[FE8US] Fire Emblem One Turn Clear

Fire Emblem One Turn Clear
version 1.0
a hack by Ephraim225

Credit to Circleseverywhere for the skill system used.

The goal of this hack is to clear every chapter in one turn. There are 30 chapters all based on maps from the original FE8, all edited to be cleared in one turn. In a sense, this hack is more a series of puzzles than a war game, and you’ll need every tool available to clear it! The skill system gives you access to Rally, Seal, Spur, and eventually Galeforce skills. Check what you’ve got as you go.

However, keep in mind the following:

• PLAY ON HARD MODE. Everything was tested, edited, and created with Hard mode in mind.

• DON’T LET ANYONE DIE. Goes without saying.

• DON’T THROW AWAY OR WASTE ITEMS. You never know if you might need an item further down the road or not. Warp and Rescue in particular should be conserved as much as possible.

• YOU CAN STILL GET UNLUCKY. Even at 80%, attacks can still miss. That said, none of the maps outright require RNG manipulation to clear them. If your hit rate is 70% or more, you can generally expect that you are intended to hit that attack. Luckily, all maps last one turn only anyways, so retries don’t take long.

Screenshots:

And finally, the download:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ammk91d4ol3j365/FEOTC_Release_v1.ups/file

If you’re stuck, or find yourself forced to rely on a lucky crit or unlikely dodge, let me know! It’s always possible I simply overlooked something! But be sure to use spoiler tags to avoid giving the solutions away.

18 Likes

Huh, neat.

I think you can remove the difficulty option and force people to play on hard mode via a patch. I love the idea, definitely adding this to my must-play list.

1 Like

sponsored by Ashen One ltd.

1 Like

Thanks <3

I already disabled Easy Mode with a patch but I think I prefer leaving Normal available for a lower difficulty option. Still, everything’s meant to be played on Hard.

1 Like

Oh shit, dondon is back???

4 Likes

I’m not sure if I could be doing something better or not, but I’ve had some kinda RNG based strategies in Chapter 4 that I can’t think of

Basically for that group of enemies on the island where the boss is, the strategy I came up with was to send Seth in, equipped at first with either the Horseslayer or Axereaver, then the Javelin
Thing is with that is that he needs a few crits or the Horseslayer/Axereaver will break before the boss attacks him and he doesn’t one round the boss with the Javelin without a crit, I can’t use them both because then he won’t have the Javelin equipped when the Mogalls attack him

You’re on the right track so I’ll give another clue. What I do is put Seth in this exact position with the Javelin equipped:

SethHint

The rest of the team has to deal with every enemy that Seth doesn’t one-round from there. Mogalls need to be killed or you need to make certain they can only attack Seth.

Ah, I was putting him in the forest, I’ll try that then

I can’t figure out how to solve Chapter 10: Revolt at Carcino.
Innes has a Bow Range +1 skill, but it doesn’t seem to actually work.

Is Innes’ Bow Range +1 skill supposed to be necessary to complete the chapter?

1 Like

Certainly an interesting idea. I’ll be sure to try it out.

1 Like

Huh it doesn’t work, how strange. At any rate, if I remember right you don’t need the +1 Range, Innes’s role is killing the boss. (Assuming the solution I’m thinking of is the right one. It’s been a long time.)

Not sure what you used to make this, but the skill is fixed now if you can update your installation of Skill Systems.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do chapter 3. I’ve been trying to find a way to open the door, give seth the axe reaver, and have him kill the brigand in front of moulder. Am I on the right track at least?

Reading this, I’m assuming one can still choose the difficulty mode? If so, maybe you’d want to look at this:

Ah, I just saw the third post.

Hi all. I’ve been having a lot of fun with this hack. I’ve actually been streaming it, and it’s been a real joy figuring out solutions with chat :slight_smile:
Unfortunately, we ran into an issue with Ch10 (Ephraim): Turning Traitor. The clear condition is to defeat the boss, but killing the boss (Selena, in this case) doesn’t end the chapter and we still get a game over. There’s no seize point either.

Has anyone else run into this? Not sure if I’m missing something or if it’s something else…

If I remember right you should be aiming for Beran, not Selena, as Beran’s death quote sets the flag for the boss kill. He appears on the first enemy phase, so there should be some way of taking him out still :wink:

Where did you stream this? I’d love to watch VODs if you have them.

1 Like

Hello, thanks for the quick response!
We did try waiting for Beran, but sadly he never appears, whether or not we defeat Selena :frowning:
If you’re curious, here’s the specific VOD timestamp where we started this particular chapter (with complementary ramblings!): Twitch

I’m sure it’s just me missing something! A nudge in the right direction would be great :sob:
I did spend some time after the stream learning FEBuilder and made Selena the objective, so I do have a way to move forward on the next stream, but I’d prefer to do it the intended way!

Hey, I am having a lot of trouble clearing chapter 5. I generally rescue Seth with Moulder and then warp with Natasha, but I am 3 squares short of reaching the boss. I tried rescuing Arthur to put on Seth but apparently, the ‘give’ command doesn’t work in FE8.
I can’t figure out how to solve this chapter.

Nvm, figured it out.

I’d like a hint for Chapter 3: specifically, is it possible to solve this WITHOUT the use of the Rescue staff, or not?

I think I do intend the Rescue staff to be used, yes.