Fire Emblem Fates: Upgraded, the way Fire Emblem Fates is meant to be played.
About this hack:
What this hack plans to do is change a lot of things in the game to balance it better, make the game harder, fix the story, and fix many inconsistencies with the localization, so you could call this Fire Emblem Fates Deluxe, or Fire Emblem Fates Definitive, I intend for it to have a feel like that, some of the changes are:
- Katanas give avoid and effective speed but have lower strength.
- Most Nohrian weapons were given more strength and less accuracy.
- Silver weapons no longer debuff after use.
- Daggers have a new small edit.
- The Yato gives some stat bonuses.
- Weapons like the Kodachi can now follow up! But weapons like the Spear cannot.
- Most Birthright Boss’ weapon placements are changed.
- Some boss themes are moved around.
- Xander and Ryoma can now have a special theme for their final fight in Birthright and Conquest! (Information at the Questions and Answers section, and link is in the downloads section)
- Xander has been buffed at his final fight in Birthright, as well as a new gameplay change was added for it (Lunatic and Hard Mode only).
- All Birthright bosses have been buffed.
- The Siegfried and Raijinto have been differentiated more.
- The Fujin Yumi and Brynhildr give a very small bonus.
- Birthright, Revelation, and Hero Battle enemy stats are now decreased slightly on Hard mode and greatly on Normal mode.
- Many translation errors, like Setsuna’s personal skill, Nyx’s death quote, Hinata’s death quote, Oboro’s death quote etc. are fixed.
- Changes the unit creation screen Boon and Bane text to be like Awakenings.
- Changed the main lord’s death theme. (Information on how to change it back is at the Questions and Answers section, Question 6.)
- Most Vallites are buffed, on Lunatic and Hard mode.
- All Invasions are edited.
- Added Scaling to the Hero battles plus change 14!
- Lilith now has Dragon Ward as a personal skill!
- As a result of change 1 and 5 the Yatos changes are much more varied.
it also plans to add in plenty of new supports as well as audio in supports, chapters,
paralogues, and perhaps some characters, as well as use some of Team IFs translation text to change the games text to properly express the characters different feelings
and make different supports clearer, this hack also plans to add recruitment methods for characters in the Birthright path (such as Sakura being able to recruit Hinoka),
and mothers being able to recruit the children characters, this hack also plans to add a few custom DLCs, as well as add Hoshidan and Nohrian Festival of Bonds and a new Apotheosis called “True Apotheosis”… yes I know that’s a lot, maybe I should go ahead and call this Fire Emblem Fates Ultimate.
(Everything in the hack is bound to change, and is in no way affiliated with Nintendo or Intelligent Systems.)
Previous version: .4825
Current version: .4827
Hack Status: Stalled
Be sure to take a look at the screenshots.
The change log, and logo are present in the links below, if you enjoy the hack be sure to follow me to stay up to date with the latest releases of Fates Upgraded, and give it a like. Also feel free to comment, ask questions, make suggestions and whatever else, but most questions can be answered by reading the change log, or the Questions and Answers section, thank you and enjoy!
I split the hack currently into two version, the Faithful version, and the Upgraded version:
The Faithful version: The version that is currently being worked on, is a version that does lots of edits but doesn’t change the game too much.
The Upgrade version: The version that changes a lot about the game, to make it more varied and enjoyable,
such as every chapters goal in Birthright not being Sieze, Rout, or Kill Boss.
Faithful Birthright Edits: Complete.
Faithful Birthright My Castle Invasion edits: Complete
Faithful Birthright Paralogue Edits: Complete
Faithful Conquest Edits: Chapters: 25, 27, EG done. (I don’t think I’ll be doing anymore edits to it.)
Faithful Conquest My Castle Invasion edits: Complete
Faithful Conquest Paralogue Edits: Complete
Faithful Revelation Path Edits: Chapters 6-14 are done.
Faithful Revelation My Castle Invasion Edits: Complete
Faithful Revelation Paralogue Edits: Complete
Upgrade Birthright Path: Not in production…
Upgrade Conquest Path: Not in production…
Upgrade Revelation Path: Not in production…
DLCs: Not in production…
Items and Descriptions Editing: Complete (Until further notice.)
Support editing: Not in production…
Script editing: Not in production…
Recruitment Methods: Not in production…
NOTE: Though this hack is made for the US versions of the games, you might be able to use them with any regions files with a bit of work.
There are too many screenshots to display so click on the link here and choose which ones you’
d like to see.
Fates Upgraded Change log version .4827 link with Notepad ++ text colors:
Fates Upgraded Special Iron15 and new song link:
Fates Upgraded Faithful Edition Version .4827 for the Birthright game link:
Fates Upgraded Faithful Edition Version .4827 for the Conquest game link:
Fates Upgraded Faithful Edition Version .4827 for the Special Edition game link:
Special Thanks and Credits to: God (Yahweh), DeathChaos, Merrill lianne, and Geodude.
Questions and Answers:
Question 1: How do I even load the hack!?
Answer: You will need to use a file patcher, like the LayeredFS in Luma CFW,
if you haven’t installed Luma yet here is a link to all the information for it: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki
Question 2: How do I open the .rar file?
Answer: You can use WinRAR for that (even after the trial period you can keep using it for free).
Question 3: Why isn’t the new theme for Ryoma and Xander already loaded in the hack?
Answer: EDIT: The theme sounds good, but the Iron 15 file is really large and
could take up too much room on a SD card so I left it out of the hack, but it can be put in and used in the game, instructions are around the bottom of the Changelog.
Question 4: Why don’t I see any changes in Birthright? I’m playing on hard mode.
Answer: EDIT: This is a problem on version .4792, but with the release of .4825 this problem should be fixed.
Question 5: You composed the theme for Xander and Ryoma yourself?
Answer: No. It was taken from another game and added to Fates Upgraded same with the main lord’s death theme.
Question 6: How do I remove the new main lord death theme?
Answer: In the hack files either:
go in the “LumaLayeredFS” hack folder of the game hack (eg. FEFatesBirthrightFatesUpgradedLumaLayeredFSFiles)
navigate to and then enter the folder “stream” in the folder “Sound”, once inside delete the file “sys_gameover_E1.dspadpcm.bcstm” and you’re done.
Question 7: Is this hack compatible with Gay Fates?
Answer: I’m not sure, but I don’t think so, it would probably require some effort to make the hack work with it, whether it’ll take little or a lot again I don’t know.
Taken from my original post on GBATemp: https://gbatemp.net/threads/fire-emblem-fates-upgraded.502519/