Fire Emblem: Storge [COMPLETE]

I was just informed that Storge has received a Chinese translation. While I can’t directly link to their thread on their forums (our Eastern counterparts are more lax about sharing ROMs), here is the patch, and credits for the CN translation:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hfgch3GbY4wbqwwQjpcqnLe9SH95C7YY/view?usp=sharing

Credits

8 Likes

很好。谢谢。

1 Like

I decided that if I was going to play Storge I should ironman it since it’s relatively short and lost Malachi to a swordslayer, so I can confidently say I made a poor decision.

10/10 hack sufficiently good to make me neglect doing my dishes for an entire day while I tried to clear it

5 Likes

a hack we need but never deserved.

i rate this 11/10. Good humor, good moral story, exciting and creative gameplay, and original to boot.
Also, are you from India? Your character names have so many sanskrits. If so, that’s another bonus creativity point there.

Keep up the good work mate.

4 Likes

Glad you enjoyed the hack. I was born in the U.S. but my parents are Indian, yes. Divya is named after one of my neighbors.

1 Like

The Boss in Ch5 will move, is this a bug or design?

Intentional.

Storge_1651910360417

1 Like
4 Likes

Had the pleasure of playing this over Xmas break a few months ago! This was a blast to go through, with a VERY unique hub town (loved the Illusion of Gaia music in it).

8 Likes

I was wondering why I was getting a larger than normal traffic from this site, that explains it lol.

This is my video and I had intended to do this challenge as a warp skip beforehand, but after finding out I can just swap the angel wings that weren’t locked to just him and light brands were really cheap as well, figured I would just stat boost the heck out of her and just have fun that way, which works well. Don’t skimp out on the boots, they should be the first stat boosts you buy.

Hey! Great hack. I’ve just started this hack and decided to blind ironman it on hard (my first ironman! But the game seemed short, so it felt like a good choice). I just beat chapter 2.

I had no deaths in chapter 1, but unfortunately lost two units in chapter 2:

1. Divya died to the Simoom mage in the beginning after missing an 88 displayed hit (my fault, should have never trusted just 88 displayed hit lol).
  2. Next lost Kersi right near the end, because I did a rescue skip to get Becker to the goal. I didn’t realize that “escape” meant to escape with all units! For some reason I thought only Becker had to escape, just like in Path of Radiance.

So far I’d recommend if you can to change the objective to “all escape” or “all units escape” if possible, though I’m not sure about the limitations here. I think everything else is great though! Definitely recommend.

1 Like

well that was a fuckin’ lie lol

anyways here’s a “definitive update”, still patch in OP

Changes
  • fire emblem and air ring now useable in preps
  • unpromoted units may s rank
  • senal will now always start maps as a pirate
  • anna has had str/def growths buffed
  • roy now has the binding blade and a knight crest
  • buchanan has +5 move
  • saloninus now has offensive growths, starts with steel sword
  • drugar got misc buffs
  • gage’s def buffed, res nerfed
  • rorty’s hp growth buffed by 100%, +2 defense
  • perseus now starts with an acrobat gem
  • objective text in chapter 2 clarified
  • suspend character changed
6 Likes

I found out about this hack 3 days ago and prompty beat it last night on normal. Its an absolute blast. I really enjoy planning everything in the prolouge. I spent an hour just looking in armories and checking characters and wasnt bored for a second. The dialog is great too. The peg knight had me laughing my ass off. I really like how all the planning is frontloaded and you’re thrown right into the action after the prolouge.

My team for my first run consistened of -
Rorty : Huge str stat and his medicore defenses prevent him from being game breaking. Still incredibly potent and he hard carried for me. He’s worth the 12,000.

Xenobia: She made great use of the killer bow, she didnt level up str once and still stayed relevant for me. The healing in tandem with 6 move was nice. She made quick work of fliers and mages. I didnt try the shining bow on her but I imagine itd be a strong option.

Cheyenne: Cheyenne was one of my favorites, she had sky high speed and I was able to get her to one round a good chunk of enemies. The theif utility was nice too. I was able to steal the white gem off that sniper boss in ch 4 instead of trying to fight her.

Anna: By the final map she had 25 luck and an additional +15 from her prf. All her other stats were between 11-12. Her combat is pretty standard but having a shop was a good saftey net. Not sure if this is possible but itd be neat if the items rotated around from map to map. Using Cheyenne meant I had alot of extra spending money, im not sure if Id use Anna again without a theif to steal gems.

Dawkins: Absolutely busted unit. He capped speed and had 17 str/14 def. For his price he is broken. Im not sure how rng blessed I got but his growths were pretty high. He was the MVP of the run and practically unkillable.

Cruithne: She(?) is probably one of the most cost effective mercs available. Healing and good magic offense. They kicked ass with Judgement and a basic thunder tome.

Seivert: Staff armors as a concept is hilarious and works pretty well. Alot of rom hacks like to make bulky priests so going the full mile and making a staff armor was the logical progression of that trend. He was also pretty cheap and Zenobia couldnt do all the heals alone. I would have liked a promotion where he could gain access to a weapon but thats just a nitpick.

All in all this is a great hack. Im definitely gonna play it again and again. One small thing I noticed was in ch 3 the villager says in red text you can get some supplies but theres no shops/armories on the map. Was I supposed to use the battle preps armory or something? If so I missed that entirely. Anyways hopefully the lengthy post is welcomed and congrats on this banger hack.

1 Like

Yes, battle preps armory is disabled in all chapters except that chapter.

I’m glad you enjoyed the hack :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just completed my first run through Storge! Er, using the version just before this latest update.

It was a really fun time! The story is sweet and heartfelt, and the characters all have a ton of charm to them! Going in, I actually didn’t expect anyone but Gretchen and Becker to have boss quotes, so I was surprised to find that Stamos had one with Jortur. Now I’m curious what other boss quotes there are; the cast are super fun and I’m down to learn more about them.

My full team after the mandatory Becker and Gretchen was Dawkins, Humboldt—couldn’t not recruit the two guard buddies!—Malachi, Cheyenne, Roscoe, Laverne, Sievert, Stamos, and Eni. I thought I’d put together something fairly balanced, but the game is really well-put together to make you feel what you passed up and wonder if other characters and gear would’ve been better suited to tackling sections that gave you trouble; a great quality in a game that aims to be highly replayable!

It’s also impressive and really cool how every party member has such a distinct identity to them, both in gameplay and as characters. There are absolutely no repeat classes, for one thing, unless one of the unlockable party members is a repeat, but even beyond that, the characters are all very unique! There’s a good mixture of vanilla FE-type characters, characters who mix attributes in ways official FE has yet to, and quirky gimmick characters to choose from, and it’s cool to think that I’ve still got multiple entire parties’ worth of party members to try out in future playthroughs.

Gonna add my own recommendation of the game to the pile, ‘cause this is definitely a hack deserving of attention!

Also, as an aside, the Staff Armor walking map sprites are a little borked. I think some walk frames are a pixel too low on the sheet; you can see a one-pixel-tall strip appear above Sievert on certain walking frames, which I’d assume shouldn’t happen. It should be easy to fix, but I just felt I should let you know!

1 Like

Is the uppest link the latest version?

Yeah it is.

Okay actually it’s really not a big deal at all but here’s a fixed moving map sprite sheet for the Staff Armor class. The left/right-moving sprites all just needed to be moved up one pixel each, and that was it. Up to you if you wanna do anything with this, but I felt I’d share it for convenience’s sake!

Moving Map Anims Fire Emblem Storge Definitive.gba_23@18 Staff Armor_011CEC3C

4 Likes

Added.

1 Like