Fire Emblem: Justice & Pride (Full Length FE8 Hack)

@Operator0G I went to the chapter in my ROM and didn’t have any issues unlocking the doors.
On the bottom half, I can’t see if anyone’s standing on the lower switch due to it being offscreen, so make sure that someone is. Due to the switches mechanic, they can’t be opened with lockpicks.

@Nephenee The link in the OP has an updated patch which fixes various things, and it makes the boss appear from the start instead of having to spawn.

2 Likes

Ups … Ty

1 Like

on chapter 18, attacking the axe fighter makes him have the stats of the witch in the mountain, and instantly ends the battle with the unit only gaining 1 exp.

1 Like

In the cutscenes before chapter 4 (the one where the onyx dragoon is introduced by Perseus) there are two playable blue characters stuck in the map in the background

1 Like

fighting this hero on chapter 20 causes the game to freeze instantly

1 Like

That’s unusual. That hero’s always been stable. Heck, I even went to chapter 20 myself and it didn’t do anything weird.
I’ve heard ROM hacks can be weird with emulators that aren’t Visual Boy Advance. Are you using a different emulator, because that may be the cause if you are.

emulator

3 Likes

On Chapter 21, getting the Berserk condition resulted in a softlock.

Also, sometimes, the Mage Knight animations will overlap, meaning one attack animation will play before another finishes, causing the game to freeze. I’m not sure what causes that.

The Chapter 15 end cutscene also froze each time I went into it, forcing me to skip it.

The Chapter 22 chests also respawn indefinitely.

2 Likes

Update the patch. Let me know if anything else decides to break.

1 Like

… also is there a way to recruit valentyn since he denounces the empire?
Also at chapter 17 the game crushes numerous times and when i try attacking the boss it always crashes
And why dont caterina have battle animation?

2 Likes

Nissa’s Harrier palette is just me forgetting to modify it.
I have no idea what’s causing the spartan thing, it’s been around for a while.
I completely forgot to set up Caterina’s animations.
Yes, Valentyn is recruitable. He has to survive chapter 15x and chapter 20, then he’s recruitable in ch 22.
As for the ch 17 crashes, you’ll have to be more specific as to where (although I didn’t have any issues with the boss when attacking him on my rom).

I put the fixes for Caterina’s animations and Diane’s description in, and I gave Nissa the generic Harrier palette. and switching out Nestor’s personal skill, Charge, in favor of Quick Draw due to glitches with Charge. The updated patch is in OP, as always.

1 Like

managed to beat the game… and wow this is an awesome romhack. definitely can’t wait for the post game release! I definitely need to record a playthrough of this for my channel in the future if thats all right with you. anyways on to my final team lol.
Aderyn was way to helpful and could clear hordes of monsters and soldiers alike. giving her the special stat boosting items and critical force basically made her unstoppable by critting everything in sight. she basically makes kelik from TLP look weak.

Teddy having insane strength and access to a swordslayer basically made anything he fought either die or be close to death for others to kill off and gain exp.

George was my first promotion and he definitely came in clutch at all times as a spartan, especially when he had access to a killer blade and a short spear. the spartan class has a glitch where it shows part of the dancer class in its map sprite

Starting out as an enemy in a turn-based map made it annoying to try and get her… but krystal was worth it since dancers are useful.
2cf521fb67cdcad539a39150c77472ab

Penny was an awesome healer AND fighter. basically nothing could hit her and she could easily heal just about anything. i should have used the body ring on her though. she even got an A rank support with george!

Nathaniel had his uses luckily. he would either evade or simply kill off the lesser enemy grunts that got in my way. his low strength through basically made him have to rely on special weapons like lancereavers and wyrmslayers to do big damage,

Derrick was my MVP along with Aderyn. he basically was a player phase deleter where he would get rid of just about anything that got in my way, and with the minibow not many things could happen to him. his doubling and insanely high attack power also helped with killing just about every boss that he fought.

Nissa was a decent harrier. she basically rescued and helped weaken enemies that got in our way. she had to have had some amazing luck though since she almost always evaded attacks.

Leon shined through the last chapters of the playthrough with his speed and attack, similar to nathaniel on relying upon weapon specialties to dent the tougher foes… but his better strength actually allowed him to get some kills.

Jake did great starting mid game when he got some decent level ups and he managed to get to an S rank in spears. surprisingly he did well against any monster that wasn’t a phantom.

and last, but not least… Damian. he basically was my all-around go-to guy when it came to healing, and then he became a true beast when i managed to get him some fimbulvetr’s.

well… thanks for making the hack and i hope that you make even more in the future and stuff!

2 Likes

well when a pick a character and press the attack option on the boss the game immediatly crashes

Ans this happens if i let the boss attack me
Also it seems that although only the boss is left it says that 2 are left and im suspecting that the one missing is a thief that disappeared suddenly in the middle of the stage while going to the door

1 Like

@Operator0G Really glad you enjoyed the hack!

@Rigas That’s odd, that’s never happened with Angus before. Try updating the patch and replaying the chapter, I replaced the doors to the boss room with special walls so that way you still have to open them through switches, but the thieves will focus on escaping instead of going to try to open the center doors.

The updated patch also fixes the Ch. 22 Thor’s Ire, making it droppable.

1 Like

well as i said apparently the existance of the thief by itself is a problem since it crashed again after i restarted

although the thief attacks different units the same thing appears when it crushes

1 Like

Send him your save

1 Like

How can i?

1 Like

In your emulator folder, there’s a file that have “.sav” at it last. Send Op that so he can find out what’s wrong.

1 Like

i know which file it is,what i dont know is the way to send it .

1 Like

Gdrive, Dropbox or Discord, uploaded then share the links

1 Like

Just because I’m not super active on this thread doesn’t mean I’m ignoring it. Every time a glitch was reported, the first thing I would do would be to go and fix it. I’m still waiting on the sav file for your bug, that’s all.

7 Likes