likely) feature:
- A story that has around 20 chapters.
- A world map with creature campaign and three dungeons to explore after you complete the game. The dungeons will serve as side stories and one of them will allow you to fight the final boss again.
- The cast will be bigger than Sacred Stones’ cast.
- The game will switch hard mode with special mode. Special mode will switch some characters to make the game harder. For an example: The game might switch a paladin with a halberdier, giving you less weapon types to work with, less movement and maybe even worse base stats and/or growths.
- A route split with edits to the story depending on the taken route.
- The magic weapon triangle is expanded with fire, wind and thunder magic now also playing part in the triangle
A thank you to the people who have provided resources for the hack! This list contains the names of people who have provided materials for Fire Emblem Rom hacking which I have used. (If you are missing from this list please let me know! I would like to have everyone credited for their hard work!)
- Intelligent Systems
- Alfred Kamon
- Blue Druid
- Velvet Kitsune
- Mariah the Magician
If you want to re-use some of the assets found in my rom hack, you can contact me personally. I’m thinking about making a folder where you can find all of my assets, so you can download them all at once. If that folder exists, you can find the link here:
Please credit me, if you decided to use some of my assets.
I would love to hear your opinion, advice and criticism. I want Fire Emblem The Prophecy Of Flames to be a fun and fair experience and that is only possible if you share your views! From gameplay to story, I would love to hear everything!