Fire Emblem 7 Pick My Edits

So you want them to implement a random chance for a unit to… have 0% growths?
I’m unsure what you mean, and even then, I’m not sure if implementing a change like that would be a good idea, especially for people who implement growth units into the PME.

Also, what’s with the defensiveness? (Apologies if I misinterpreted you.) Pretty sure MeatOfJustice was just asking a genuine question my dude.

2 Likes

Jogurt is a joke character from Shining Force. He is a large hamster(?) wearing a helmet whose base stats are all 1. He can level but he has no growths and when he either kills something or gains a level, I forget which, you can obtain an item called the Jogurt ring. It just makes other characters look like Jogurt. The randomizer is a pretty straight forward concept. Easier said than done. But extremely straight forward. It is the chance for some growths in each set to be zero. I just had to check what he meant. She already said I can’t overwrite other people’s stuff any way. I just wanted to see if it could be done while I was thinking about it.

I would have to do a lot of work to make this portrait actually usable, since it’s wayyyyyy over the color limit for a portrait in GBA Fire Emblem, but I’ll see what I can do

Actually, do you have the original version of this image? That would make it a lot easier to make the portrait

Oh that is right this is 7. I tested it in 8. Um. Give me a bit I just woke up. I got to go do some stuff. It is just the FE Heroes art for Altina.

What if… Bolting… +20 crit and brave effect :flushed:

Original

In FE 8 I had to reduce it. The first one is what it looked like before I reduced it. I need some program to retrieve all the color vals so that I can then pass through another program to repalette it properly and clean it up efficiently and I just didn’t get that far.

Third day, third edits.

Edit 1.
  1. Replace Karla with FE12’s Maris/Malice and give her Maris’ average stats as a level 5 Swordmaster, aswell as her growths as a Swordmaster but with +10% everywhere.
    These would be 41/80%HP, 17/50%STR, 22/70%SKL, 24/70%SPD, 16/60%LCK, 13/15%DEF, 4/20%RES, aswell as 8 con. There is a portrait of Maris in the repo.
Edit 2.
  1. Replace Karel with FE12’s Dice, and give him Dice’s average level 8 stats and growths as a warrior
    These would be 51/90%HP, 26/60%STR, 15/45%SKL, 18/40%SPD, 12/40%LCK, 12/15%DEF, 2/5%RES, aswell as 15 con. Pretty sure there is a Dice portrait in the Repo.
Edit 3.
  1. Bump up the Dice/Maris (Karel/Karla) support to 46/+4 points and let dice start with a PRF Devil Axe that’s called Lady Luck and has 25 weight, 45 hit, but 80% crit. The axe symbolises his gambling addiction, which is high risk, high reward, and probably what cost his daughter Maris one of her eyes.

This is all that comes to mind so far, let me know if the Support change and item change count as seperate edits, if so i’d rather have the item change over the support change.

• Sain is now a Soldier, which now promotes into Dragoon, which is an exact clone of the Berserker but Lance locked.
    He uses Nuramon’s Halberdier Sain portrait.
    Has 50% Skill/Speed growths and 11 Con. His bases are the same as vanilla.
    Comes with an Iron Lance and a Horseslayer.

• Isadora is now a Dragoon with A lances.
    Has tripled Con and doubled base Luck.
    Her Luck and Def growths are swapped, gets +5% HP/Str growth.
    Her Silver Sword is swapped by a Silver Lance.

• Lastly, I will not tolerate this Pent slander. He gets A in Light and Dark.

1 Like

Wait we can submit more edits each day? Ooooooooooooooh. Trade out Oswin for Horace with plus 10 to all growths starts with the Rex Hasta though same starting ranks in lances and he is now brothers with Hector. We can work on a portrait later. And since you can’t change anyones edits. I want to edit Hector to be Hector. So that no matter what happens from here on out. That sexy monster will still be there. His portrait combat animation and name too. With plus two to all his stats and 10 crit to both his personal weapons. Also if I can figure out how the music works later. I want to change his combat music to some sort of heavy metal. Or screamo. I may look into a black armored Hector. Vaida’s glitched spear from that one demo, I think it was the control enemy unit one, is cannon. It is a spear with stat buffs I think.

BLACK METAL HECTOR
insert metal scream sound effect

Try finding something instrumental though, i doubt people wanna hear lyrics every time they attack with hector. Try making it as long as the other combat track too

1 Like

Yeah yeah that was what I had in mind or like a Ozzy Osborne’s yell type thing idk.

You’re allowed three changes per day. Between the ones suggested here and the portrait you submitted earlier, I count 5, so you’re going to have to cut down a bit on those, or just have them count towards your picks for tomorrow, especially since at least two of those will end up being considerable work for me

1 Like

5? A potrait, tbf I counted that as part of the first one I didn’t realize we could make more and just lumped all of Guys as one. Oswin to Horace. Hector to Hector. Vaida’s Spear. But okies.

That would bring it down to 4 then, counting the music change, that being the second thing that’ll take some doing. tbh it sounds like it’d take a fair amount of coding to have a music track dedicated to when one specific unit is in combat

1 Like

Well I planned on figuring it out for you if I could if not I was going to leave it alone. The portrait too if you give me some time.

I’m pretty sure you can assign music tracks to specific weapons, and iirc nergal or the fire dragon have their own combat music too. I don’t know that much about FEBuilder but i don’t think it would be that hard.

I don’t know I wanted to assign it to crits but we will find out in the next week or so I guess. It has it’s own connecting sound so I thought maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe some Screamo or heavy metal idk.

iirc you have to assign what sound effects play during what part of an animation when actually making it work, so i think it could be possible to just add that when he crits. You could also just use the brigands crit scream, that way you wouldn’t have to worry about finding a song and getting it into the correct format

I would never sully Hector with such a mundane thing lololol. We will see what happens I haven’t even gotten there yet it is a part of the editor I have never messed with I have a gut feeling it is not THAT hard but I don’t want to speak too soon. A certain rate and codex shouldn’t be too difficult.

1 Like