Fire Emblem 8: Self Randomizer (Reverse Recruitment Edition)

Is lyon supposed to be a healer and Glen an Arcane lord or vice versa?
In addition Lyon gets a brave bow at first chapter is that intentional or not…

…Uh, this is a randomizer? Anything is possible. All of this is intentional.

1 Like

Alright, I’ve updated the links now. Update now, but beware: this is incompatible with your earlier saves!

So, two things. First, a very basic list of T3s:
Dread Fighter: Infantry, Sword/Anima
Champion: Infantry, Sword/Lance
Baron: Armor, Sword/Lance/Axe/Bow
Master Knight: Cavalry, Sword/Lance/Axe/Bow/Light
Bow Knight: Cavalry, Bow
High Magus: Infantry, Anima/Light/Staff
Harbinger: Armor, Sword/Axe/Dark/Staff
Dark Druid: Infantry, Anima/Dark/Staff
Legion: Infantry Monster, Sword/Lance/Bow
Strigoi: Flier Monster, Lance
Gazer: Flier Monster, Anima/Light/Dark
Vanguard: Infantry, Sword/Axe
Gold Knight: Armor Cavalry, Sword/Lance/Axe
Demon King: Infantry Monster, Monster
Dracozombie: Infantry Monster, Monster
Manakete: Flying Monster, Monster
Barbarian: Infantry, Axe/Bow
Trickster: Sword/Bow/Staff
All T3 classes spawn with 1-2 range weapons, so there’s NO range cheesing any of them without Rescue drop shenanigans.

Second:

The Final Fight

Chapter 21 has been GREATLY revamped! Not only can the Demon King become a completely different class, but he’s surrounded by goons, too! On Cormag’s route, reinforcements will also occasionally spawn. And on Turn 4, a familiar face will show up with a miniature army. Hope you recruited Neimi, because while he IS recruitable, it’s a pain to do so…

Well, that’s about it. Enjoy!
Edit: Had to fix a few things, including unit descriptions and also adding some T3s to some maps. So, uh, NOW download it.

Who is the link download of New version please ??

I believe the link should be updated in the OP. Just go to the dropbox link and grab that version, just be aware that you will have to restart the game from scratch if you have a previous save.

1 Like

Oh, and I JUST updated it. Forgot to assign dark magic to some classes, and the Dracomaster didn’t have axe animations, so I fixed it @Destructueur @Crobat @Cryse. Be sure to redownload it if you got it earlier!

It always gets stuck when i attack with this unit unless i turn off animation

Hmmm… Okay, let me check that.

I THINK it might have something to do with the magic animations. Lemme try something.
Edit: Yeah, it WAS the magic animations. I accidentally uninstalled the Magic Extension system somehow. I updated the link @Rigas. Thank you for spotting that!

Capture%202
riev is pretty cocky not gonna lie

1 Like

…aw fuck, did I not fix that?!?
Wait, I did! Ryn, did you not get the update I just posted?

Here. Get one of these. The second one has a glitch that, because this is an edited version of the Self Randomizer, was patched back in after circles removed it. The first one doesn’t have the glitch period.

I did, I downloaded the most recent download. when you said you updated the links I played it almost instantly. I got riev and then that happened

1 Like

Any way to know which 2 tier gives each of the 3 tiers?
and how do i evolve from t2 to t3…

Heaven Seals promote T2s into T3s. They’re a random treasure, but I think they’re in the preparation screen’s shop as well.
Lord classes also promote via Heaven Seals, but they have T3-esque stat caps.
Edit: Forgot to add them into that shop. Gotta update this again…

I have ideas for your future update :

Add the triangle Magic (Wind, Fire, Thunder) and water and earth Magic.

Add the class Hunter in T2 ans into T3 you can put the class Adventurer.

Add the class Malig Knight and Harrier.

it will be to add more challenge for your mod hack :wink:

Uh, about that. As much as I’d like to… Due to how I edited this rom, in order to add these, I’d have to restart ALL of my development on this hack. Needless to say, not happening. Plus, class space is INCREDIBLY limited. Just to fit all the T3s AND to get the Demon King and Dracozombie working, I had to gut EVERY NPC class, and I STILL needed to replace a few classes, so there isn’t much more I can add or remove without breaking ballistae. Secondly, adding Malig Knights and Harriers… I’d love to do that, BUT there’s another issue with that. I assume they’d promote from Wyvern Lords/Knights and Falcoknights. But here’s the catch: Those don’t have existing Lance and/or Sword anims. I’d either have to set up the hack so that units promoting into them lose non matching weapon ranks, which would be a punch to the nuts for players who trained their Falcoknights to S rank Lances, only for the game to then get rid of that rank because oops, no lance Harrier animations exist! Or I could mix animations, say, Harriers use Falcoknight anims for swords and lances, and Harrier anims for magic. Or Wyvern Knight animations for lances, Wyvern Lord animations for swords (if I don’t just make Wyvern Lords use Axes instead), and Malig Knight animations for axes and magic. The result, of course, would be a hideous hodge-podge that can’t decide on a decent color scheme, something I detest, personally.

Your ideas are, personally, great! But implementing them NOW would require such a large time investment that it would be tantamount to suicide. I’m only a high school student, after all.

TL;DR: The ideas are good, but implementing them would shaft other classes/have mediocre results in execution, and would generally just cause me to strain myself more than I already do.

I’m updating the links and removing the old ones later. This time, the preparations’ shops’ll be edited, You won’t get overpowered shit such as Speedwings early on, but you’ll be able to purchase more powerful and varied weaponry as the game progresses. There are more changes, but I need to sort some issues out first.

Alright, so I’ve just gotten out another big update. Feel free to download it again. Note: for existing saves, all Basilikos will become Heaven Seals, and vice versa. Useful for promoting T3s early, but otherwise, you shouldn’t notice anything different.

take your time it’s not for now do not worry it’s for a distant update, just to give you idea of ​​adding for your romhack

Can i buy the heaven seal from shop and if yes after which chapter?