FE8U - Trainee Emblem 8: An FE8 Hack for the Ewan Fans in the Crowd

As an Ewan fan I completely approve

1 Like

Saleh still has B rank in light magic and C rank in staves even though he is a Mage.

yeah oops

So the story is same but all units get -1 tier in class, can some1 explain me whats the appeal to hacks like this?

Is it because u get more choices in classes for all units?

yeah kinda lmao

Most people are now trainees. Franz and Gilliam have the same starting class as Amelia, for example. Then you can promote them to Cavalier or Knight and so on.
Prepromotes are now demoted (Seth is now a Cavalier, Saleh is a Mage, etc)

1 Like

Cormag is level 11 in Erikaā€™s route. Also his map sprite is right but his palette isnā€™t lol

I imagine all enemies -1 tier too right?
would letting all enemies as is too hard for player units -1 tier? i would like that kinda challenge.

i remember some1 made a flyer emblem that all player units gota fly class but enemies stayed foot locked wich made the game so easy and boring.

is difficulty same as vanilla fe8 ??stil easy?

no only a few bosses are detiered

2 Likes

This is so cool! I keep getting an error saying the ROM I have isnā€™t compatible with the patch though. Any idea which ROMs out there work for this?

Hmmmmm
Are you patching to FE8U?

Said character actually joins at the start of Chapter 18.

oops.

Has this been tested on mgba at all with the new patch? I canā€™t seem to get it to run at all. It crashes as soon as I hit new game. Iā€™m using a psvita and using mgba on it so not sure if thatā€™s the problem. But was just wondering if anybody else had the same problem with mgba pc or anything.

I use mGBA on Windows and havenā€™t had any issues with the latest version.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. Itā€™s definitely something with the psvita version then.

Is neimi not supposed to get the extra experience for being a trainee?

I noticed that too.
Kinda unrelated but Hunter gains exp at the same rate as Thief, so if you make her a Hunter sheā€™ll level up faster than when she was a trainee lol

2 Likes

Ah I see. Kinda makes me not wanna use her at all cuz I donā€™t have the patience to level her up to 10 when everybody is already like 5 levels ahead of her. Is it worth training her up anyways?

Iā€™m using her at the moment and made her a Hunter. The Hunter promo gains make her an offensive monster but her issues are still present. The magic bow gives her 1-2 range but only for 50 uses. If you need a second thief (which you rarely need) then she can be good. Colm makes for a better Hunter since he has better bulk and the mostly the same offence. The sword rank loss doesnā€™t matter much since the magic bow is E-rank and helps him catch up.

1 Like