Fire Emblem: Storge [COMPLETE]

Hey! Just wanted to say that I’ve completed your hack for the first time, and I quite enjoyed it! I happened upon it, and the unique premise drew my attention. Really interesting concept, with decent maps as its foundation and a cute story to accompany it. Also, creative unit concepts. I’ve always loved these in FE games, so a game revolving entirely around selecting your preferred flavor of imaginative unit is something that I’m all for.

Overall, an enjoyable little experience. I found a couple minor issues, I’ll leave them here in case you wish to fix them:

Minor issues
  • Kersi’s portrait has no proper blinking frames.
  • This weirdness happened after beating Navaratri.

Just a funky visual glitch, no freezes or anything.
  • These three tiles in map 4 look like plain tiles, but they’re actually cliff tiles. Either make them look like proper cliff tiles, or turn them into plains.

Also, a few typos I found, to varying degrees of importance. Some of these are extremely unimportant, please bear with me:

Typos

Double just.

Acquaintance

Unnecessary dot.

Unnecessary “to.”

I’m not as sure about this one due to the man’s ye olde speech, but I’m pretty sure it still should be “greetings”, not just “greeting.”

The “how” is not capitalized after a period.

That dot should be a comma.

Sugarcoat

Unnecessary comma.

A hasty decision.

This sentence doesn’t end on a period.

Works, but it’d look a bit better if there was a comma between the “no” and the “I refuse.”

Also, I have a suggestion: Personally, I would’ve liked it if each mercenary on the team got a scene at the end of the game. Just a tiny epilogue of sorts where, after being dismissed, they reflect on the journey and think about what they’re going to do in the future. Kinda like at the end of FE12. I loved the dialogue for the mercs in the preparations map, and while I would never force you to give them all dialogue in every map (that’d be too huge an undertaking for the scope of this hack), I’d love to see just a bit more. Just a little suggestion!

Lastly, here’s my final team, if anybody cares to see it:

Team

The only guaranteed unit. Thankfully she’s pretty good. A bit on the squishy side, but she deals solid damage. Loved that she promotes in the final map, too. In a way, she’s both the Jeigan and the Gotoh.

Staff armor! It was love at first sight with this guy. I was glad for his defense a couple of times.

The joke was funny, and otherwise he was a jack of all trades that could heal a bit, take a few hits and deal some decent damage. Not the best, but useful.

This guy’s great. No defense and infantry movement, but superb offensive stats and flight without arrow vulnerability to compensate. Really nice!

The team’s rider. Fine combat and movement. Good enough.

Vidali was a good magical nuke, and hel is an extremely useful spell. Though to be honest, the best thing about her is…

…She brings Dwight with her. Kinda wish he had a portrait like Tasogare, but I imagine you were unable to find one. In any case, this cute little guy can frontline and deal great damage with a weapon that never runs out. Awesome unit.

Boring thief.

Pirate ballistician lady. Her ship was super useful in many occassions, and her combat was just plain great. One of my favorite units. Also, love her design.

eRroR mAN was quite the spellcaster. T.I.R.S (what does that stand for, by the way?) was an excellent spell. I didn’t even notice qutrRl4 was a staff until way too late though, haha.

Okay-- What the hell. How in the world is this old guy this powerful!? By far my best unit. After a few levels he just left everyone else behind in the dust. Best combat in the team, it’s not even close!

So yeah, in a few words, I quite enjoyed this hack. It was a fun little experience, and I’ll probably replay it once or twice. Keep up the good work!

4 Likes

The air ring works in the battle preps menu, but when trying to use it mid-battle it requires level 10.

I know why it has that visual bug.
When her death quote is finished it triggers a tile change right outside her cliff area.
Due to the battle screen having a background, it glitches when changing a tile anywhere on the map.

The Units (Aside from the Starting 2) are All Stupid
Amazing hack, 11/10

1 Like

My tier list:

Here is my tier list : Curious where everyone thinks differently.

The game was overall fantastic, 10/10 seriously. Even though I’ve completed everything I am still finding myself coming back to it.

1 Like

I have some suggestions for the hack if you are open to it:

Summary
  1. Make Mr. Gillespie Recruitable in NG+ if you visited his house in a previous playthrough (Wyvern Lord with decent bases, average growths)
  2. Buff Buchanan’s base stats and growth rates (+3 and +25% each) so he doesn’t suck
  3. Raise Drugar’s strength growth to make him viable late-game as well as without the Brave Axe, raise his price in compensation
  4. Buff Saloninus’s bases
  5. Make an event where after Chapter 3, Roscoe gets the ability to summon normal phantoms if Cruithne and Zenobia are recruited and alive (OP enemy phantom still spawns though)

I’m not making further changes besides bugfixing, but I am interested in what the reason for 5. is.

How easy is it to disable sending to convoy so that items are discarded instead? It’s mainly for the final map to prevent things from being sent to a convoy that’s no longer deployed.

Relatively easy but what would be the benefit besides reducing net score for the playthrough (since the discarded item’s value would not be included)?

Yo, I just beat your hack for the first time. Here were the stats for my final team. My final gold count was 25035 and my final turn count was 65.
FE Storge-10
FE Storge-11
FE Storge-12
FE Storge-13
FE Storge-14
FE Storge-15
FE Storge-16
FE Storge-17

Sievert’s walking animation seems to have some opaque pixels

1 Like

Thank you so much for making this hack. This was by far the most creative mechanic that I’ve seen. Great story. Great balance. Perfect. I only wish it was longer. Cheers to you, knabepicer. A great contribution

2 Likes

Thank you for the hack.

Im new to fe hacks (this is my first game) and ive had a great time playing this!

One thing that bugs me tho, i cant seem to finish my last quest, clear the game in 25 turns or less. Anyone can tell me how to do this? It seems impossible for me as the maps are large and units generally need to be trained first, which takes a couple turns.

Here’s a video of one person doing it on Normal mode.

2 Likes

Thank you! I never though there could be a strat like that!

Hey I just got done with my second playthrough of your hack, and it was awesome! I was chomping at the bits for more haha. That said I think the ability to have such control at the start of the game is gonna make me come back for more fairly often. First playthrough was on normal using a mixed bag of units, second I took the Yudhi challange lol. I think this is a good example of less is more with the characterization, even with even the short exchanges we get with most the mercs they for the most part feel like good archtypes. No dialogue needed past that first recruiting option, its better without supports IMO- Get ready for some copycats on this formatting of “team building” I liked it though, great stuff !!

2 Likes

Can I just add on that the usage of Brigandine for your boss theme is fantastic. One of the best boss theme inserts I’ve heard in any hack.

FEE3 Showcase is up! Decided to go with a trailer; although my editing skills are not so hot :sweat_smile: Thank you all once again, I’ve been blown away by the positive reception to this little project!

6 Likes

It was a good run. Definitely worth the multiple run.