FEE3 2022 Schedule Announcement!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!!! LAST BASTION MY BELOVED!!!

Gamma, how dare you. I feel so targeted! How dare you make such a beautiful and perfect recreation of my favorite Gaiden Map??? And why and how is it all so good?!?

Art: Check!
Gameplay: Check!
Tech and Wizardry: Check!
Slayde’s punchable face? Double Check!

The original Gaiden and Echoes are irreplaceable in my heart, but Sacred Echoes is a strong 3rd pillar, a must play experience for any Gaiden fan. Scratch that, it’s a must play experience. Go play it. Right now!!! I know I will be.

16 Likes

Day 2 begins with Of Sand and Sabres by RandomWizard!

25 Likes

Aw Yeah, Of Sand and Sabres :sunglasses:

This hackrom showcases RandomWizard’s incredible imagination and presentation in full force! Every time they have something new to showcase, it never fails to make me laugh or cheer! I love the full commitment to the aesthetic, music, graphics, and even story themes, it’s all here. Yeehaw!!!

12 Likes

I feel the same about SoV. Never played the original but I’m not too fond of most NES games.
I hope this’ll be a great hand-in-hand experience where every fan will enjoy all 3 versions.
They all have something unique, none of them replaces another. As it should be.

3 Likes

Next up is Souls of the Forest by Scraiza!

22 Likes

J&P Book 2 Remake by DrGreen339!

20 Likes

Sotf. I think the only word I can used to describe Souls of the Forest is “Cracked”. Well, maybe that’s not fair, I could also use the word “Polished”! I think my favorite part of Sotf’s design is the useage of various weapons as the crux of the design, rather than skills. It gives the project a distinct feel simillar to games like FE12.

Justice and Pride Book 2 Remake! How often do you get a remake of a sequel in this community? Might this be the first? J&P hacks have always been solid, and yet the improvement from instalment to instalment is palpable! Great work DrGreen!

16 Likes

Anakin Skywalker’s favorite Hack ROM.

7 Likes
19 Likes

Time for Tom! a hunter from Lot
Love me some Famicom FE Hackroms! Something about the aesthetic just pleases me. :relieved: Fully custom items, characters, maps, and events are all impressive! Don’t forget to take you Armor and KnightKill!

13 Likes
16 Likes

FE6na Hard Mode!
Another Tactile showcase! This time with everyone’s favorite super smash brothers melee character. I did think the new items not originally present in FE6 were an interesting addition, and I really liked the detail that the pirates- I mean, “corsairs” were their own faction that would fight with Laus. Adds a certain different flavor to the map without sacrificing the original’s flow and direction.

13 Likes
20 Likes
19 Likes

Starlit Souls! Very cool showcase, Wolf Riders and elemental-themed Sages are super neat, and there seem to be tons of interesting weapons and items! I really like the idea of a first aid item you can use on an ally, very clever. I think what most impressed and intrigued me was the commander bonuses; what a clever concept! Great work so far Team Tirnaanor!

The Seasonal FE4 Remake! While it’s clearly still in an early stage, I was impressed with both the authenticity to FE4 as well as what was new! The use of the castle as a separate map is also a pretty clever implementation in FE GBA. Here’s to hoping this project ripens and bears fruit!

14 Likes

Deity Device: Saint’s Blood by Permafrost!

20 Likes

Deity Device: Saint’s Blood!
As soon as I heard this was coming, I became excited! Xil’s interview of Permafrost was excellent last year, and this time around was no different! I knew I was going to enjoy the interview portion, but I was pleasantly surprised by just how cool the gameplay showcase was as well! Lots of fun items and skill combinations for sure, but more importantly playable, summonable book! With it’s own skills and items! Awesome! I also always enjoy when the dialogue in a showcase is adapted for the show, and some of the lines for FEE3 gave me a chuckle. Excellent showcase!

13 Likes
20 Likes

Thank you for posting the FE5AD video Rivian, I tried but could not due to reply spam prevention :midblink:

Anyway, FE5AD by Blademaster!

It’s pretty incredible just how many formerly Thracia exclusive mechanics are now possible in GBA FE!!! Capture, Fatigue, PCC, and so on. Personally though, the elements I’m more interesting in are what Blademaster decided to add or change :eyes: . The possibility of more “substitute” units feels reasonable and sounds fun, and I’m curious how the addition/replacement of combat arts will alter the strategies! The demo still seems early in development, sure, but I’m hoping to see more!

11 Likes

It’s pretty incredible just how many formerly Thracia exclusive mechanics are now possible in GBA FE!!!

Even though SGW already implemented quite a few of them, this is a big reason I decided to make FE5 in GBA. In the long long ago, FE hacking making something like FE4 was a dream, with FE5 being an impossibility. Now this year, both have remakes able to implement almost every feature their original games had.

It’s truly incredible how far FE hacking has come. I’ll never stop being amazed by the communities progress.

14 Likes