FE8U - Trainee Emblem 8: An FE8 Hack for the Ewan Fans in the Crowd

The sword rank loss can be mended by promoting a Hunter to Assassin, which give C rank in swords. Assassin is way better than vanilla also. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gotcha, yeah Iā€™ll probably end up training her then cuz my Colm got RNG screwed and is soooo behind in everything, even speed. He got 1 stat gain for the past 6 levels and only 2 of those were anything decent.

Cool, I might do that then since my Colm got rng screwed and I donā€™t feel like babying him anymore lol

well, youā€™re in luck! just fixed curate/fletcher exp gain

2 Likes

Great to hear! Iā€™ll update the patch immediately and thanks for the frequent bug fixes/updates to this wonderful idea of a hack.

1 Like

I tested it and while fletcher gains exp like the other trainees, curate doesnā€™t. Maybe giving Natasha a new staff that gives 30 exp or something could solve it.

Oh yeah true

Because staff exp doesnā€™t use class relative power, you could give the staff trainee class paragon as its class skill and it would lose it after promotion.

This hack does not use skillsystem, though.

2 Likes

Love the hack, Iā€™m a huge fan of trainee classes, but why no EXP in the tower?

2 Likes

it was mad funny

1 Like

Some dudes showed me this knowing I loved Ewan and omg, This is my kinda hack thanks for making it lol

3 Likes

Been playing through this hack on and off for the past few months and I have a few bug reports for version 1.2.

1. Male Pegasus Knight has a broken map animation, switching to a civilian sprite when hovering. Also the class can not promote with whips or master seals and for some reason thereā€™s no Male FalcoKnight.

2. Knoll joins as a Dark Mage in Ephraim Route with a C rank in Anima. Similarly, Syrene has sword access as a Peg Knight.

Thatā€™s all I found or remembered. This hack is pretty fun but I wished for some adjustments. Such as Rennac joining with a lockpick to make up for LockTouch.

1 Like

Oops! i guess i never tested male peg

Iā€™ve been using neimi as my primary thief and it seems like she canā€™t steal? She can use picks, but not steal items like the chapter 7 energy ring.

Thatā€™s pretty strange. I took a look in FEbuilder and both female and male hunter classes can steal. Maybe your Neimi got speed screwed?

Also Colm is straight out better than Neimi when it comes to stealing as he has Thief skills as a personal. He can be a Bow Knight or Assassin and be able to steal. Also the assassin class forgets how to steal like vanilla.

New patch with various bug fixes

2 Likes

I cant steal from this guy
Trainee Emblem_1650637652810
Trainee Emblem_1650637648231

Does the merc have more speed than Colm?

Yeah I think