Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade 'Remake' [FE6 in FE8] [COMPLETE]

I don’t care about magic for Roy, but if you’re going to give ridiculous stat caps to both Lilina and Guinevere, you should set a higher stat cap for Roy’s strength too. If Lilina and Guinevere have a Strength cap of 30, which they do, Roy should get it to 40. In the original game, they were supposed to be sages. This doesn’t make any sense!
By the way, Roy was never supposed to be a jack of all trades. He’s always been a front-line fighter. You had the opportunity to fix his build, to make him better at what he does (compared to the others), but you decided to create overpowered girls instead. I wonder why!

She’s supposed to be a sage. Hector couldn’t use magic. Apparently, though, both Lilina and Guinevere can be the best sage and the best fighter. We all know why he did it. It’s the same BS we’ve seen in movies for decades now.

You know, if you’re this upset about Roy not being how you like it, nothing is stopping you from just going into the rom and changing Roy’s stat cap for strength, just don’t distribute that ROM.

3 Likes

What this person said. If something is bugging you with the hack, there’s pretty much nothing anybody can do about stopping you from making tweaks to your own personal download. Seems odd to come on here and complain about something you didn’t like when the solution is hanging in front of your face.

I don’t want to drag this discussion out, but in the future maybe don’t complain about someone’s passion project when you had no involvement with the work that went into creating it.

2 Likes

You’re basically saying that Roy is useless compared to the other units, and for some reason, you mainly emphasize making this comparison with stronger female units, and that already tells me that you didn’t actually finish the game, where Roy simply Become the strongest unit in the entire game with the Binding Blade

1 Like

marte i think in this case you’re on meth and reading too deeply into the intent of a skill/content bloated fe hacks game design as having something deeper than just unfiltered idea guy content

1 Like

This has been stuck in my head, and won’t leave me alone

Summary

Need Roy/Guinivere support

2 Likes

Isn’t there a Ram/Raw code that can be used to edit this anyway? Feels like it should be a single byte but idk I’m kinda knew to FE :man_shrugging:

Can there please be a Discord server for this project?

1 Like

There are codes to increase stats but no stat caps. If you increase a stat beyond it’s cap and do combat, the stat will immediately revert to be at it’s cap, in order to stop that, you have to manually go into FEbuilder and modify the stat cap yourself

1 Like

You need to chill out.

1 Like

I loved the remake and have played through it thrice now, but the question still lingers… Are these girls supposed to grow these much?

2 Likes

Yeah…it’s a bit too much. I see you’re playing an older version. I’m currently working on a major update including balance changes like base stats and especially growth rates. Shanna’s growth rates are clearly way too high, especially with aptitude. I’ve made a general change to the growth rate total so it’s lower in number, same with base stats. The gimmick I’m going for is having an underperforming unit at the beginning, but taking care of her and feeding her kills, you’ll get a pretty good unit.

Same goes for Gwendolyn.

Gwendolyn’s base stats in the older version were pretty high for a level 1 unpromoted unit so I’ve made changes to that too. Not only that, but promotion bonuses were pretty high so I reduced those as well. I’m currently playtesting the latest version of the ROM on Hard Mode and this is what my Gwendolyn looks like as of Chapter 16. I promoted her at Lv 17. No statboosters were used.
Of course with the change in base stats, comes change in enemy stats. The previous versions I’ve noticed are too easy and require little to no strategy other than placing one unit in front of a legion of enemy units and tanking everything. With the latest update, I hope to make it a difficult, but fun challenge in the way that you’ll only be able to succeed if you actually take advantage of the skills that are implemented (at least for Hard Mode), which was my goal from the very beginning.

I’m really enjoying seeing the feedback I’m getting so I can make this ROM the best “remake” it can possibly be. I’m working as hard as I can to release a quality update soon.

6 Likes

Can you please make a Discord server to provide updates and discuss this FE6 remake?

2 Likes

We are cooking, we kindly ask for a little more patience, please. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

9 Likes

Thank you very much, I did not know you are one of the developers. I thought I had to beg some more.

Hey I got a teeny question, so i’m replying my old save for this hack and i noticed that Murdock joins as dougles’ class in the post game. Is that supposed to happen or did my save glitch out?

1 Like

That is not supposed to happen. I just checked the extra units and it looks like I forgot to update the class Murdock joins as when I added his own custom class. My apologies. I just fixed it and it will show up in the next update I’m working on soon.

6 Likes

I think it’s fun that way. Something new than same old storyline and characters in the mix. Just saying

Thank you for being patient. The Discord server is now open! Check the top of the initial post for the invite link. :ok_hand:

6 Likes