FEE3 2023 Help Thread

Hi all, this thread’s purpose is for project creators to seek help from volunteer and for volunteers to advertise their availability. This thread can be used summarize your project and what content you plan to showcase for prospective LPers. If you would like to volunteer to LP some projects then this is a good place to advertise this. Following up on these can be done in DMs as to not clutter the thread, this thread is mainly for connecting project creators and volunteers.

Please keep in mind that volunteers are not officially associated with FEE3’s organization, and they are free to choose which projects they would like to help with.

The current list of volunteer LPers is:
Xilirite
BigMood
Epholo8
ViciousSal
XPGamesNL

Additionally, Merpin has offered to help with trailer creation for those interested in submitting a trailer for FEE3, as well as general video creation advice.

The full list of video submission guidelines can be found here, but to summarize a few key points, videos can be no longer than one hour and must have a minimum resolution of 360p. However, shorter videos are strongly encouraged, as not only do these result in better viewer engagement, but they also make things easier for volunteers who review your submissions. Disabling battle animations is an easy way to cut down on video length. Similarly, resolutions of at least 480p make for a much better viewing experience, 360p is the bare minimum but if you can record higher resolutions please do so. Also, checking audio balancing beforehand is important; it was very hard to hear commentary over game audio for a few videos last year. Knowing what you want to cover in the video ahead of time is also important, doing a dry run before the final recording will help with this.

Submissions are now open! If you are ready to submit your showcase, please fill out the below form.

FEE3 2023 Showcase Submission Form

Submission form details

For those unfamiliar with how submissions work, below is an example from last year of what your video thumbnail will look like. For the main thumbnail image, either submit a screenshot from your emulator or submit an image with 3:2 aspect ratio. The side image is optional; you can submit a character portrait or animation frame if you’d like.

The title of your video will be “FEE3 2023: <Project Title> by <Username>, and the video description will be what you submit in the form. If you would like your project thread to be linked in the description, please include the link in the submitted description. For the sake of readability on mobile, I encourage omitting “Fire Emblem” from the submitted project title, but ultimately it is up to you. Videos will air every six hours, starting at midnight EST. You may submit one or more time slots that you would prefer; while we cannot guarantee that everyone gets their desired time slot we will take these into account when creating the schedule.

24 Likes

Trying my best to balance audio. Are there general tips for that or is it just about feeling? All I heard was that listening to stuff without Headphones on can help you out for a more natural outcome.

The most common audio balance issues I’ve observed in past events are game audio drowning out commentary and one person being louder than the others when multiple people are giving commentary. Doing a quick 30 second test recording should be plenty to check for these issues.

4 Likes

Can also record audio to separate channels to allow for fine tuning afterwards

3 Likes

Hi, this is just a reminder that submissions are open! If you have any questions about the submission form, you can ask them here or DM me.

4 Likes

Uhm… hello! As someone with the social ability of a potato what do I do to ask if someone would be willing to do a chapter-ish LP of a thing?

Do I just ask here and hope someone may pick it up? If so, uhm… that!

4 Likes

Yeah that’s about all you need to do. If you haven’t already got a taker, DM me the details and I’ll give it a go.

1 Like

So I have three projects, two recently released and one being released soon that all need videos for their submissions.

Anyone available and interesting in LPing for me, please let me know.

Here are links to my released games that you can check out.

A Royal Summons

Tactics of Taming

There’s also a link to a trailer for my third game in the OP of ToT.

Thanks in advance anyone interested in helping me out. I’m a shy little cucumber.

Edit: My third game, Fate of the Fallen has just been released so here’s a new link.

Fate of the Fallen

3 Likes

So I would quite like to enter my Mark of the Dragon into this year’s showcase, but would be happy to have some help from a volunteer LPer. Any of the volunteer LPers willing to take it on?

1 Like

I need a volunteer LPer for my project Pyrathi 609

Preferably I’d like someone who is an Archanea fan to play through it as, while the story should still be more than comprehensible to anyone who hasn’t played the Archanea games, it is a sequel and people familiar with the setting already should pick up on more things than another player might not.

My hack isn’t done but it is in a place I’m proud of! I looking for a volunteer to do a let’s play of my hack,
Restoration Army (Attempt 3). This is a link to the project: [FE8][WIP][15 Chapters][7 Gaidens] Fire Emblem: Restoration Army (Attempt 3)

1 Like

Hey there! It’s definitely late into the cycle, but are there any volunteer LPers still available? I’d like to do a chapter LP for Daughters of Braghedunn, aka Lex Telephonis. Here’s a link to the previous FEE3 video.
If you’re interested, DM me here or through the Lex Talionis discord.

Hey, so I might need some help making a trailer for Sacred Echoes. It’s been well over 10 years since I did any kind of video editing, and I’m not really sure where to start.
I can get some footage recorded today, but I’m not sure really what to include and in what order, what length I should aim for, etc.
Any help is appreciated :slight_smile:

Hello, I understand it is incredibly late, but, are there any LPers that are still available?
If not, oh well.

Regardless thanks in advance,
You can DM me here or on discord my username is “furioushaunter” my display name is just “Furious”,
you should also be able to find me through the FeU discord, again thanks in advance.

Hey, so what exactly is the best runtime length for a trailer?

Between 2-3 minutes is a good length for a trailer. It’s alright if it’s a little bit over or under that time, but this range should be enough to show some highlights of your game while also leaving room for people to check it out more in depth after the show.

1 Like

Was wondering if someone could do a runthrough of a chapter from my hack. This is the project thread: [FE8] Fire Emblem: The Drowned King

I can send further specifics, as well as the sav and necessary ups patch, to anyone whose interested. I can be DM’d here on on discord, my name on discord is “rushless.” (with the full stop as part of the name).

A couple notes: The chapter I’m looking to have demo’d is not currently part of the public project, being the beginning of the second act of sorts.

The hack is very iron-man friendly and is designed to play like classic GBAFE, specifically kinda like FE7 ideally, with linear promotions and a lot of units.

Also, slight content warning. It’s uh… It’s a boat map.

I’m going to take a final shot at seeing if anyone is interested in helping doing a runthrough of a chapter from my game, Mark of the Dragon.

Here’s the project thread.

I would be really grateful!

1 Like