Fire Emblem: Black Fang [Story Complete]

Pretty major changes to 15 and 16. Both are harder but hopefully more interesting too.

I found a bug in chapter 14.
Whether i just view the map before starting the chapter or scan it after starting, the wyvern riders and falcoknight at the bottom left screen crash the emulator.
I’m using myboy gba (full version) on android. When the game crashes my emulator, i have to restart my phone for it to work again.

Good catch! I just looked into it. Some of the unit details were missing for that character ID. It’s fixed now and will be included in the next patch. I’m thinking I’ll add a few more things before putting out an update. Do you think you can fight through in the meantime? Let me know if it’s obstructive and I’ll put out the patch earlier.

1 Like

I haven’t tried it since informing you because of real life situations. I’ll give it a run a few hours from now. I’ll inform you of the outcome. Thanks for responding.

Edit to my last post: I may take longer than expected to try that chapter. Real life shenanigans

Same here. I’ve been splitting my tie between a super secret side project and a six day work week. The fix is in the new ups in the main post.

2 Likes

Well, things seem to be going fine now but I hit another snag in chapter 14. I can’t seize the ballistae with Chadwick or Jonas. I haven’t tried any of the other units yet, since they’re the main protagonists of the hack. I also did not bring an archer with me for this chapter, so that could also be it. Let me know if I gotta restart and bring an archer please

Edit: Are Elton and Miguel recruitable or I should just kill them? I think Miguel is awesome and I really don’t wanna miss out on any characters (I killed Murdock in the previous chapter, so I hope he wasnt recruitable as well)

The thing you pointed out was a hardcoding being changed for lords in the last patch (basically I tweaked something minor and it affected something else I didn’t anticipate), I fixed it and it should be okay now.

Edit: here we go
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6uyg838rk3s08ej/Black+Fang.Achilles1.06.ups/file

Don’t worry about fighting Elton and Miguel, they won’t die in the fight. They’ll just have their egos bruised. There’s no penalty for beating them.

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks for the quick fix, gonna apply it and continue later on today. I should have mentioned it before, but I like how Hannah’s promotion came into play. Nicely done

Hate to be a bother, but in chapter 16, is that fell contract supposed to be obtainable? Cause if i kill the boss it won’t drop and I cant steal it off the boss…

Okay, this one is semi-intentional but the story is long winded so let me give you the tl;dr first.

Narissa doesn’t drop it when you kill her and she’s so fast it’s impossible to actually steal it off her. Don’t worry though, if you missed the Fell contract in 10x, there’s a very easy one coming very soon in 18. Just visit the village right next to the start.

Now the long winded version. The reason that Narissa has an impossible to obtain contract is that it was originally the tell of which was the real Narissa. Instead of them being various classes, they were originally all assassins with one of them holding the contract. Then I realized that in the dark you probably can’t really check their profiles anyway, so I mixed up their classes to give away who the real one is (you see her in the previous cut scene as an assassin so that is your hint). Obviously the hint is not super important since there’s no penalty for just murdering everyone everywhere. But yeah, anyway. Kill her, 17 is really short and doesn’t have a prep screen anyway. And then in 18 you’ll have the fell contract promotion item.

1 Like

Oh yeah I realized the assassin was the real one from the get go.
I missed that one in 10x for real, so thanks for the heads up.
I think I’ll be playing this game a second time :grin: its honestly been a blast. The enemy units got so op at the beginning of the 3rd arc though

1 month later: Still no progress from where I last left off. Real life has kinda hit, ya know?
I’ll be getting a break soon though so hopefully I’ll get a chance to complete this. I was having so much fun with it. Cheers mate!

1 Like
character spoilers

Eddie was killed by a jackelope LOL

Rip Luke btw

2 Likes

Dear author: I am very grateful to you for making such a fine revision of the fire emblem. I would like to translate your Black Fang into Chinese and share it with friends who also love Black Fang. Would you please allow me?

Thank you for making such an excellent FE hack! In fact, quite a few Chinese players also like this hack very much. A User in China whose ID is Valena 23 thinks your work is very amazing, so he started to translate the text of this hack into Chinese and make it into a text file for Chinese players to understand and read. So far, He has successfully translated BlackFang’s main plot with the help of some friends who also like the work! (and I have to say, the translation are unequivocally, is fully established on the basis of respect for the works as far as possible close to the original translation) BlackFang is very meticulous work, we particularly fond of their original and respect the original view of the world excellent drama and diversified and rich characters, even now we are keen to talk about it! Thank you again for your hard work! Hope you can always be happy!

5 Likes

Hey, yeah sure. I’d like as many people as possible to play the game. I can’t tell how loyal the translation is, but I trust that they did their best and I hope it came along well!

Dear author, I would like to ask, what is the effect of cursing doll? Feb shows the skill +5, but it can’t be used, and it has no effect on a character. May I ask, how do I use it?

In addition, I would like to ask that I am still not clear about the entry conditions of chapter 12x and the return conditions of Anthony. I hope you can give me some advice. Thank you very much indeed

Hey sorry, you’ll probably get quicker responses in the Discord. I should probably turn on notifications here.

But yeah, so the Cursed Doll, like Mikhail’s coin, were planned for features that got cut due to the FE7 engine not being able to do things the FE8 engine can. The idea was for the coin to provide passive boosts and the doll was a quest item which when in your inventory would trigger the spawn of a late game unit called Jolene who was essentially a Castlevania/Bloodeborne tribute. A vampire hunter goth. Jolene is still obtainable in game but the conditions were changed to just be getting chapter 19x while Achilles is alive.

12x requires you killing enemies in 12 with Arnold and triggering two battle quotes with him plus visiting the house in 10 or talking to the morph in 9.

Anthony will rejoin the party in the end event of Chapter 17 if you never discovered he was the traitor.So you CANNOT get 8x. You get 8x by doing 4x and visiting the house in 6. 4x is earned by killing the boss in 4 within about 15 turns.

While I’m here, there’s also a JONAS MODE ups beta patch in the Discord though it’s barely started. Some extra scenes in the first 4 chapters so far. Slightly different stats and maps. I need to make a new prison chapter for the second army.

4 Likes